Abu Bakr Hussain

View Abu Bakr Hussain's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Microsoft Is Nokia's Enigma [View article]
    We even share the same initials - AH!
    Aug 2 05:09 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Promising Opportunities With Major Customers For ChipMOS [View article]
    Thank you Jaret for answering. I really appreciate it. Yes it seems that the Taiwanese have a much better understanding of ChipMOS than western-based investors. This seems like an excellent robust company and I will be looking to hang on to my shares until we get to that $30 mark. Thanks again for your article and for VI to introducing many SA readers initially to this stock.
    Aug 2 04:55 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Promising Opportunities With Major Customers For ChipMOS [View article]
    Thanks for your article Jaret - very informative and a good read.
    I have a few questions if you don't mind.
    1) How do you think market will react to its 2q13 earnings report?
    2) Do you think the Taiwan listing will affect the SP?
    3) What do you think is a "fair value" for the company?

Would be very interested in your insights. Thanks!
    Aug 2 01:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's 1999 Bubble Vision All Over Again [View article]
    Yelp is the first serious challenger to Google? Really?
    There are a few words of contention in what you've written.
    "First", "serious" and "challenger". Then again, I think you've also single handedly explained why it has such lofty valuations.
    Aug 1 07:33 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How A Beer Game Explains Nokia's Supply Chain [View article]
    Wiesje - I don't think it has anything to do with Microsoft. I think Nokia has extremely constrained cash reserves so it is being very careful on how much it builds. If we see Nokia start to build on its cash flows again, it will give it more working capital to invest in phone manufacture.. these supply constraints should then largely disappear.
    Aug 1 12:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BMW's I3 Electric Car Is No Threat To Tesla's Model S [View article]
    It is possible to be bullish about a company's future and bearish about the stock.
    The fact that many shareholders have conflated the two issues poses serious risks to their share portfolios. - Still, these are their risks to take.
    Jul 31 11:08 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Presents Upside To Those With A Stomach [View article]
    excellent article Redrut - the same day as your potash article too! I loved the statcounter vs lumia sales graph.. very insightful indeed.
    in fact i liked all of the graphs..
    I'm still astonished to see the L520 gain in search interest week on week. Nokia truly has a sleeper hit on its hands. I really hope they're working hard on its successors already.
    Jul 30 05:42 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hudson Technologies: Imminent Catalysts Could Lead To 100% Upside In 12 Months [View article]
    Thanks - so you're not just a clever name ;)!
    I love the theses. It is well reasoned and I think it will pay out very well in Hudson's favour over the long term like you indicate. I don't think this needs to be an immediate bet, but I will watch this stock very closely over the next year or so and make an investment if it looks like your theses is playing out.
    Thank you. This article is the definition of Alpha-rich for me. All the best.
    Jul 30 04:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Investors Need To Worry More About Sony And Less About BlackBerry [View article]
    Hi Jakoba - stat counter shouldn't be used to judge platforms against one another because different mobile OS's are registered differently on the system. I'd consider it more useful for measuring percentage changes of platforms themselves. Also.. while the general perception is Kantar doesn't track sales accurately, it does a damn sight better in tracking rising WP sales. I think the fact that Kantar reports use calibrated research techniques help them over Statcounter's electronically generated ones... no matter how much Statcounter refines their techniques, they still won't be analysed by people before hand with multiple sources of information.
    Jul 30 01:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chandan - Nokia also has this waterproofing technology now I believe . i was surprised the L1020 did not have it but expect it to be introduced very shortly in next flagship. It's called "P2i"..
    Jul 30 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Nokia's Lumia 1020 Sales Hurt Its Other Models? [View article]
    Diablo - invaluable doesn't have to mean I'm in agreement. Most times I am not. Back in school, debating on its own merits was always very encouraged. Our school loved the art of rhetoric.. so we would have the most outlandish debates like "is sticking pins into babies wrong?" - outwardly the answer is clearly yes.. but if the school would form two teams and force opposing sides, then one learnt how to structure arguments even if one disagreed with them....
    this isn't just a school thing either, i'm pretty sure debate on its own merits has always been a part of European culture (e.g. Abelard et al.)
    so what does all this have to do with Andreas? To me, it just reminds me a bit about these types of debates to be honest... he might have 15 points which are bearish, but each one of those points comes from an evidence-based background and needs to be countered accordingly. They cannot just be dismissed but do require a thought process. I appreciate that. I wouldn't take them personally. We are all in Nokia to make some money... that's all.
    (as much as I personally do like the company, that's as a consumer, not as a shareholder).
    Jul 30 07:49 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Nokia's Lumia 1020 Sales Hurt Its Other Models? [View article]
    Charles - interesting take thank you.
    I find Andreas' contributions to be invaluable. They always give me food for thought. I doubt very much Andreas is exerting any downward pressure on the stock, but if he was... i'd be very impressed. And thinking vainly, since i've written more articles than Andreas, I could only assume i was putting upward pressure on the stock.
    Of course, that isn't actually happening. To paraphrase Redrut - "The day a Seeking Alpha article moves a real stock, I'll eat my hat"..
    All our articles do is inform a small community of retail investors which way we think the wind is blowing. Our collective holdings between us will be smaller than a Tier 3 investment fund.

Regarding some of your other points. I am glad to see Lumia 1020 exceeding Lumia 920 interest as of present in the US. This is not the case globally and nowhere did it exceed the launch interest the Lumia 920 generated. That's fine for now, after all its only available in the US and is just a halo phone. And by halo, one can see that Lumia levels of interest in general are at all time highs, that is largely due to this phone attracting new outsider interest.. so that's excellent.
    Finally yes, there will be a new Lumia 920 successor within 6 months. I wouldn't quite describe it is a "totally new OS". That's like switching from Symbian to WP. It's more of an evolved WP8 which will also roll out to all other WP8 phones.

It's fine to be a bull. But I wouldn't want SA to become echo chambers of adulation. We all know what happened to the BBRY retail investors.. they heard the warning signs alright, they refused to believe them. Andreas and others more critical of Nokia might be "wrong", but i'd like to know what they're thinking so I can figure out if they're wrong or not.
    Jul 30 06:34 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Telefónica Puts Its Weight Behind Nokia [View article]
    WRS - It's a structural issue. WP8 is peripheral to MSFT. WP8 is central to Nokia and its revenue generation. In one of my MSFT articles I pointed out how vital it is for the company to get WP8 right otherwise it will find enterprise workers with Apple devices everywhere who will soon start demanding Mac desktops too. once that happens Microsoft would find itself crushed before it knew what hit it. WP8 is its final bulwark to protect its enterprise market. If it falls, so does MSFT.. but of course, does Microsoft truly realise this? I doubt it. I think they are moving, but not with enough urgency... so yes, I am happy that a NOK exec spoke out this week. it was needed.
    The fact that Nokia realises it is so close to the brink means that it sharpens the mind and makes them ultra committed. They are trying to change the culture at Microsoft too to have that sense of urgency, that can only be a good thing.
    Jul 29 05:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chandan - excellent article thank you.
    You are correct, there is a tendency to look at what BBRY is doing. That isn't because they are competing for the same customers. After all the "base rate" means that even if BBRY only has 50% loyalty rate, there will still be more people leaving Android at any one time than BBRY simply because more people have Android.
    Why it is an obsession is in terms of mindshare. If WP firmly establishes itself in the top 3, then it starts being taken seriously, as it is now. This is all very slow and takes many months to develop, but the more handsets Nokia sells, the bigger its profile gets and the more handsets it sells. it's a very virtuous feedback loop.
    The next step for Nokia would be to get into the top 5 handset vendors in the world. i think it should be in that league within 12 months. Yes Yes, Nokia was once number 1. But its share price was also priced accordingly then. Now it is 1/10th what it was in those heady days which leaves us shareholders the chance to make a killing. Nokia is very close to having a sharp correction upwards. it won't be this quarter but it is coming.
    Jul 29 05:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Telefónica Puts Its Weight Behind Nokia [View article]
    Great story WRS!
    Yes DC - i love that feature too. I will also be getting the "treasure tag" which will help me find my keys if I lose them. Should be good.
    Jul 29 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment