Adam Gefvert, CFA

View Adam Gefvert, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Khosla Is Going To Rip The Rug Underneath KIOR Shareholders When It Files For Bankruptcy [View article]
    Thanks Robert, I read your article. You definitely have a good knowledge of the industry. I'm going to write more about biofuel stocks in the future.
    May 28 05:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great prediction, Robert. Where is your article, I'd like to read it.
    May 28 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I never experienced a loss, I am short at $0.55. It only briefly went above that. And I never said Khosla wouldn't pay the next tranche, I said he probably wouldn't. But now that he did, I realized that he is buying secured senior bonds. This could actually make things worse for shareholders, if KIOR is selling its assets to Khosla at firesale prices.

If I was a shareholder, I would demand to know what price Khosla is getting the assets for with his secured bonds. The company doesn't reveal that info in the filings.
    May 28 12:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Your welcome, Verge. I try ;)
    May 28 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lentuo International Related Party's Undisclosed RMB 250 Million Debt Issuance Raises Red Flag [View article]
    Interesting but what I'm asking is why is management buying $1M worth if the stock is a POS? I look at the actions of management as a tell.
    May 28 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It certainly seems shady, but your article doesn't explain why management is buying $1M worth of stock if it is overvalued, does it?
    May 28 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You On Demand Is Likely A Zero [View article]
    The stock is back to where it was when my article first came out last month. The company made $138K in revenues last quarter, even less than the previous quarter.

Yes, it's still a zero, it just takes time to get there. I don't mean to be a downer to those who bought today, but I'm keeping my price target of $1.50 by the end of the year, and $0.50 by the end of 2015.
    May 23 01:59 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Bankruptcy-Bound KiOR Fail To Receive Khosla's Expected Investment? [View article]
    Yep he did. But keep in mind it is senior secured notes and he gets warrants for some 850K shares at $0.57 apiece. The fact that they are senior secured notes mean that he is quite a bit above the stockholders in the bankruptcy food chain. I'm curious to see if Khosla is going to commit to the whole $25M, of if he has to see substantial improvement from the company or he might cut off the tranches.
    May 22 10:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Glenn, the facility isn't going anywhere. If the stockholders and junior bondholders lose out, the senior bondholders can sell the property or get it running again itself. Just because the shareholders lose doesn't mean the world will lose out on the "new energy".
    May 22 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Heraldo, I'd advise to try not to pay attention to any "agenda" I might have, and look at the facts and come to your own conclusions.
    May 21 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You On Demand Is Likely A Zero [View article]
    Word to the wise - if you're still long YOD, I'd recommend getting out now. The warrant holders, including McMahon probably, are likely panicking and selling their stock before it reaches their strike price of $1.50.
    May 20 01:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Quantum Fuel System's Business Expansion Is By Necessity, Not Choice [View article]
    So you guys are saying that QTWW is going through all this trouble, just in order to sell its tanks for more money? You guys do realize that other tank manufacturers are entering the game right? The experts I spoke with at the ACT expo met several new companies who are.

Class 8 tanks are more difficult to make than for smaller trucks, but it's not rocket science.
    May 16 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Harry, that's part of the short case, which I might not have done a good job explaining. Quantum is now competing with and pissing off its customers, to get involved in a business that will take a long time and cost a lot to ramp up. Once Quantum finally gets ramped up, n the end, it will turn out like FSYS.
    May 16 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Capstone Turbine Shareholders Have More Pain Ahead [View article]
    Thanks everyone for your comments. It's good to express both sides of the coin - that's what makes a market! I'm happy to deliver another successful article to help my readers make money, or avoid losing money.

This was a very important quarter for Capstone, and shows the company's true colors. After all the hype and excitement that Capstone has been spreading the past 6 months, they really let their shareholders down.

I'm not saying micro-turbines don't have a user base, it's good for some companies, but not those looking for maximum efficiency. In the end, Capstone is just a small company that tries to be bigger than it is. This causes continual losses and cash burn. It would be better for the company and its shareholders in the long run if it just tries to make a profit and stop trying to over-extend itself.

To respond to some of the interesting comments:

Iaki:

If you're talking about quarter over quarter:

1. Increased revenues over last 3 quarters - Not true.
    2. Reduced losses over the past 3 quarters - Not true.
    3. Improved debt/ asset ratio ( paying down debts) - Yes, but issuing shares to do it.
    4. Improved cash flow - Cash burn was about the same this last quarter as the one before it.

As far as the Walmart truck goes, the microturbine charges the electric motor which moves the truck. The microturbine isn't the power that moves the truck.
    May 8 06:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Paul Mueller Co. Is An Unknown Micro Cap That Could Triple In 2012 [View article]
    I haven't looked at it lately but I think the company still has a solid future. The PE is still so low.
    May 6 12:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment