From Between the Hedges:
- McDonald’s(MCD) plans to sell about 5 million shares in Chipotle Mexican Grill, the fast-food chain that went public in January.
- Shares of Reigncom Co., a South Korean maker of portable music players, rose on a report the company is in talks to team up with Microsoft(MSFT) to take on iPod maker Apple Computer(AAPL).
- A US Senate panel will say tomorrow that the Federal Emergency Management Agency(FEMA) can’t be repaired and should be shut down.
Late Buy/Sell Recommendations
- Removed (EBAY) from Focus List.
Asian Indices are unch. to +.50% on average.
S&P 500 indicated +.08%.
NASDAQ 100 indicated +.09%.
US AM Market Call
NASDAQ 100 Pre-Market Indicator/Heat Map
Before the Bell CNBC Video(bottom right)
Top 20 Business Stories
Daily Stock Events
Rasmussen Consumer/Investor Daily Indices
CNBC Guest Schedule
Earnings of Note
8:30 am EST
- Initial Jobless Claims for last week are estimated to rise to 305K versus 303K the prior week.
- Continuing Claims are estimated to rise to 2441K versus 2439K prior.
BOTTOM LINE: Asian indices are mostly higher, boosted by auto stocks in the region. I expect US equities to open modestly higher and to fade into the afternoon, finishing mixed.