View Adam Aloisi's Articles BY TICKER:
Retirees: How To Make The Most Out Of Your Next 15 Years
- Passive dividend harvesting represents a more concrete way to fund a retirement as compared to capital drawdown.
- A comparison of two different 3% yielding stocks with differing dividend growth prospects.
- The role of satellite strategies around a core dividend growth strategy.
- The two keys for the retiree to make the most out of their retirement portfolio.
American Realty Capital Properties - 30% Total Return Potential Next Year
- ARCP continues to be mis-priced by the market.
- Red Lobster is being blown out of proportion.
- Dividend analysis and speculation on next year's dividend growth.
Are You An Alfred E. Neuman Income Investor?
- The continued challenges for today's income investor.
- Discussion of dividend growth and MPT capital drawdown.
- Maintaining portfolio balance.
- Development of income buckets.
How Higher-Yield Stocks Decrease Risk In Dividend Growth Portfolios
- Inflation and insufficient income are two risks that dividend growth investors are subject to.
- Why some dividend investors may benefit from higher-yield consideration.
- A yield simulation involving 4 dividend stocks at disparate payout points.
- Higher-yield may hedge the risks that a lower-yield DG portfolio may exhibit.
You Might Be A High Yield Sucker If...
- Most mREITs have an inconsistent dividend model that needs to be well understood by those who invest in them.
- My opinion of what constitutes a "sucker" yield.
- Examples of some other sucker yield investments and situations.
The Growing Problem For Income Investors
- Asset allocation is an important component of any investment plan.
- How much complementary growth does an income investor need?
- The not-so-necessarily mutually exclusive nature of income and growth.
- Some growth and income stock ideas.
Youthful Indiscretion? Dividend Growth At An Early Age
- Dividend growth is a compelling cash flow and inflation-fighting equity strategy.
- Pros and cons to dividend growth.
- Additional considerations as portfolio strategy is contemplated.
- A suggested middle-of-the-road equity allocation, with stock ideas, for the younger investor.
Just How Much REIT/mREIT Yield-Risk Should You Be Taking?
- Given the variety of yield points, REIT/mREIT payouts represent somewhat of a microcosm of the income investing universe.
- Are REITs, in general, a good buy or a "good-bye" today?
- A semi-skin-in-the-game simulation of performance between high-yielding and low-yielding REITs.
- Which group do you think will prevail?
Income Investors: It's Only A Matter Of Time
- The general considerations while building an income portfolio.
- Why dividend growth might serve as the keystone of an income portfolio.
- Income strategies with various capital levels.
- How dividend growth can be maximized.
Realty Income: A Textbook Study Of Opportunity Cost And Patient Income Investing
- Is Realty Income a forever stock?
- Realty Income's relationship to the bond market.
- A look at opportunity cost.
- Should you buy Realty Income today?
What, Exactly, Constitutes 'Yield Chasing'?
- "Yield chasing" has become part of today's investment vernacular.
- A look at some recent yield chases.
- A portfolio-level definition of yield chasing.
The Dividend-Growth-Devoid Income Portfolio
- Dividends do matter - but what's the best way to construct an income portfolio?
- When dividend growth works (or won't work).
- Is a high-yield portfolio wise?
- Strategy and specific stocks to get to a 7% yield point.
Think Strategically About Income During Market Volatility
- Recent volatility should be no surprise and it may continue to escalate as investors speculate on forward economic prospects.
- Why the broad market does have something to do with the performance of stocks, to an extent.
- How an income investor should manage their portfolio during volatility.
A Focused Play On MLP Distribution Growth: The C-Tracks Miller/Howard Index Linked ETN
- Midstream energy spending is predicted to be robust over the next two decades.
- A look at the differences between ETNs and ETFs/CEFs.
- The composition of the Miller/Howard MLP Fundamental Index. [MHFI].
- An analysis of MLPC, an ETN underwritten by Citigroup that seeks to track MHFI.
- A comparison between the widely held Alerian MLP Index and MHFI.
A Diversification Dissertation For Income Investors
- How income investors might view diversification a bit differently than growth investors.
- What is the optimal amount of diversification for the income investor?
- Why smaller portfolios reap the biggest marginal benefit from diversification.
Dividends Do Matter - Especially In Retirement
- Stock price growth and dividend growth, while related to earnings, are mutually exclusive investment events.
- Just because a company pays a dividend does not mean it has less earnings power than a non-paying peer.
- Dividend growth is a more concrete way to survive retirement than relying on the 4% rule.
- There is forward value to focusing on the dividend producing capability of a company.
The Rambunctious Relationship Between REITs And Rates
- REITs have collectively traded on an exact inverse basis compared to the 10-Year Treasury this year.
- Why REITs, especially triple nets with long contract terms, are so sensitive.
- Leasing & general real estate market discussion.
- Why diversifying a portfolio of REITs may be prudent strategy in today's market.
Should You Be A Buyer Of REITs Or mREITs Today?
- REITs and mREITs have rallied this year on oversold conditions and a pullback in the 10-Year.
- Examination of the various risks involved with REIT and mREIT investing.
- Should you invest in a lower, more durable stream of income, or a higher, more erratic stream?
Just How Risky Is Dividend Growth Investing?
- Income investors have gravitated to dividend growth due to its many attractive characteristics.
- Valuations and payout ratios have expanded over the past 5-10 years in many widely held DG companies.
- What is the optimum payout ratio range for a dividend growth company?.
- Starting yield point, dividend growth rate, and value awareness are key to a successful dividend growth strategy.
Just How Risky Is High-Yield Dividend Investing?
- High yield does not necessarily indicate high risk.
- The nuances of looking at high-yield equity.
- A look at some higher-yielding securities/opportunities.
The Asia Pacific Fund: Value-Driven, High Dividends, And A 10% Discount
- The Asia-Pacific Fund possesses a unique equity blend of value and high income in primarily Chinese and S. Korean companies.
- An absolute yield of 4.9% is further boosted by the fund's 10% discount.
- There are a couple of cons to be considered.
- Is the fund a buy?
American Realty Capital Properties: Digital Realty Deja Vu
- ARCP's stock is dramatically underperforming most REITs this year.
- The company's situation has become reminiscent of the debacle at Digital Realty last year.
- The market is not enthused with ARCP's wheeler-dealer behavior.
- Still a total return story - but now one with a crisis of confidence attached to it.
Income Challenge Series: General Electric Vs. Procter & Gamble
- Equity-Income investors have plenty of choices in today's market - they need to thoroughly vet options.
- The point of the Income Challenge Series.
- An analysis of GE and PG.
Are You Pressing Your Luck With mREITs?
- Stocks have rallied and discounts have narrowed.
- Past and future interest rate effects.
- Stocks to consider.
American Realty Capital Vs. Realty Income: Will The Real REIT Please Stand Up!
- While owning similar assets, O and ARCP are a current study in contrasts.
- ARCP - The obnoxious "Wheeler-Dealer".
- O - The quiet kid in the corner.
- Why investors might consider one or both companies for their portfolios.
Retirees: Carefully Traversing The Income Balance Beam
- Low yields from both stocks and bonds have created a challenging income investment environment.
- Creating a personal portfolio balance won't eliminate risk, but should mitigate it.
- Defining, finding and building your balanced portfolio.
Where Are Today's Doorbusting CEF Discounts?
- Many CEFs have seen discounts compress this year.
- Discussion of the CEF discount/premium mechanism.
- Rationale for the appearance and disappearance of discounts.
- Some of today's doorbusters.
Is It Time To Batten Down Your REIT Hatches?
- REIT investors should be cognizant of the prospect for higher interest rates.
- Positing optimistic and pessimistic forward REIT scenarios.
- Near-term strategy.
- A look at ARCP's numbers and valuation spread versus Realty Income.
Do Dividends Lower Total Return?
- Dividends theoretically hold back stock prices over time.
- Dividends are a way to periodically lock in profits.
- There's no reason to believe that a dividend, per se, holds back total return.
Retirees: Is Dividend Growth Alone Enough?
- ZIRP and longer life expectancy are obstacles to retired investors having to stretch their cash stash.
- Dividend growth is a great core strategy for retirees.
- High-yield equity and bonds are worthwhile satellite strategies.
- Diversified and layered assets generate the most secure of income streams.
Is There One REIT Every Investor Should Own?
- REITs are up nicely this year on an interest rate pullback.
- The optimal amount of REITs to own.
- Thinking strategically about REITs to buy.
Waiting For The Correction That Might Never Occur
- Popular consensus sees an upcoming correction in stocks.
- There appears reason for the recent gravitation to stocks.
- What would catalyze a correction?
- Portfolio strategy and stocks to buy in uncertain times.