Abba's Aces

View Abba's Aces' Comments BY TICKER:
A, AAPL, ABT, AL, AMGN, BAC, BIDU, BMR, C, CBRL, CINF, COP, COV, CRZO, CSCO, D, DD, DIS, DNKN, ED, EMR, ETN, F, FB, GE, GILD, GM, GOOG, GT, HAIN, HAS, HD, HIMX, IBM, JNJ, JPM, KLAC, KO, KOG, KRFT, LEA, LLL, LULU, MET, NOV, OXY, PCLN, PEP, PFE, PG, PII, RIG, RYN, SO, T, TRV, UNP, V, WM, WSM, ZTS
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • 4 Value Dividend Stocks To Put On Your Radar [View article]
    Let me pose this question to you... when do you buy your stocks? Do you actually have a plan on buying them or do you buy them whenever you please?

I don't have an infinite amount of capital to keep buying stocks every day of the week, I have to pick and choose my spots and stocks.

Another question for you, do you like it when you buy a stock today and find that a week or two later it is trading lower by 5%? I certainly don't, and it's not like buying clothes from Macy's where you buy it one day and it goes on sale the next week that you can just go get a price adjustment for it.

That's why I've found it helpful to use technicals to pick my spots of when to buy or not. Yes I believe they are value stocks, but I believe they should be on the radar screen rather than being bought right now. I'm just saving my capital for another day.
    Jun 15 07:59 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm Taking A Bite Out Of Apple With Its Juicy Dividend, Growth And Value [View article]
    I got a mid $500 value if AAPL just went up as much as the S&P 500 during the period of January 5, 2012 till now. The S&P is up 29% in that time frame, and if you apply the rational that if AAPL just went up with the market you would get a value of $522. I believe that Wall St. just hyped up the stock way too much into the iPhone 5 release and bid it out of orbit to the $700 value, then when it failed to meet their expectations they bid it down to $385. It's only a matter of time till the noise around the real stock price is gone.
    Jul 3 04:23 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PepsiCo And Coca-Cola: What Does Their Future Hold? [View article]
    PEP doesn't really have a peer because it has a snacks business. Maybe do a comp of KO and Dr. Pepper?
    May 30 06:36 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Please Be Cautious, Apple Bulls [View article]
    I really don't feel like it is a product I'm going to rush out and get. I always carry my phone with me and don't see how the iWatch will be able to offer me anything that my iPhone doesn't already. Realistically, your watch is going to be in the same vicinity as your phone, your wrist is always near your pocket where your phone is... why not just use the phone? Only time will tell (no pun intended).
    Aug 1 12:27 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Himax Raised Its Dividend 8%, But Is It Worth A Spot In Your Portfolio? [View article]
    Everyone seems to be reading what they want to hear out of the second bullet point in the recent news section. There has been a hyperlink the whole time in the first word of that bullet point that points to a reference article. Look, the way I see it is that Google started off dating Himax last year but is kind of getting tired of her, tells her that he needs a break to figure himself out and has a fling with another company. If Google really likes his relationship with Himax he wouldn't be testing the waters with another gal. The fact that it's taken a year and Google hasn't increased it's stake in Himax makes me believe he doesn't believe in her. Who knows, Google may not like what else is out there and Himax is the girl for him, but at this point I'm just formulating my own opinion based off of what I see.
    Jun 13 04:16 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It May Be Time To Sell Out Of High-Yielding AT&T [View article]
    I also stated in this article that I would buy it normally right now too. I'm just conflicted about a contraction in earnings next year.
    Feb 13 10:40 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buying High Yielding Transocean Right Now [View article]
    harald, until I see an actual ex-date published, it is still the $2.24 dividend. You do remember back in the day in 2009 when the faithful CEOs of GE and DOW said they wouldn't cut their dividends, right? What ended up happening? They cut their dividends. Call me Thomas if you want.
    Dec 26 11:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wait For The Nelson Peltz Boost To Fade On Dupont Then Pounce On This Great Dividend Company [View article]
    "Superior-managed Monsanto" has lost 17% of your capital during the past 5 years whereas Dupont has made you 37% on your capital during the same time frame. In the last year Dupont is up 18% and Monsanto is up 7%. I look for capital appreciation along with yield.
    Aug 7 12:24 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Home Depot Will Spruce Up Your Home And Portfolio With Excellent Dividends [View article]
    "In the past year" means from 17Apr13 to 16Apr14.
    Apr 17 02:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford May Be Able To 'EcoBoost' Your Dividend Portfolio Right Now [View article]
    I'm an investor, I only speak from my perspective.
    Mar 29 11:12 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It May Be Time To Sell Out Of High-Yielding AT&T [View article]
    I believe I'm going to be in the same boat W
    Feb 13 10:41 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GE: All The Good News Is Priced In [View article]
    I've been waiting for this drop in ford... it's looking mighty appealing now to me!
    Dec 19 10:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Breakup Story: National-Oilwell Varco Is Going To Be A Breakout [View article]
    Thank you Cape! I know the div yield on this puppy is low, but I believe it is in the infancy stage of growing it. That's why I'm getting in on the ground floor.
    Dec 5 09:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Is An Inexpensive Stock With A Low Payout Ratio [View article]
    Apparently Robinson Cano thinks he is worth $305 million
    Oct 6 01:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GE's Oil & Gas Unit: Poised To Buy Dril-Quip? [View article]
    I believe DRC and DRQ are excellent growth companies that should be owned regardless of being takeover targets or not.
    Oct 4 03:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment