Abba's Aces

View Abba's Aces' Comments BY TICKER:
A, AAPL, ABT, AL, AMGN, ARCP, BAC, BIDU, BMR, C, CBRL, CINF, COP, COV, CRZO, CSCO, D, DD, DIS, DNKN, ED, EMR, ETN, F, FB, GE, GILD, GM, GOOG, GT, HAIN, HAS, HD, HIMX, IBM, JNJ, JPM, KLAC, KMB, KO, KOG, KRFT, LEA, LLL, LULU, MCD, MET, MNST, NFLX, NOV, OKE, OXY, PCLN, PEP, PFE, PG, PII, RIG, RYN, SO, T, TRV, UNP, V, WM, WSM, ZTS
  • The Importance Of Return On Equity Decomposition [View article]
    All very true statements about ROIC. I merely wanted to bring to light the ROE formula because not many people know about it. I don't believe financial companies should be evaluated using the ROE decomposition method because they are a different beast with respect to leverage ratios. I just put Ameriprise up there for an example. IBM is the reason why I actually wrote the article, they may be good for the cash flows to pay off the debt for now, but if a slowdown is coming that might be a different story.
    Nov 21, 2014. 01:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Crash Of Oil Prices Could Be The Opportunity Of The Decade [View article]
    RS, look into HP. I'm buying some today for the IRA.
    Nov 18, 2014. 10:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Has Been Rocked After Earnings, But I'm Looking To Buy! [View article]
    The former.
    Nov 17, 2014. 06:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kimberly-Clark Reported 3rd Quarter Earnings That Beat Expectations [View article]
    Hi Rich, allow me to clarify. You are right, KMB is not a true speculation play. I just divide my portfolio into Gold, Growth, Growth & Income, Dividend, Value, and Speculation. In the speculation portion I put actual speculation stocks, and whatever other "spillover" positions I have room for when the other five segments are at a full position. KMB falls into the "spillover" category because I had room in the speculation portion of the portfolio but not the others.
    Oct 26, 2014. 08:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Time To Wrap Up Some Profits In Apple? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment Michael, I'll evaluate again in a couple of weeks.
    Oct 19, 2014. 11:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is There A Relationship Between The Dividend Growth Rate And A Stock's Return? [View article]
    I believe if you try to match any attribute to stock return that your R^2 value will always be low. I recently tried to find a correlation with days held/total return... that result turned out to be about a 25% correlation. It will never be a pure function of one thing alone, but a multiple of things. If we try to find the most highly correlated attribute, then we might be onto something.
    Oct 14, 2014. 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • To Buy High-Yielding McDonald's Or Not To Buy? [View article]
    Hi sws, it is over a period of years. I just don't believe I need to be paying him perform the way I can perform by taking this conservative strategy I've laid out. I expected him to at least perform at what the market has been performing.
    Oct 14, 2014. 06:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • To Buy High-Yielding AT&T Or Not To Buy? [View article]
    The problem with owning just the ETF is that you can't pick and choose which companies to reinvest the dividends into... you only get to reinvest into the ETF.
    Oct 12, 2014. 11:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • To Buy High-Yielding AT&T Or Not To Buy? [View article]
    Yep... mutual funds. Long story short, two years ago I was pretty busy and wanted to consolidate all my accounts, so I let my advisor do it all for me... he's just charging 1%. Now that they are all consolidated and I have a bit more free time I'm going to take charge of it.
    Oct 12, 2014. 10:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • American Realty Capital Properties Yields 8% But Not In My Portfolio [View article]
    Mark, I wrote a piece on NAVI but SA hasn't gotten to it yet. Stay tuned.
    Sep 30, 2014. 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm Cool With Passing On National Oilwell Varco If Need Be [View article]
    Just a bit conflicted, I think I'll wait more towards $76.
    Sep 29, 2014. 11:52 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • These 3 Dividend Stocks Are On My Radar [View article]
    I have not considered it, but WFC looks to be the next financial I may replace. Thanks for the mention, and I'll look into TD.
    Sep 10, 2014. 11:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Selling High Growth Polaris For Kimberly Clark To Get Some Spin-Off Action [View article]
    Thanks for the compliments n7. I tend to find future spinoffs from http://bit.ly/1pJaWRI
    Sep 3, 2014. 12:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Booking Profits In Facebook And Putting Them To Work In Toll Brothers [View article]
    My brother and I were talking about Wendy's just this past weekend. I'll have to look into it.
    Sep 3, 2014. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analyzing Apple Is Tough, Owning It Is Easy [View article]
    Downgrade at Pac Crest is the most probable reason for the drop today.
    Sep 3, 2014. 10:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment