Abu Bakr Hussain

View Abu Bakr Hussain's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How Do You Fake 7 Of 16 Five-Year Glioblastoma Survivors? [View article]
    Thanks for this article Joe, judging by the initial SP action today, it may already be having a positive effect.
    Nov 13, 2013. 10:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Execs Costing Investors Billions [View article]
    Rizzi - I still think the passion in your article comes out very well. Thanks for an excellent read =)
    Nov 4, 2013. 12:25 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Path To A Conservative $500 Per Share [View article]
    Teddy, that's a really interesting argument about the company. Thanks for sharing, will definitely consider Tesla now once it drops below $50.
    Oct 29, 2013. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Path To A Conservative $500 Per Share [View article]
    “Wittgenstein's ruler: Unless you have confidence in the ruler's reliability, if you use a ruler to measure a table you may also be using the table to measure the ruler.” ―Nassim Nicholas Taleb

I am sorry friend, but this article says more about your thought processes than it does about Tesla.
    More importantly, I think this article profoundly indicates the growing weakness of the "bullish" sentiment on Tesla. After all, one does not own a stock for it to stagnate, one owns stocks for dividends or capital growth. Any non-momentum investor will be looking for evidence of growth beyond what the market has already priced in. Is it there? Not really.
    There was a time when i would have felt sorry for any retail investor who would make a loss on Tesla's impending fall from its heady valuations. I think that time has now passed, its shareholders have had enough warning.
    Oct 29, 2013. 03:30 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SolarCity: Stocks Can Go Up For The Weirdest Reasons [View article]
    Truffel - by amoral I mean neither moral or immoral - just like you said "you either buy or sell" and that's fine.
    On the other hand I, as an occasional contributor, couldn't write "Tesla is the most grossly over-valued car stock in the world right now" which essentially advises people to divest themselves of the stock, and then remain long myself. Why? Because my words wouldn't be matching my actions.
    Oct 19, 2013. 07:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SolarCity: Stocks Can Go Up For The Weirdest Reasons [View article]
    Interesting comments Jijo and duc thank you. I too am a novice investor. I think there is a trick to this market, and that is to "go for it". I have seen Tesla, SCTY and AMZN rise and rise.. and as they did so, I have read Paulo's articles with great interest and for the most part have accepted the arguments he made.
    Do I think Tesla is overvalued? Yes (and I did when it was half the price it is now). Same with SCTY and AMZN... but you see, because I have done that, I haven't just "let go", and invested in these bubble stocks. If I had, i would have made a bundle.

The way I see it, there are lots of different types of longs in this particular scenario.
    1. The stupid (people like me who know how limited our abilities are, so we don't take rash decisions and possibly are over-cautious, the bubble hasn't really benefited us)

2. The too stupid to know they are stupid (the people who say XYZ are the future, screw the metrics.. these people have made a lot of money) (Dunning- Kruger effect http://nyti.ms/15Pm6ZY )

3. The smart (they know its a bubble, so they're cautious, haven't benefited much either)

4. The smart and amoral longs. (they know its a bubble, they know the metrics are out of whack, but they're just going to let the market make them a mint if thats what it wants to do)

__
    So who will benefit most in the end after the bubble pops? Probably the people who started off as "2s" and ended up as "3s" as they learnt more about the market. But one thing is for sure, most people refuse to consider themselves 1's and technically its impossible to ever consider oneself a 2. And the 4s? Well, they can get caught out too when the bubble pops.
    Oct 18, 2013. 05:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Or BlackBerry, Who Dies First? [View article]
    Lol AH, i'll take it, regardless ;)
    Oct 18, 2013. 02:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Near-Term Catalyst Could Double Enanta's Market Cap [View article]
    Interesting article thank you. Just reading around ENTA. Surprised to see it fall to $19.00 (so far) today.
    Regarding the presentations. What are your/everyone's thoughts about what can be gleaned from their titles?
    Oct 18, 2013. 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Or BlackBerry, Who Dies First? [View article]
    $7.18 just got hit StockSaints ;)
    Oct 18, 2013. 10:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Taleb Versus Reality [View article]
    Well, lots of people save money, one doesn't necessarily become wildly successful because of that.
    For example, lots of people in Syria saved money, lots of people in Syria had a great deal of financial wealth. There are now 6.5 million Syrians who are no longer living in their own homes.
    Yes, saving money helps. after all, that is one of NNT's point about creating redundancy. However, having a rising financial market etc., in a stable country also helps.
    One can state all they want about how it is their own personal fortitude that made them fabulously wealthy, but, none of us chose the times and places we were born.
    Oct 15, 2013. 08:34 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get Long. Get Short. BlackBerry's Value Ain't $8 [View article]
    Well no one looks forward to being rogered Loon. it's a bit like the Spanish Inquisition.
    Sep 29, 2013. 01:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Elop's $25M Microsoft deal bonus creates Finnish furor [View news story]
    Now that is some divorce settlement...
    Sep 25, 2013. 12:10 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Baird: BlackBerry burned through $1/share in cash in FQ2 [View news story]
    Nothing wrong with selling to them either. Essentially what happened was that young networkers in the truest sense had repurposed corporate BBRYs for their own purposes. Instead of tuning in and becoming the leader in phones in this market, BBRY just ignored them.
    Who on Earth was the Z10 for?
    Sep 20, 2013. 06:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • With Or Without You Cyclacel Is Going To Rise [View article]
    Great stuff. I started tracking CYCC as soon as this article was published. I've also read all your articles now. V. impressive. You see, it doesn't actually matter what you write, how you write it, paragraph structure. All of that doesn't matter. What matters is the mind behind the words, I am in deep admiration of the calls you make. V impressive, thank you for your posts, stocktalks and comments!
    Sep 20, 2013. 06:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Baird: BlackBerry burned through $1/share in cash in FQ2 [View news story]
    A PE game would rely on rumours. These are facts. Out of every 5 blackberry employees, 2 are leaving. A billion dollar write off, cash burn of $1 per share this quarter. All facts. No game here, just a sad story.
    Sep 20, 2013. 06:51 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment