Abu Bakr Hussain

View Abu Bakr Hussain's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Neonode Is A Strong Buy: Invest In Groundbreaking Patented Technology For Just $5 A Share [View article]
    Looking through NEON's financial returns, it is hard to see when this growth will magically appear. There's a steady drum beat of articles and press releases touting the impending arrival of a massive uptick. An uptick which is always just around the corner, but never seems to appear.
    The company has had $3.5 million in revenues in the last 4 quarters, it has a negative EPS.. and it's worth $200million.
    Something is off there. Perhaps it might be better to wait and see. If there's an opportunity here, great, let's see evidence, not conjecture. Evidence in the form of increased revenues. Better to wait till then.
    Apr 6 07:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Valuable Points [View instapost]
    We are really drug developers and our focus is probably to take these to NDA approval and then seek marketing partners… or you know, a marketing deal. We think if you take it that far, you can often get very favourable economics, even 50/50 economics. We do, in order to get a good partnership, we have to do a lot of work, to show them a package, to show them we understand there is traction here. We’ve done a lot of work to reach out to Managed Care companies, and other companies, to survey the market and target product profiles and things like that. So we’re very comfortable, that particularly for fibromyalgia which we’ve done the most work on that this is something that Managed Care will be interested in reimbursing. I think in terms generally, these markets are basically primary care markets. I think they would start with specialists, in the case of fibromyalgia, it’s either a rheumatologist or a psychiatrist. In the case of PTSD it’s a psychiatrist. In the case of tension headache it may be a neurologist or a head ache expert. But then quickly after that, I think that they would be refilled for sure by primary care doctors. So that’s the kind of undertaking that we don’t intend to undertake as a company and I think there’s a lot of big Pharma companies by and large are not doing a lot of internal development of drugs for the Central Nervous System, so we feel that in terms of having these products with long patent lives that it’s a sellers’ market. They certainly have the infrastructure to take drugs out into primary care and into market and to CNS specialists. So we feel we’ll be in a good position to get favourable economics in a marketing deal.
    Apr 1 11:21 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Valuable Points [View instapost]
    I'm on it, give me a few min
    Apr 1 11:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Honda Has Value, But Investors Should Be Cautious [View article]
    I'm a big Honda fan here in the UK and am currently on my 4th Honda (new Honda Civic) so just to give a bit of insight into the UK market. Generally speaking, while Honda retains its cachet for reliability, there are currently other manufacturers making waves here, especially Kia and Hyundai. As a response, the Swindon, UK plant (primary manufacturer for Euro-spec Civics), has downgraded from 3 shifts to 2. While I love the car, I don't think it has caught on, or will catch on. The Jazz is doing okay and the Accord is doing reasonable. Basically the perception is in the UK that the Honda brand is currently just generating stable revenues.
    I don't see this changing anytime soon, perhaps the new Civic Type R in 2015 will help re-invigorate the brand. I don't know when the Accord refresh is due though.
    Mar 28 07:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MannKind: The Gambler's Creed - Let It Ride [View article]
    Ad hominem attacks are unfortunately part and parcel for writing on Seeking Alpha. If someone writes a bullish piece, it's "amazing article", if someone writes something critical, it's personal attacks mainly. Very, very rarely do writers actually get constructive rebuttals... Actually wait, I take that back. There is probably an inverse relationship between the utility of a bearish article and the amount of constructive rebuttals.
    Scrying Biotech's articles are intensely useful. They may not agree with your position, but they are useful.
    Mar 14 02:33 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Will Subconscious Issues Influence FDA AdCom Voting On Afrezza? [View article]
    I added more to $MNKD here ($5.72). Seemed like a nice spot for a trading position.
    Mar 6 02:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Thank You For Riding The MannKind Catalyst Train - Please Exit Safely At The Next Available Station [View article]
    Scrying - Well I always wait for your articles as they're such a pleasure to read. Imagine my surprise when you had selected MNKD as your next target with a bearish bias! Last time I saw a well written bearish article, i sold my MNKD position (enhydrisPE's), and rebought at $4.91. So ironically that did make me a paper profit. However, while your article is very well argued, i won't sell just yet. However, if we do get to $7 pre adcom, I'm selling.. No need to ride through this binary event, and well, i'd rather take 40% near guaranteed profits ($4.91 rising up to $7 I think is quite likely), than take a massive risk on binary events.

By the way, If I may ask, what is your current thinking on NKTR? I'm still ruminating on it after your article on the topic. I missed buying when it fell to $12, but may do so if it revisits those levels (which I think is more probable than not over the next few months).
    Feb 27 01:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • When Is Tesla Going To $1000? [View article]
    $1000? Tesla's clearly going to Eleventy Gigabillion!
    Feb 27 12:31 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft: Set To Make A U-Turn [View article]
    Hi Diablo - hope you're well! I'm still a very regular Seeking Alpha reader, I just don't write anymore due to employer contract.
    Feb 20 04:30 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook buying WhatsApp [View news story]
    Wow - the mind boggles at that price.
    Feb 19 05:11 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors beats by $0.12, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Instead of saying GAAP, perhaps we should go back to writing "Generally accepted accounting principles" - that way, retail investors appreciate that they're generally accepted accounting principles for a reason.. and Non-gaap, are exactly what they mean, not generally accepted principles!
    Feb 19 05:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors beats by $0.12, beats on revenue [View news story]
    GAAP loss of -$0.13 cents per share. Slightly surprised analysts are giving estimates now of non-gaap income but GAAP revenues
    Feb 19 05:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft: Set To Make A U-Turn [View article]
    ...Just to set the record straight -
    1) Microsoft is about to acquire Nokia's handsets division (D&S)
    2) Microsoft & Nokia can not cooperate in the manner they used to prior to the deal being agreed for legal reasons alone. Any close cooperation would signify collusion.
    3) Nokia had a backup plan for Android phones as its original deal with Microsoft to exclusively use Windows Phone expired in February (off the top of my head).
    4) Due to 2), Nokia effectively has to go through with its plans to launch an Android phone.
    5) Once Microsoft fully acquires Nokia's handsets division, well - it can do as it wants. However I see no "U-turn" here from the facts presented.
    Feb 19 10:45 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Deeper Look At The Galena Biopharma Controversy [View article]
    Nice article thank you. I did consider $GALE a few months ago when it was in the $2s. I thought (at the time), the bullish argument had a lot of merit. What got me though was your final paragraph, I saw the completion of the Neuvax trial to be so far off in the distance, I would have a year (plus) to do DD and could pick an entry point any time I liked.
    I therefore held off and went with $ENTA instead at $19.66. A solid, well run company with existing partnerships in place. There was a time when Enta was up 50% and Gale up 300%, I thought I was being an idiot. I still was to the extent I missed out on some very good profits..
    But why take risks when with thousands of stocks out there, there are lots of near home runs, just waiting to be bought?
    Feb 14 10:07 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oramed Oral Insulin Vs Mannkind Afrezza Which Drug Will Be Clear Winner ? [View instapost]
    Good article, thanks for taking the time to write this. Shame it wasn't published. I personally found it very informative.
    Feb 6 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment