ABC Investments

View ABC Investments' Comments BY TICKER:
  • World's Top 6 Gold Producers: 1st Place, Barrick Gold [View article]
    I disagree. PEG ratio is taking the company's earnings growth into account, and is considered to provide a more complete picture than the P/E ratio. Even with senior producers, it gives an idea of its growth rate.
    Apr 15, 2013. 11:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World's Top 6 Gold Producers: 1st Place, Barrick Gold [View article]
    My article was written and submitted last week before the news hit. However, it is too early to tell what's involved in the Chile Government's claim that ABX's project is threatening the water supply and polluting glaciers. The Diaguitas indigenous community's lawyer said that they will have to meet "current legal standards" for ABX to go on with the project. I am suspicious about the claim so I won't go further in my comment on this. Nonetheless, since the stock plunged 6% to its December 2008 low, the stock is quite attractive.
    Apr 15, 2013. 01:07 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World's Top 6 Gold Producers: 2nd Place, Newmont Mining [View article]
    No kertch, incorrect. I didn't made that assumption.
    Apr 9, 2013. 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World's Top 6 Gold Producers: 2nd Place, Newmont Mining [View article]
    emilgiz, most of your observations are subject to interpretation. Let me explain. I don't have all the data to support your assumption when you say that "most miners are planning significant increase in production output by 2017". For debt to equity ratio of miners, the ratio is relative to how aggressive they are in developing the assets on hand. Thus, the ratio tends to decrease when a miner sees the return on investment when its projects are producing to full capacity.

It's becoming more difficult for miners to find and produce an ounce of gold. Thus, the price for an undeveloped deposit is mainly set upon the estimated amount of gold ounces and the grading for that gold. Other factors are considered, of course, such as the projected production cost to unearth every ounce of gold and the overall risk associated to political region of the said deposit.

Therefore, is it getting cheaper to buy an asset? I believe I can come up with this: on one side, the main factors said above on one side and the all-sustaining costs for an ounce to be dug out for that specific asset on the other. Then, evaluating the weight of each side sets the tone for a possible answer.

Your last statement can be summarized like this: every dollar invested must pays out more than that value plus the inflation attached to it until that dollar is returned as profit. So, if you can make profit out of each dollar on that investment, debt won't take its toll.
    Apr 9, 2013. 09:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World's Top 6 Gold Producers: 2nd Place, Newmont Mining [View article]
    I couldn't agree more.
    Apr 9, 2013. 08:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World's Top 6 Gold Producers: 2nd Place, Newmont Mining [View article]
    My pleasure Mr. Burack. Uncertainty remains strong on the stock market, which explains the recent gold price rise. Producers are in constant battle to reduce its production costs as these are the machinery of war.
    Apr 8, 2013. 01:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • World's Top 6 Gold Producers: 2nd Place, Newmont Mining [View article]
    You're welcome DuaneAllman. I hope it will help by guiding you in this fascinating market.
    Apr 8, 2013. 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New Monetary Policy: Bullish Or Bearish For The Gold Market? [View article]
    The 3rd place was published two days ago. Here's the link to the article.

Apr 7, 2013. 10:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World's Top 6 Gold Producers: 3rd Place, AngloGold Ashanti [View article]
    Thank you joabe17. The preferred shares carry the right to receive dividends equivalent to the profits (net of royalty, ongoing capital expenditure and taxation) from operations in the area. However, 2012 adjusted profit underperformed at -29% to $924M, EPS falling to $2.39 from $3.36.

Earnings hurt by strikes at its South African mines and subsequent production cuts affected the overall profit of the company but I believe it is past behind now and it shouldn't affect its preferred shares in the long term. Therefore, Anglogold should renew with its past earnings level.
    Apr 5, 2013. 10:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World's Top 6 Gold Producers: 5th Place, Goldcorp [View article]
    Confidence in the gold mining companies about generating sufficient gold to sustain its growth seems to have plagued them. However, I believe now is the time to invest in gold stocks at discount prices since the price of gold seems to be holding around 1,600$/ounce. For now, there is some political issues regarding mining industry in Mongolia, thereby I wouldn't make a move anytime soon.
    Apr 4, 2013. 08:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World's Top 6 Gold Producers: 4th Place, Kinross Gold [View article]
    I don't own any position right now but I plan to get into it for its common stock investment. However, acting as hedging is nonetheless a plus.
    Apr 1, 2013. 04:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World's Top 6 Gold Producers: 5th Place, Goldcorp [View article]
    I believe this shouldn't be a major issue for Pueblo Viejo and GG in the long run.
    Mar 28, 2013. 01:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • World's Top 6 Gold Producers: 5th Place, Goldcorp [View article]
    Everyone can take whatever need be. Some needs more, some needs less. That's what makes our world so interesting, and the gold market as well ;)
    Mar 26, 2013. 10:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World's Top 6 Gold Producers: 5th Place, Goldcorp [View article]
    My pleasure sugarbushbuck. I encourage you to read my article introducing this series: http://seekingalpha.co...

You should find there the answers to your questions and more.

My guess would be that gold producers would hold its ground for the reasons explained in my intro article.
    Mar 26, 2013. 07:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • World's Top 6 Gold Producers: 5th Place, Goldcorp [View article]
    I agree that GG has a strong pedigree. The company has social partnerships programs under which they observe specific "rules" to do business in foreign countries. Is it socially responsible ? In poor countries, big mining companies can afford to offer the villagers to relocate them in a better area with better infrastructure and offer them jobs.

As for GG's PE ratio, YCharts offers real-time data at the time of writing. Financial websites often update data over a period of time, a few days to a week. In conclusion, GG has strong financials but in my opinion, as you will see in further articles, some producers are better well-positioned but remember that being in the top six is a feat by itself, and the disparity between being 5th or 2nd isn't big. Nonetheless, GG is a great asset in any portfolio.
    Mar 26, 2013. 07:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment