Nevada is more than Las Vegas. Its banking and finance industries are very strong, as is also the construction industry, but there is yet a lot more. Check out the following interesting facts:
- Nevada is a state without usury limits, which has attracted many credit card companies to establish in the state.
- After California, Nevada produces the most geothermal energy in the nation.
- Nevada produces about 10% of the world’s gold supply.
- Nevada has no corporate income tax.
- No franchise tax
- The state has no personal income tax.
- There is no state tax.
- Nevada permits one-individual corporations.
- There are more than 300,000 companies incorporated in the state of Nevada.
- The state does not require that the directors of a company be stockholders.
The following companies have market caps of over $1 billion, and are headquartered in Nevada:
- Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) builds resorts worldwide, it is also the owner of the Venetian resort in Las Vegas. The stock has a PEG of 3.43.
- Wynn Resorts Ltd. (WYNN) builds and operates casinos and resorts, such as the Wynn which it owns and operates. The stock has a P/E of 29.7, and a PEG of 1.59.
- MGM Mirage (MGM) posses and administers resorts throughout the country. The stock has a P/E of 8.14, and a PEG of 2.05.
- International Game Technology (IGT) produces and sells gaming equipment in the domestic and international markets. The stock has a P/E of 18.45, a PEG of 1.6, and it pays a yield of 2.40%.
- Sierra Pacific Resources (SRP) generates and delivers energy in the south of the state. The stock has a P/E of 12.07, a PEG of 0.9, and it pays a yield of 2.80%.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA) its main business is the generation of geothermal energy, both nationally and internationally. The stock has a P/E of 43.18, a PEG of 1.99, and it pays a yield of 0.40%.
- Bally Technologies (BYI) produces and delivers gaming systems and other equipment related to the gaming industry around the globe. The stock has a P/E of 21.33, and a PEG of 0.65.
- Southwest Gas Corp. (SWX) purchases, and sells natural gas in Arizona, California and Nevada. The stock has a P/E of 15.22, a PEG of 2.38, and it pays a yield of 3.20%.
- Boyd Gaming Corp (BYD) is a gaming company that operates in the United States. Its stock has a P/E of 24.18, a PEG of 0.98, and it pays a yield of 4.30%.
- Employers Holdings, Inc. (EIG) is an insurance company specialized in commercial properties and casualty insurance. The stock has a P/E of 7.15, a PEG of 0.98, and it pays a yield of 1.40%.
Disclosure: The author does not own any of the above.