Adam Aloisi

View Adam Aloisi's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Retirees: How To Make The Most Out Of Your Next 15 Years [View article]
    Dennis: Elder law is a huge business in this country. I suppose elder finance should be just as big. I think your thought of someone penning an article that looks at when and how to transition a portfolio that requires little tinkering and hopefully an all weather positioning is a good one. I suspect some retirees reading articles here at SA wonder whether they should be partaking in an active strategy with individual equities such as DGI

Presumably as you say ETFs, funds, and or other securities that require little monitoring would be part of the loop. I would opine bonds and perhaps some of the generally controversial insurance products (annuities) might be part of the discussion as well. While asset allocation is my strong suit, when we start discussion of annuities, well that is somewhat beyond my core competence. Thus I'm not sure I'm the one to write that article.
    Oct 12, 2014. 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Profitable Bond Trade That Can Be Repeated [View article]
    Hi Michael: I understand aversion to the banking group, although arguably a "too big too fail" mentality from the govt. places some of the big banks a notch below Treasuries on the credit scale.

Still, if you look at the "BBB area," you can find a plethora of industries with wide-moats and RR-like fundamentals. While perhaps not quite as mission critical, I think sector/issuer diversity within the confines of a bond portfolio is important as well.

Thanks for your response, Adam
    Oct 11, 2014. 12:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Profitable Bond Trade That Can Be Repeated [View article]
    Michael, Nice to hear thoughts on bonds and I think you offer some good advice. Curious as to why you have the entire bond position concentrated in RR's. While I suppose the risk is low, a black swan event could hurt the portfolio. Why not four 2.5% positions spread amongst 4 different industries?
    Oct 11, 2014. 10:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking For Some Net Lease REIT Bargains You May Be Missing? [View article]
    Bruce, take a look at slide #12 on this presentation. http://bit.ly/1sx7M3P
    It shows property state diversity, not city, but helpful nonetheless. Most REITs present this information to investors through presentations on their web sites. You have to dig a bit, but it's typically there.

Regards, Adam
    Oct 11, 2014. 06:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking For Some Net Lease REIT Bargains You May Be Missing? [View article]
    I'm guessing the not-so-robust growth is the market's big bugaboo with LXP. They backed out of a pending deal last Q that would have grown FFO by a nickel I think. Still, I agree it looks really cheap right now. But with tax selling around the corner and a lot of overhead supply LXP, like ARCP rebound hopes are a 2015 story.
    Oct 10, 2014. 06:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking For Some Net Lease REIT Bargains You May Be Missing? [View article]
    NS: I remembered Eglin saying something that was disappointing to me RE: dividend on the last call. Looking back at the transcript he said:

<<So there maybe another discussion around the dividend later in the year but honestly with a 6.3% dividend yield right now we think investors are being pretty well compensated.>>

In all fairness, the divvy is up 13% this year on the two increases, so I wouldn't necessarily expect much more... perhaps others were.
    Oct 10, 2014. 12:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking For Some Net Lease REIT Bargains You May Be Missing? [View article]
    NS: I would think if anything, a low payout ratio would be reason to provide a premium - knowing that divvy growth is possible with or without FFO growth. But as we know, short-term markets are known to be rather illogical.
    Oct 10, 2014. 10:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirees: How To Make The Most Out Of Your Next 15 Years [View article]
    Ha. Now he's a lowly U.S. Senator LOL
    Oct 10, 2014. 10:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirees: How To Make The Most Out Of Your Next 15 Years [View article]
    David, it just seems simpler to me to have a thought-through cash flow strategy in place rather than scrutinizing which position(s) to "create" the dividend from.
    Oct 10, 2014. 10:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • American Realty Capital Properties - 30% Total Return Potential Next Year [View article]
    wald.. as IMPLIED in my article, ARCP going lower as the year draws to a close is a distinct possibility. How low? I'm not going to guess, but there's a storm of negativity here. Mgmt., RL, Cole, rates, and your technical observations. On a fundamental level, a dividend cut, opined above, or some black swan event, is getting priced in, in my opinion. Still, even if they cut 20%, an unlikely near-term outcome in my view. The stock still yields 7%, with a high quality, diversified portfolio (outside RL). O yields 5.2 percent.

Kay unequivocally said the dividend is covered at the end of the Cole CC. Will he live to regret that statement and become another Jeff Immelt? Time will tell.
    Oct 10, 2014. 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking For Some Net Lease REIT Bargains You May Be Missing? [View article]
    Hi Brad: liked this write-up. I think part of the reason the market is valuing both LXP and CSG where they are is lack of confidence in mgmt. and FFO growth - cheap for a reason as it were. LXP appears to have some back end BTS stuff as you mentioned coming online soon, so maybe they'll be able to push the needle further than expected. The low payout is certainly another reason to like LXP. Eventually if they get cheap enough, someone with the currency to do an accretive deal will come in here to buy the assets. Long LXP

Best, Adam
    Oct 10, 2014. 09:00 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirees: How To Make The Most Out Of Your Next 15 Years [View article]
    There's certainly some widely-helds in there Robert. Maybe I should have said a "preponderance" of DG stocks sit in the 2-4 range? Thanks for the list.
    Oct 9, 2014. 04:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirees: How To Make The Most Out Of Your Next 15 Years [View article]
    Eye: thanks for posting. The obvious limitation of DG is that the typical stock yields in the 2-4% range currently. For some with healthy nest eggs, that may be enough to live off of, others it may not. It sounds like you have a hybrid of DG and drawdown, with a large fixed-income position. If you are living off a 3% drawdown, that sounds good. Sleeping well at night no matter your allocation solution is high on the list of priorities.

Regards, Adam
    Oct 9, 2014. 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirees: How To Make The Most Out Of Your Next 15 Years [View article]
    Oh wow, I didnt know you were an Illinois boy. The land of Rostenkowski, Blegojovich, Daley, amongst others. I don't think Durbin ever got in trouble, did he? I forgot Jesse Jackson!
    Oct 9, 2014. 02:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirees: How To Make The Most Out Of Your Next 15 Years [View article]
    jgrever.. glad to be of service. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Regards, Adam