Abu Bakr Hussain

View Abu Bakr Hussain's Comments BY TICKER:
  • SolarCity: Stocks Can Go Up For The Weirdest Reasons [View article]
    Interesting comments Jijo and duc thank you. I too am a novice investor. I think there is a trick to this market, and that is to "go for it". I have seen Tesla, SCTY and AMZN rise and rise.. and as they did so, I have read Paulo's articles with great interest and for the most part have accepted the arguments he made.
    Do I think Tesla is overvalued? Yes (and I did when it was half the price it is now). Same with SCTY and AMZN... but you see, because I have done that, I haven't just "let go", and invested in these bubble stocks. If I had, i would have made a bundle.

The way I see it, there are lots of different types of longs in this particular scenario.
    1. The stupid (people like me who know how limited our abilities are, so we don't take rash decisions and possibly are over-cautious, the bubble hasn't really benefited us)

2. The too stupid to know they are stupid (the people who say XYZ are the future, screw the metrics.. these people have made a lot of money) (Dunning- Kruger effect http://nyti.ms/15Pm6ZY )

3. The smart (they know its a bubble, so they're cautious, haven't benefited much either)

4. The smart and amoral longs. (they know its a bubble, they know the metrics are out of whack, but they're just going to let the market make them a mint if thats what it wants to do)

__
    So who will benefit most in the end after the bubble pops? Probably the people who started off as "2s" and ended up as "3s" as they learnt more about the market. But one thing is for sure, most people refuse to consider themselves 1's and technically its impossible to ever consider oneself a 2. And the 4s? Well, they can get caught out too when the bubble pops.
    Oct 18 05:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Or BlackBerry, Who Dies First? [View article]
    Lol AH, i'll take it, regardless ;)
    Oct 18 02:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Near-Term Catalyst Could Double Enanta's Market Cap [View article]
    Interesting article thank you. Just reading around ENTA. Surprised to see it fall to $19.00 (so far) today.
    Regarding the presentations. What are your/everyone's thoughts about what can be gleaned from their titles?
    Oct 18 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Or BlackBerry, Who Dies First? [View article]
    $7.18 just got hit StockSaints ;)
    Oct 18 10:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Taleb Versus Reality [View article]
    Well, lots of people save money, one doesn't necessarily become wildly successful because of that.
    For example, lots of people in Syria saved money, lots of people in Syria had a great deal of financial wealth. There are now 6.5 million Syrians who are no longer living in their own homes.
    Yes, saving money helps. after all, that is one of NNT's point about creating redundancy. However, having a rising financial market etc., in a stable country also helps.
    One can state all they want about how it is their own personal fortitude that made them fabulously wealthy, but, none of us chose the times and places we were born.
    Oct 15 08:34 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get Long. Get Short. BlackBerry's Value Ain't $8 [View article]
    Well no one looks forward to being rogered Loon. it's a bit like the Spanish Inquisition.
    Sep 29 01:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Elop's $25M Microsoft deal bonus creates Finnish furor [View news story]
    Now that is some divorce settlement...
    Sep 25 12:10 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Baird: BlackBerry burned through $1/share in cash in FQ2 [View news story]
    Nothing wrong with selling to them either. Essentially what happened was that young networkers in the truest sense had repurposed corporate BBRYs for their own purposes. Instead of tuning in and becoming the leader in phones in this market, BBRY just ignored them.
    Who on Earth was the Z10 for?
    Sep 20 06:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • With Or Without You Cyclacel Is Going To Rise [View article]
    Great stuff. I started tracking CYCC as soon as this article was published. I've also read all your articles now. V. impressive. You see, it doesn't actually matter what you write, how you write it, paragraph structure. All of that doesn't matter. What matters is the mind behind the words, I am in deep admiration of the calls you make. V impressive, thank you for your posts, stocktalks and comments!
    Sep 20 06:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Baird: BlackBerry burned through $1/share in cash in FQ2 [View news story]
    A PE game would rely on rumours. These are facts. Out of every 5 blackberry employees, 2 are leaving. A billion dollar write off, cash burn of $1 per share this quarter. All facts. No game here, just a sad story.
    Sep 20 06:51 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Baird: BlackBerry burned through $1/share in cash in FQ2 [View news story]
    I have to admit, I am surprised at the scale of this devastation. Having said that, Blackberry's positioning and marketing strategy has been terrible for several years now. Even as they fall into the abyss, i'm not sure they're reacting properly. One needs to make product its consumers want to buy. It doesn't matter if you make toilet cleaners, if it makes you a billion dollars, you make toilet cleaners. I think BBRY got hypnotised by the allure of trying to sell to CFOs.
    But you know who actually used to love BBRYs 2-3 years ago? Teenagers, spotty, unglamourous teenagers buying them by the bucketload. Where are the products to appeal to them? What, they have no voice? (are they not elite enough?) Well, you know what, those teenagers, who were all on Blackberrys are now buying budget Samsungs.
    Opportunity lost, and it won't come again.
    Goodbye Blackberry.
    Sep 20 06:26 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Nokia Shorts Were Right All Along, And Fatally Wrong At The Same Time [View article]
    Congratulations on your first article Seppo! I think you make some very interesting points and I would be inclined to agree. I still think Nokia could have gotten more for what they sold however. The funny thing is, even people who are happy with the sale, I'm sure would be happier if Microsoft/someone else, made a better bid.
    Sep 9 10:00 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Questions The Nokia Board Of Directors Need To Answer [View article]
    Thanks Dtails - to be honest, to gain traction on this issue. We need a lot of people raising a lot of questions. I appreciate the support this article has generated, but it's just a one-off (at present). What we all need to do really is to keep banging the drum on this. Due to work reasons, sadly I can't publish something else until at least Thursday.
    Now, regarding the people "happy with the deal". Great. Some things in life are elastic, we can go back to the way things were before, some things are plastic, they just can't go back. I don't think any of us are naive enough to believe Nokia is going to come out of this with nothing changed.
    However, even those people happy with the deal, I'm sure they'd all be even happier if Microsoft tossed another billion or so dollars onto the deal to sweeten the pie. I'm sure they could figure out a face saving way to do that. All we need to do on our side is create enough traction to get the big boys (big media/shareholders), talking about it. If that happens, anything can happen next.
    Sep 8 11:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Just How Reasonable Is A Free Amazon Smartphone? Apple Provides The Answer [View article]
    Great article as always.
    I remember the phones from 2003. Good times
    Sep 8 08:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Questions The Nokia Board Of Directors Need To Answer [View article]
    Charles - forgive me for my bluntness, but i asked questions in this article. It was beyond the scope of this to answer my own questions, especially since they are addressed to the board. It's really up to them to justify these valuations, not me. I will probably in due course address some of the various topics arising from this article. Perhaps if you can tell me why Xiaomi is worth more than Nokia, i'll have something to work with.
    Sep 7 03:41 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment