Adam Gill

View Adam Gill's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Vringo: Court May Have Telegraphed Decision Worth 40% Of This Stock's Market Cap [View article]
    H_H,

There is definitely uncertainty, and it is painfully clear to me that the vast majority of the people debating the calculation and this case are not lawyers. That's my edge.

The answer to your question is that Part II is unambiguous and has nothing to do with infringement. What you are saying about it does not make sense.

To see if I am blind pumping, read my 3 previous articles on this stock: 2 of them have a negative lean.

Good luck to you.

Feb 26, 2013. 09:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    H_H, no offense, but the things you are saying about the verdict do not make any sense.
    Feb 26, 2013. 02:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Those pages have nothing to do with infringement.
    Feb 25, 2013. 05:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I still have no idea what you are talking about. The Court entered the Jury Verdict into the record. That is document 789, you can see it here:

Infringement by Google was asked and answered in question I.A.1 for the '420 and I.A.2. for the '664. The jury answered "YES" on every claim. They did not break it into claim elements.

If you want my comment on a particular question (or comparison of 2 questions), it would help if you identify the specific question(s) on the Jury Verdict, as I do in the above paragraph.
    Feb 25, 2013. 02:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    H_H,

I am not trying to be difficult here, but I have no idea what you are talking about. There is nothing anywhere in the verdict form that suggests that " only the 'search feedback' part of the patents were infringed," as you state. What specific question are you referring to?
    Feb 25, 2013. 01:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Speculation Isn't Inherently Bad As Part Of An Investment Strategy [View article]
    Warren? Is that you, Warren??
    Feb 25, 2013. 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you both for the kind words. Nice article, Alan, this is a good way to approach speculative stocks.
    Feb 24, 2013. 11:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo V. Google: $350+ Million That Is Not Coming Back [View article]
    The motions together comprise hundreds of pages. Tuesday was the first business day after the briefings on multiple motions were completed. Please don't take this the wrong way, but that is an unreasonable expectation. If you look at open interest in VRNG options, that will tell you what the market's view on timing is.
    Feb 22, 2013. 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Alan, calling a future outcome is a tough business, and there is definitely a possibility that the Court finds that there is not enough evidence to disturb the jury verdict. But like I said, I think this is more likely.
    Feb 21, 2013. 02:14 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo V. Google: $350+ Million That Is Not Coming Back [View article]
    What did you think was going to happen yesterday?
    Feb 21, 2013. 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo V. Google: $350+ Million That Is Not Coming Back [View article]
    What day did you think today was going to be?
    Feb 20, 2013. 06:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo V. Google: $350+ Million That Is Not Coming Back [View article]
    p.s. I have not been following it closely, but I am gearing up for the VHC/Cisco trial in March. One of my former partners may be attending it for me. Should be interesting.
    Feb 15, 2013. 01:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo V. Google: $350+ Million That Is Not Coming Back [View article]
    Alan,
    I'm glad Vringo hasn't lost you, even though it is boring these days. To answer your question, on the afternoon of the 30th, Vringo made an oral motion for no laches after Google had rested its case. The judge heard arguments, then ruled the next morning that there was laches. He may have been prompted to act by the VRNG motion the day before, but the transcript indicates that he was waiting until both side's evidence was in before ruling.
    Feb 15, 2013. 01:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo V. Google: $350+ Million That Is Not Coming Back [View article]
    To each his own. Personally, I choose to rely on more substantive information than "things might have changed," especially when there are no indications that anything has changed.
    Feb 14, 2013. 10:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Need More Income? Consider This Merger Arbitrage Play [View article]
    Welcome to the party. http://bit.ly/YrDpsf
    Feb 13, 2013. 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment