12 Value Stocks

View 12 Value Stocks' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ecopetrol: A Great Opportunity in a Country Far, Far Away [View article]
    I believe is a good opportunity at the current level, PE is only 6.75 and Dividend yield 6.38%. Ecopetrol is a huge company and it is not going anywhere.
    Jun 4, 2013. 08:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Passing On Verizon And AT&T, But America Movil Appears Attractive At Current Levels [View article]
    Dear almpal1217 the 159.9 here is referring to the PE ratio, not the price of the stock. Regarding Verizon Wireless subscribers the number I added here was taken from cnet news http://cnet.co/ZVWhXw where they said "At the end of the second quarter of 2012, Verizon reported it had a total of 111.3 million wireless customers". Looking at VZ financial reports it seems that the latest official number they released to the public was 98.2.
    Apr 13, 2013. 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Offers Investors An Annualized Gross Return Of Up To 25% Over The Next 5 Years [View article]
    The problem with Microsoft si not money or market, is Steve Ballmer. Here a long list o bad decisions he had made over the past few years http://bit.ly/10sbniv
    Apr 10, 2013. 07:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Is Far Too Cheap To Ignore Any Longer [View article]
    There is no question that MSFT is an undervalued stocks, recently I got some shares, but I'm still a little concern with the long list of mistakes over the years. I hope this will stop one day. MSFT can have a second chance without Steve Ballmer http://bit.ly/10sbniv
    Apr 1, 2013. 06:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sprint: A Great Turnaround Story [View article]
    S at $5.44 today may be finally taking off. When the priced went down to $2.21 I increased my position, since then the stock has increased 138%. Those who liquidated their positions when the stock was going down to $2.21 may have lost their investment. The stock market requires patience and understanding very well the companies. senatordan (above) was right, you should have taken a position when the stock went down 15%.
    Aug 15, 2012. 08:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Future For Dell: It's Getting Pretty Hot In Texas [View article]
    I totally share your view. I'm long DELL as well. I believe when corporations start buying technology again, DELL stock is going to grow fast http://bit.ly/OlGfNt
    Jul 18, 2012. 02:40 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Proof That Forever Investing Can Work [View article]
    Great Article Tim... this is how the stock market should work. The stock market was created to build companies not the trading machines we have now making (or loosing most of the time) millions when a penny moves up or down. Indeed investment could be forever.
    Jul 9, 2012. 08:27 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Fate Could Be Very Similar To Microsoft's [View article]
    Two of the latest APPL products are just babies and they are growing fast. Check here how while the product cycle of iPods is trendung down iPhones and iPads are just exploding in sales. http://bit.ly/Jyl72Q
    May 25, 2012. 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Burning Questions About Facebook's IPO [View article]
    Facebook is completely over value from every point of view http://bit.ly/KGULzk best thing to do now is to avoid it.
    May 21, 2012. 07:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Don't Have To Be Brilliant To Do Well In The Stock Market, Just Don't Be Stupid [View article]
    You can read my article about Apple here. http://goo.gl/oQfMq I hope it helps to understand the company a little better.
    May 13, 2012. 08:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Ready To Soar On Lumia 900 Success [View article]
    I totally agree with Obvio, just last year AAPL sold more than 72M Iphones, you can see the sales of APPL products by unit here http://bit.ly/IE5VkK. That compared with 2M Lumia phones sold is insignificant. To compete on this category Nokia should be selling at least 10M smart phones per quarter. That's the reality.
    Apr 24, 2012. 08:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I reviewed some of the memos written by Howard Marks, great source of information. I found them incredible, thanks for this great reference.
    Apr 2, 2012. 09:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sectors And The Business Cycle: A Primer [View article]
    Great article Bob, mandatory reference for me moving forward, this is the kind of articles I really love.
    Mar 30, 2012. 10:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    American Express AXP has a much lower PE but MasterCard MC has a much better market position. I personally own both, as I said in the article this industry is one of the ones that will change for good in the next decade. Not only because more people will use debit, credit and prepaid cards but also because they will be the biggest players in the mobile payment industry. Here you can download a nice report from the mobile world congress 2012 called "15 Ways Mobile Will Change Our Lives" http://bit.ly/GWeeEE Where you can see how virtual wallets and mobile payments will be part of our daily lives in the near future. Visa and MasterCard will rule that industry for sure.
    Mar 27, 2012. 09:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    This was just a example of some companies with competitive advantages and huge barriers of entry. Warren Buffett once said: If I give somebody $100 million to create a new company to compete with Coca Cola they will come back to me the next day and will tell me it is not possible. But like Coca Cola, Pepsi, MasterCard or Visa you can find many companies in the stock market with similar competitive advantages and barriers of entry
    Mar 27, 2012. 08:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment