Abu Bakr Hussain

View Abu Bakr Hussain's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Microsoft: Set To Make A U-Turn [View article]
    Hi Diablo - hope you're well! I'm still a very regular Seeking Alpha reader, I just don't write anymore due to employer contract.
    Feb 20, 2014. 04:30 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook buying WhatsApp [View news story]
    Wow - the mind boggles at that price.
    Feb 19, 2014. 05:11 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors beats by $0.12, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Instead of saying GAAP, perhaps we should go back to writing "Generally accepted accounting principles" - that way, retail investors appreciate that they're generally accepted accounting principles for a reason.. and Non-gaap, are exactly what they mean, not generally accepted principles!
    Feb 19, 2014. 05:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors beats by $0.12, beats on revenue [View news story]
    GAAP loss of -$0.13 cents per share. Slightly surprised analysts are giving estimates now of non-gaap income but GAAP revenues
    Feb 19, 2014. 05:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft: Set To Make A U-Turn [View article]
    ...Just to set the record straight -
    1) Microsoft is about to acquire Nokia's handsets division (D&S)
    2) Microsoft & Nokia can not cooperate in the manner they used to prior to the deal being agreed for legal reasons alone. Any close cooperation would signify collusion.
    3) Nokia had a backup plan for Android phones as its original deal with Microsoft to exclusively use Windows Phone expired in February (off the top of my head).
    4) Due to 2), Nokia effectively has to go through with its plans to launch an Android phone.
    5) Once Microsoft fully acquires Nokia's handsets division, well - it can do as it wants. However I see no "U-turn" here from the facts presented.
    Feb 19, 2014. 10:45 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Deeper Look At The Galena Biopharma Controversy [View article]
    Nice article thank you. I did consider $GALE a few months ago when it was in the $2s. I thought (at the time), the bullish argument had a lot of merit. What got me though was your final paragraph, I saw the completion of the Neuvax trial to be so far off in the distance, I would have a year (plus) to do DD and could pick an entry point any time I liked.
    I therefore held off and went with $ENTA instead at $19.66. A solid, well run company with existing partnerships in place. There was a time when Enta was up 50% and Gale up 300%, I thought I was being an idiot. I still was to the extent I missed out on some very good profits..
    But why take risks when with thousands of stocks out there, there are lots of near home runs, just waiting to be bought?
    Feb 14, 2014. 10:07 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oramed Oral Insulin Vs Mannkind Afrezza Which Drug Will Be Clear Winner ? [View instapost]
    Good article, thanks for taking the time to write this. Shame it wasn't published. I personally found it very informative.
    Feb 6, 2014. 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why MannKind Is My 2014 Short Pick In Healthcare [View article]
    NewTampa - Thank you for your reply. I always like to see strong articles disagreeing with "my" views, in this case being long MNKD. It's always easier to judge the merits of one's position by reading such articles and reading the comments below. I think that on that level, this article succeeds well. It raises doubts, and commenters are countering those.
    Jan 19, 2014. 03:46 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why MannKind Is My 2014 Short Pick In Healthcare [View article]
    ...so you read most of the article then? What did you think of it up to that point?
    I am long MNKD but the writer makes a very good case, definitely "Seeking Alpha".
    Jan 17, 2014. 02:14 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Do You Fake 7 Of 16 Five-Year Glioblastoma Survivors? [View article]
    The money lost is gone. Now i/we need to figure out ASAP if holding at $1.30 (if current levels hold), is worth it or not. I can't trade AH, but need to figure out if I need to sell tomorrow or not.
    Dec 11, 2013. 04:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Northwest Biotherapeutics Poses Onyx Like Potential [View article]
    Well - their high burn rate, never ending trial and continuous stock dilutions mean I wouldn't invest in this company. The fact that another dilution has been announced shortly after a strong run-up means something. One can draw their own conclusions from that.
    However, at least the management team are making a fair amount of money, so there are at least some winners to this.
    Nov 20, 2013. 08:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Elon Musk defends Tesla as feds start probe [View news story]
    I am now curious as to what would happen to a Tesla struck by lightning. A free recharge?
    Nokia managed to use a lightning bolt to recharge the L925. So..
    Nov 19, 2013. 08:21 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investments On Biotech's Cutting Edge: Joseph Pantginis [View article]
    Excellent informative interview and article thank you
    Nov 19, 2013. 05:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Immunotherapy Company You Never Saw Coming: Advaxis CSO Interview [View article]
    I just want to second this. A great article and thank you for putting this together.
    Nov 17, 2013. 03:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Do You Fake 7 Of 16 Five-Year Glioblastoma Survivors? [View article]
    Thanks for this article Joe, judging by the initial SP action today, it may already be having a positive effect.
    Nov 13, 2013. 10:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment