Adam Gefvert, CFA

View Adam Gefvert, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Buy Portugal Telecom Right Now [View article]
    It's not a distressed security. Its operations are very profitable.
    Aug 7, 2014. 03:03 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Portugal Telecom Right Now [View article]
    Thanks, I grabbed some Paulo. Please report tomorrow on the results.
    Aug 7, 2014. 02:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cheetah Mobile: Will The Real Clean Master Please Stand Up? [View article]
    Good article. What do you think of AVG's cleaner app? It got over 100 million downloads on the Android phone.
    Aug 5, 2014. 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Lemelson Capital Further Increases Short Stake In Ligand Pharmaceuticals As EPS Plunges 76% In Q2 2014 [View article]
    This company is toast, along with ACHN. There's a new best in class breed of Hep C drugs. That's from GILD, MRK (after acquiring IDIX drug), and in December ABBV/ENTA expect to get approved for another all-oral regimen for Hep C. The current Hep C regimen will go the way of the dodo.
    Aug 4, 2014. 03:33 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Limelight Networks Is In Terminal Decline, $1.50 Price Target [View article]
    Thanks Supertradess, I try ;). Gartner recently came out with a good, extensive analysis of the CDN industry.
    Jul 24, 2014. 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why It Will Take Years For Uni-Pixel To Reach Production, If Ever, Meanwhile Executives Will Still Get Rich [View article]
    Thanks Keubiko, I try ;)
    Jul 16, 2014. 10:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I gotta say I'm very impressed with Richard Roe's analysis on this company. He really did his homework. He's generous in educating people as well, so if you have any technical questions I'd ask him. Thanks Richard. I know the technical basics, enough to see what the end result is going to be for UNXL. For those who think I'm harsh in my criticisms of management, take a look at the recent history of the company which I include in this article.
    Jul 16, 2014. 10:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FAB Universal: Glaring Contradictions In Its 2013 10-K [View article]
    What I mean, is you said the quote only pertained to "entertainment" kiosks. I said that in addition to the word "entertainment" the quote also mentions "consumer applications" which would probably include the other types of kiosks that you mention in your reply.

The stock lost 70% of its value, and has been halted for many months. It isn't just Carnes that has a problem with the company. FAB is past the point of being self righteous and "sticking to its guns". It has no power here and should do everything it can to convince the public that it isn't a fraud. Explaining exactly where all the kiosks are would be one of the easiest, most logical steps.
    Jul 14, 2014. 09:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FAB Universal: Glaring Contradictions In Its 2013 10-K [View article]
    Older, not just entertainment but: "self-service terminals that provide a range of entertainment and consumer applications". I assume "consumer applications" includes all the types that you list.

The stock has been halted for how many months now? Why couldn't the company simply list the addresses of all 3954 kiosks and end the debate right there?
    Jul 14, 2014. 12:30 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Return Of FireEye (FEYE) [View article]
    OK, that was just off the top of my head. I haven't researched the company in detail.
    Jul 13, 2014. 09:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Return Of FireEye (FEYE) [View article]
    OK, I'll give it a shot.

Lets say IT security spending is $10B by 2019. Lets say FEYE gets 5% of it for $500M in revenues. 80% gross margin would be $400M gross profit. Lets say all other expenses is another $250M, so that would total $150M in profits.

So if FEYE has 150M shares outstanding by then, that would be $1 per share profit. A PE of 10 would give it a value of $10. You can play with the numbers up or down how you wish, but this seems like a realistic scenario.
    Jul 13, 2014. 07:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • FAB Universal: Glaring Contradictions In Its 2013 10-K [View article]
    Older -

Alfred quoted from the 10-Q:
    "FAB kiosks, located in high-traffic areas of office buildings, shopping malls, retail stores and airports, are self-service terminals that provide a range of entertainment and consumer applications."

That seems pretty specific to me. If there were different kinds of kiosks, then this sentence would've started with: "some of" or "the majority of". But there has been no indication by the company that there are other kinds of kiosks.

"FAB has always developed and provided a variety of kiosk types for licensing, other than media kiosks or 5C Entertainment kiosks, and this is widely documented in FAB filings and PRs."

You provide no proof of this, Older, whereas Alfred has provided his proof.
    Jul 13, 2014. 06:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Return Of FireEye (FEYE) [View article]
    You say in your article: "IT security spending will top $7 billion by 2017"

So you think FEYE should be worth $7 billion, equal to the total amount of IT security spending?

Also, all you mention is revenues. A company is only worth the amount of profits it can eventually make. You don't even attempt to venture a guess into its future profits, because if you did, you'd see that this company is worth $10-$15 best case scenario. I don't mean to poop on your party, but I gotta speak rationally.
    Jul 13, 2014. 05:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cynk Technology: A Win-Win (Or Lose Less) Solution For Both Longs & Shorts [View article]
    This is certainly a win-win for longs and shortsellers. It would be helpful to say which online brokers allow clients to loan out their shares. I know Interactive Brokers does and splits the borrow fee with their clients, not sure about etrade, scottrade, etc.
    Jul 13, 2014. 01:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Expect A 30%+ Decline In Underperforming eLong When The Buyout Rumors Turn Out To Be False [View article]
    Thanks Jschumer.