If you still haven't put any defense and aerospace stocks in your portfolio, you should seriously consider doing so before October. There are plenty of these 'war' stocks to choose from, including ones that pay high yields. Here are some that you may want to site your scopes on and possibly pull the trigger. All of these have market caps over $1 billion:
- Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) manufactures and markets aerospace and defense products and ammunition. The stock has a P/E of 16, and a PEG of 1.56.
- Boeing (NYSE:BA) makes and markets jets, military aircraft, missile defense systems, satellites, and launch systems. The stock has a P/E of 11, a PEG of 0.83, and pays a yield of 2.8%.
- CAE Inc. (CGT) makes and markets simulation equipment and services to the civil aviation industry, military organizations, and defense organizations. The stock has a P/E of 17, and pays a yield of 1.2%.
- DRS Technologies Inc. (DRS) a provider of defense electronic products, defense systems, and military support services. The stock has a P/E of 19, a PEG of 1.34 , and pays a yield of 0.2%.
- Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ:ESLT) is an Israeli company that makes unmanned air vehicles, advanced electro-optic and space technologies, electronic warfare suites, airborne warning systems, electronic intelligence systems, and military communications systems. The stock has a P/E of 18, a PEG of 1.77, and pays a yield of 1.7%.
- Embraer, also known as Empresa Brasileira De Aeronutica S.A. (NYSE:ERJ) based in Brazil, makes and markets jets and aircraft for defense and civil aviation markets. The stock has a P/E of 14, a PEG of 0.86, and pays a yield of 3.9%.
- General Dynamics Corp. (NYSE:GD) manufactures aviation products, combat vehicles, weapons systems, and munitions. The stock has a P/E of 14, a PEG of 1.32, and pays a yield of 1.7%.
- Goodrich Corp. (NYSE:GR) makes and markets components and systems for the commercial and general aviation airplane markets, and the defense and space markets. The stock has a P/E of 10, a PEG of 0.62, and pays a yield of 2%.
- Honeywell International Inc. (NYSE:HON) is involved in the business of aerospace, automation solutions, specialty materials, and transportation systems. The stock has a P/E of 13, a PEG of 1.05, and a yield of 2.5%.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE:LMT) manufactures military aircraft, and air vehicles, including the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, the F-22 air dominance attack aircraft, and the F-16 multi-role fighter. The stock has a P/E of 15, a PEG of 1.25, and pays a yield of 1.6%.
- Northrop Grumman Corp. (NYSE:NOC) provides aerospace products, electronics, and shipbuilding to the military, government, and commercial customers. The stock has a P/E of 13, a PEG of 1.03 , and pays a yield of 2.5%.
- Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) has six divisions: Integrated Defense Systems, Intelligence and Information Systems, Missile Systems, Network Centric Systems, Space and Airborne Systems, and Technical Services. The stock has a P/E of 15, a PEG of 1.11, and pays a yield of 2%.
- Rockwell Collins Inc. (NYSE:COL) makes and markets communications and aviation electronics. The stock has a P/E of 13, a PEG of 0.8, and pays a yield of 2%.
Disclosure: Author does not own any of the above.