Aaron Murdock

View Aaron Murdock's Comments BY TICKER:
  • J.C. Penney: Why It Can Go To $18+ Per Share And Is Good For At Least A Trade [View article]
    There is reason to believe the company could be turned around. However the only reason I see to buy it now is for a short squeeze based on some unpredictable good news. This is the only reason I have options on the stock. I think the company is moving much to slow to turn the business around right now and the value of the equity in JCP will likely go to zero or very close too that level before the turnaround happens.
    Oct 3, 2013. 02:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cost Savings Drive Quiksilver's Earnings Beat [View article]
    Thanks for you comments, glad you liked it.
    Sep 9, 2013. 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems' Earnings Looked Good To The Shorts [View article]
    Thank your for your comments.

Some businesses might want one, but do you really thing 3D printing will ever displace injection molding for manufacturing.
    Mar 4, 2013. 01:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems' Earnings Looked Good To The Shorts [View article]
    Thank you so much for your comments.

Comparing 3D to 2D printing is like apples to oranges. You might want a cheap 3D printer to make repair parts around your house, or just to make toys for whatever reason. It is nothing like printing a document.

That is part of my problem with 3D systems is that they are putting so much into this low end market. I don't think average people like you and me want to buy one of these things for hundreds or thousands of dollars.
    Mar 4, 2013. 01:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking Into Parker Drilling's Earnings Miss [View article]
    Thanks for you comments.

I defiantly understand how painful getting hit like that is, but I am glad you got out quick.
    Mar 2, 2013. 12:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems' Earnings Looked Good To The Shorts [View article]
    Well my guess of future earnings growth doesn't impact the consensus PEG ratio.

How the technology really revolutionary? It does great things and has many uses. But improved prototyping isn't changing the world. And 3D printing in prototyping has been around for years. Any sizable manufacturing operation isn't going to move from injection modeling to 3D printing. I believe the market for 3D printing is prototyping, making repair parts, and custom creation of tools or medical devices.
    Feb 26, 2013. 04:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems' Earnings Looked Good To The Shorts [View article]
    Thanks for the information.

I will look into it for sure.
    Feb 26, 2013. 02:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems' Earnings Looked Good To The Shorts [View article]
    Thanks for your comments.

I would say it is the forward growth rate that matters. Do are you think the CAGR of net income will be 45% over the next five years. Then 32 is not a bad forward P/E. But I would say earnings growth might be more like 20 or 25%, and then 32 is maybe on the high side of average.
    Feb 26, 2013. 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems' Earnings Looked Good To The Shorts [View article]
    Thanks for your kind comments.
    Feb 26, 2013. 02:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cheniere Reports Earnings And Progress On Sabine Pass Facility [View article]
    Thanks for your comments.

I will have to read their report, Credit Suisse normally puts out fairly high quality research.
    Feb 26, 2013. 02:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cheniere Reports Earnings And Progress On Sabine Pass Facility [View article]
    Thanks for your comments.

I think the reason LNG has doubled and CQP has done nothing is two part, some of the positive developments only effect LNG and CQP pays a divided, LNG doesn't.

Why you have preferred CQP? And why haven't you stuck with it?
    Feb 26, 2013. 01:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cheniere Reports Earnings And Progress On Sabine Pass Facility [View article]
    When at Sabine Pass they have purchases agreements for almost 100%. The guaranteed amount on those agreements is at a discount to current prices, but still should be profitable. The risk in large part of those agreements is low.

Prices fall, run of the exits. No there is still a good business the contracts in place help, and there would still be profit even with some downside in prices. Plus as the run hopefully efficiency would drive costs down. Right now they are planning on $3 per mmbtu for the liquefaction process.
    Feb 26, 2013. 01:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cheniere Reports Earnings And Progress On Sabine Pass Facility [View article]
    Thanks for your comments.

Likely would have had more people on board two weeks ago when everything only went up.
    Feb 26, 2013. 01:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cheniere Reports Earnings And Progress On Sabine Pass Facility [View article]
    Thank you for your comments.

I would say a dividend would be up to the board, but I wouldn't hold your breath on LNG paying a dividend even after the exports start. They will have significant demands for the cash for sometime into the future and if exporting LNG really ends up being the license to print money they say it is why not invest into expanding operations.

I believe LNG could be the better long term play, in part because 100% of the Corpus Christi is owned by LNG. However the more efficient tax structure of the LP also makes sense. However your own tax situation also effects this.

So I guess in summary if I only bought one and had a long term time horizon it would be LNG.
    Feb 26, 2013. 01:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Betting Against Michael Dell [View article]
    Yes, I would agree with you that if you held Dell shares before the buyout offer and you think it is a fair price why not sell now. There is a fair bit of risk in holding the shares unless you believe the buyout gets done at a higher level. And even if the offer gets raised a $1 I don't think it is worth the risk if you own a hundred shares.

The biggest thing that effects the vote is what the large shareholders decide. If any large fund buys shares now they would vote against and hold out for more money.
    Feb 25, 2013. 08:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment