Adam Gefvert, CFA

View Adam Gefvert, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Vimicro Investors Hold A Worthless Bag [View article]
    Good article. I'm bearish on VIMC but I don't believe it's a zero. Check out my instablog from 10/7:

While the company has done many shady things, I do think that with its government connections, they will get some business. Video surveillance is a booming industry in China.

I put the value of VIMC somewhere between $4-$5, but it could stay overvalued for awhile, around the $6 range.
    Dec 8, 2014. 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Viggle: Broken Business Model, Questionable Governance And Looming Capital Deficiency All Offer Substantial Downside [View article]
    On Interactive Brokers the borrow rate is only about 7.5%. That makes it a good long term short for me. I'm not sure why the rate is this low, maybe that means there isn't a lot of demand to short it yet, and that might increase as more traders accumulate short positions.
    Nov 29, 2014. 03:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jeremy,

Sillerman isn't buying common stock on the open market. He's issuing debt and buying preferred stock. That doesn't help shareholders, it just puts them in a deeper hole and makes it harder for the company to ever turn a profit.
    Nov 29, 2014. 02:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It's all relative. TWTR has a lot of cash and revenues compared to its losses. VGGL loss was about 3x its revenues, and it's out of cash. Revenues for VGGL would have to increase about 10x to break even. Until then, losses will continue to be massive, as well as dilution. I also think TWTR has a much better business model. You think having to watch TV for 200 hours to get a $5 Starbux gift card is a good model?
    Nov 28, 2014. 07:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This pop today is a gift for everyone to take a short position. This company loses an incredible amount of money, just look at the income statement:

Nov 26, 2014. 08:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Digital Ally's Video Management Website Is Non-Operational [View instapost]
    Yes, I see vuvault.net is working right now, although its just a login page. I didn't speak to management, I wanted to get the report out before the earnings call.
    Nov 16, 2014. 10:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sky-mobi Is Dominating China's Low-Cost Smartphone App Market [View article]
    They dump shares secretly, 144 filings.
    Oct 16, 2014. 12:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sky-mobi Is Dominating China's Low-Cost Smartphone App Market [View article]
    I think MOBI is undervalued, but I don't like the massive insider selling that's going on. Definitely makes you suspicious.
    Oct 15, 2014. 07:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Citizens Life Insurance A House Of Cards? Strong Sell [View article]
    South America is very chaotic right now in multiple countries, Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, etc.. I wouldn't be invested in an insurance company located down there.
    Oct 13, 2014. 12:25 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vimicro: Numerous Red Flags Make This A Strong Sell [View article]
    Good article. I have more info in my article here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Oct 8, 2014. 10:01 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vimicro's Government Connections Don't Make Up For An Inferior Camera [View instapost]
    Thanks for your comment ebytetech.

In regards to #2, I forgot to include management compensation. I just edited the article and included it at the end. Management has been paying themselves over 6% of the market cap every year since 2011. They are paying themselves well.

#4 VIMC is just getting a couple small sales here and there from its government connnections in 2 provinces. It has not amounted to very much compared to its current market cap.
    Oct 7, 2014. 12:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Holders Of Great Northern Iron Ore Will Lose 30% Of Their Money In 7 Months [View article]
    LOL, what's happening with GNI is such a cluster-fuck. I think it's just a short squeeze. There are no shares available to short, and those that have been long for this long are going to wait to get the dividend. Therefore, all that's left is buying and short covering. It would make things so much better if this stock had options.
    Sep 22, 2014. 08:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • These 4 Stocks Are Way Too Expensive [View article]
    CZR's market cap is $2B. That's a lot of money that you claim shouldn't be there. I don't know the details of the debt, but I think it's obvious that most of it is attached to its subsidiaries and the parent company won't have to pay it. Bankruptcy is common with subsidiaries in the casino business. It's a risky, shady business. Look at what happened to Donald Trump. Many of his subsidiaries, casinos, went bankrupt, but he didn't.
    Sep 22, 2014. 08:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alibaba prices IPO at $68 [View news story]
    OK, thanks Fraser.
    Sep 18, 2014. 09:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alibaba prices IPO at $68 [View news story]
    How could a 20 P/S also be 45 P/E? Something must be wrong with those numbers. It's impossible to have a 50% net margin, especially a company this big.
    Sep 18, 2014. 06:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment