This has been a sleepy week here in the Valley, but it’s time to wake up: this afternoon brings a boatload of pre-Labor Day earnings news. It’s pretty much the last gasp for the June and July quarter companies; with tomorrow the last trading day of August, it’s almost time for the first round of September-quarter pre-announcements. Something to look forward to when you get back from the beach.
The big news after hours will be Dell’s (NASDAQ:DELL) report on its fiscal second quarter ended July. The Street is expecting sales of $15.95 billion and profits of 36 cents a share.
But there are quite a few other reports on tap. Here’s a rundown on the rest of this afternoon’s busy schedule:
- Novellus (NASDAQ:NVLS-OLD) holds a mid-quarter update on Q3 results; the Street consensus is for revenue of $246.38 million and profits of 4 cents a share. The company previously forecast revenue of $240 million to $252 million and EPS of 1-5 cents a share.
- Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) will report its fiscal Q2 ended July. The Street sees $836.7 million and 22 cents a share. The company’s forecast was for revenue of $830 million to $840 million.
- Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) will post its fiscal Q2 ended July. The company had forecast revenue to be up slightly on a sequential basis from the $56.9 million reported in Q1; the Street sees 56.7 million and 40 cents.
- Silicon Graphics (SGIC) will post results for its fiscal fourth quarter ended June; sadly, the company no longer has any active analyst coverage, so you’re on your own on that one.
- Aruba Networks (NASDAQ:ARUN) will unveil results for its fiscal fourth quarter ended July; the Street consensus is for revenue of $46.5 million and a loss of a penny a share.
- Novell (NASDAQ:NOVL) will announce results for its fiscal third quarter ended July. The Street expects $241.4 million in revenue and profits of 5 cents a share.
- OmniVision (NASDAQ:OVTI) will report results for its fiscal first quarter ended July. The consensus is for revenue $171.4 million and profits of 28 cents a share. The company had forecast sales of $170 million to $190 million and EPS of 27-40 cents.
- Wind River (WIND) will disclose results for its fiscal second quarter ended July. The Street is looking for revenue of $87.8 million and profits of 8 cents a share. The company forecast was for $86 million to $88 million, and 7-8 cents.
- Magma Design Automation (NASDAQ:LAVA) will post results for its fiscal first quarter ended June. The Street sees revenue of $44.9 million and a loss of a penny a share.
In today’s trading:
- Dell is off 50 cents, or 2%, at $25.13.
- Novellus is up 40 cents, or 1.8%, at $22.80.
- Marvell is up 21 cents, or 1.5%, at $14.65.
- Sigma is up 35 cents, or 2%, at $17.65.
- Silicon Graphics is off 3 cents, or 0.5%, at $5.94.
- Aruba is off 4 cents, or 0.7%, at $6.10.
- Novell is up 8 cents, or 1.4%, at $5.99.
- OmniVision is down 30 cents, or 2.7%, at $10.89.
- Wind River is up 9 cents, or 0.8%, at $12.08.
- Magma is up 9 cents, or 1.6%, at $5.59.