Adam Gefvert, CFA

View Adam Gefvert, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • You'll Lose 50% Of Your Money If You Hold This Trust For The Next 3 Years [View article]
    Instead of making assumptions on his "agenda", you should disprove his specific facts. But you probably have no idea about the facts so your only rebuttal is to say he has some kind of "conspiracy agenda".
    Jul 17 09:02 AM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon iPhone Makes RIM an Ideal Short Play [View article]
    I'd have to agree with your article. However, you fail to mention the Blackberry's success internationally. Have you researched this? As emerging markets grow their businesses a lot of employees with use the Blackberry. That's an area where I can see RIMM having some growth.
    Feb 9 01:44 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InterOil: The $3.5 Billion Penny Stock [View article]
    Hey, if you don't like my articles then don't read them. It's as simple as that. Many people enjoy reading my points of view on InterOil and can understand my logic. Not everyone with a position in InterOil is long.
    Apr 15 07:14 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Baby-Boomer Stock [View article]
    When I was talking about people who fear technology, I meant mostly people above 65. They edit our articles on Seeking Alpha to make them more polished and easier to read, so sometimes things get taken out.

Please don't take the way I wrote the article to be offensive to seniors. I am just emphasizing a certain point of AAPL's dominance.
    Feb 20 07:15 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kandi Technologies: Customs Records Contradict U.S. Electric-Vehicle Sales Claims [View article]
    Is it possible the electric cars entered through a different channel than what was seen in your reports? The market doesn't seem to agree with your research as the stock is up 5%. Also, your article is very long. If your information is the truth and KNDI is a fraud, it would be more powerful if you didn't dilute it with other less important info.
    Apr 23 12:43 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Diamond Foods Director's Suicide Evokes Necessary Questions [View article]
    I do feel bad about it, but the truth hurts. And I doubt my article has that much of an impact. It's not like I'm a respected analyst or anything.
    Nov 23 12:52 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Organovo Currently Has Nothing In The Works For Tissue Implantation -- Its Main Value Driver [View article]
    If Organovo had received any more money from a pharma company, they'd instantly shout it from the rooftops.

I'm open to debate on my article. My research is sound.
    Jan 10 11:26 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silvercorp Proves It's Not A Fraud [View article]
    Mr. Wu, what inconsistent items are you referring to? I didn't see any. Name one and I'll check it out.
    Sep 8 04:04 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Baby-Boomer Stock [View article]
    Jim Gabler just posted on my blog:

"Perhaps the main reason seniors are flocking to Apple products is because of the Apple stores, the place where you can learn to use the iPhone, iPad, Mac pro, iPod. No other manufacturer provides the learning classes that are available at the Apple stores. A couple of Sunday’s ago I made an early appointment with an Apple rep to Learn an iPad task and whenI looked around in the store there were about 30 people working with assigned Apple reps and every one was at least 65 or older. Where else but at an Apple store can you find that."

Very good point. Apple makes much more of an effort to teach its customers and prospective customers how to use its products than Microsoft does. If someone is retired and has an interest in learning new things and hobbies, Apple is a good company to buy from and get involved.
    Feb 21 12:21 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Baby-Boomer Stock [View article]
    Just to clarify, what I meant was actually baby-boomers AND OLDER buy Apple products, so I just used the word "senior" to encompass the 55-80 crowd.

And I agree, I am using stereotyping and ageism in the article, and I apologize if some feel offended. Obviously not everyone older than 55 is how I depict them here, however, many are and are contributing a lot to AAPL's blowing away its competition which I felt is important information to make known. I haven't seen another finance article that mentions this point.
    Feb 20 10:15 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon iPhone Makes RIM an Ideal Short Play [View article]
    Hey, I didn't write the article, I reserve the right to make broken logical arguments! ;) To clarify, a lot of people in this country have dumped the Blackberry for the iPhone, it isn't only my friends. Also, many businesses are taking the iPhone over the Blackberry.

Thing is, his article isn't going to affect whether he makes money on his short or not, unless he covers right after he writes the article, but it's extremely unlikely that this article caused enough market manipulation to affect the stock at all. The company's financial results are what affects the stock. That's why I find it funny that people say he's writing this article so he can make money on his short position.
    Feb 11 12:07 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon iPhone Makes RIM an Ideal Short Play [View article]
    So funny how people post how the author has "ulterior" motives just because he puts his money where his mouth is. It's not like he's stuck with his positions, he can cover his short position of RIMM or sell AAPL at any time. If a poster writes an article about a stock and doesn't have any positions for or against it, then I question how much he really believes his arguments.

Anyways, so many of my friends have dumped the Blackberry for the iPhone that it continually blows my mind. I wouldn't be surprised if other countries follow suit.
    Feb 9 05:51 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Portugal Telecom Right Now [View article]
    It's not a distressed security. Its operations are very profitable.
    Aug 7 03:03 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    In case you guys were wondering what happened, Organovo contacted Seeking Alpha no less than 15 minutes after my article got published to take down that slide image that I took from its August presentation. They said it was "copyright enfringement". So we took it down and put just a link instead.
    Jan 10 12:15 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Suntech: A No-Brainer Short [View article]
    If bondholders believed in the company, they wouldn't be selling their bonds at 25 cents on the dollar.
    May 15 09:35 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment