Adam Gill

View Adam Gill's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Vringo Wins Key Victory Over Google Revenue; Awaits 7% Royalty Decision [View article]
    It was a poor argument by GOOG and a rehashing of things they already lost. Of course they lost, again, only a few months later. Sure they had an argument, but having an argument and winning it are 2 very different things. This was an easy call.
    Jan 6, 2014. 01:19 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo ticks higher after Google workaround documents don't appear [View news story]
    This is wrong.

The Court ordered that documents be "produced" by August 25. Document productions are NOT filed, and would not show up on PACER. Neither will the expert reports, by the way.

And, the next deadline in the VRNG docket is today, when GOOG will be filing its response to VRNG's calculation of supplemental damages.
    Aug 27, 2013. 10:54 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Claims To Have Defeated Vringo Search Patents [View article]
    PP, using those emails about scheduling discovery, in order to evaluate a design around, is ridiculous.

Basing your argument on the stock price is no better - closing price before this broke was $3.01. Current price is down 5% from that. That's a pathetic argument that the market has validated a design around that's going to kill VRNG's search patents.

The bottom line is that you don't know a single detail about the supposed design around, and neither does VRNG or anyone other than GOOG.

No offense, but I won't be continuing this discussion.
    Apr 23, 2013. 12:13 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Values Vringo At $200 Billion [View article]
    JJ has done an very good job on this heavily litigated case. He manages hundreds of cases on his docket--many of them involving much more serious issues than patent infringement and day traders (murders, drug trafficking, prison conditions, police brutality)--so don't expect him to care too much about what the VRNG longs say on internet bulletin boards.

His rulings have been extremely timely, and accurate from a legal perspective.

It's incredible that a bunch of traders/gamblers show up without an understanding of the legal system and expect everything to change for them, and it is disgraceful and pathetic for anyone to allege or give credence to allegations that a Federal Judge is "on the take" without actual evidence.

Apr 22, 2013. 01:52 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's P/E Multiple Is An Anomaly [View article]
    Excellent article. I think that you and the above commenters are correct that despite what the analysts say, the market is concerned about the ability to grow earnings in the face of Android/Samsung competition. My personal view is that there is a lot of room for growth in established products like laptops, as well as new products like iwatch or television. And very few companies get design like Apple does or have the brand insistence.
    Feb 27, 2013. 11:35 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo: Court May Have Telegraphed Decision Worth 40% Of This Stock's Market Cap [View article]
    Alan, calling a future outcome is a tough business, and there is definitely a possibility that the Court finds that there is not enough evidence to disturb the jury verdict. But like I said, I think this is more likely.
    Feb 21, 2013. 02:14 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons Why Shorting Vringo Right Now Is A Bad Idea [View article]
    So VRNG sued Microsoft today on the Lang patents and the stock is up 5%. VRNG will also almost certainly sue or settle with Yahoo!

These are the kinds out-of-the-blue upside events that I wrote about, and as I said, there are no downside events on the horizon for a few months. This is exactly why shorting at this time, even if you are a long term short, is a bad idea.
    Jan 31, 2013. 10:37 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo Vs. Google: Google Did Not 'Flip-Flop' Or Concede To Ongoing Royalties [View article]
    I have tried to answer many of the substantive questions regarding my article and the case.

I feel no need to answer questions about my motives. I will never be able to please all of the people here, and I don't have the time or inclination to try to satisfy anonymous commenters on the internet. I have already explained why I wrote this article. If you feel that I have provided insufficient justification or disclosure, feel free to disregard this and my future articles.

People commonly try to figure a stock out before the market does, take a position, and then tell others what they have done and why. That's a large part of why this site exists. Will I do the same? Almost certainly. Will I create a frenzy and then turn around and short into it? Absolutely not.

Jan 9, 2013. 02:10 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Clider, I don't mind if you don't read the rest. Part of my point is to not rely on someone's credentials, but to form your own understanding.

Jan 8, 2013. 02:01 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Spherix Inc. Could Be Valued At $14-$61 Per Share [View article]
    As I wrote previously, I like their prosepcts long term, so I'm no basher. But with 15x dilution coming, a $10 market share gives them an approximately $150M market cap when the North-South deal closes.

It is shooting up now because the float and volume are ridiculously low - i.e., it is extremely illiquid. That is about to reverse.

With no visibility to the Rockstar assets and the plan of attack for the north-south patents not yet revealed, getting in now is gambling. I like to define my edge in my trades--which is impossible here--and for that reason, I'm out (for now).
    Jul 31, 2013. 10:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Spherix And Its Rockstar Announcement: A Big Deal For A Small Company [View article]
    Super: Dilution is not a Rockstar issue. It is a North-South Holdings merger issue. Dilution will multiply outstanding shares by 15X, mostly in the form of 1.4 million "Class D" shares that can convert to common stock at a 10 for 1 ratio.

Rick: Here is a link to an SEC filing detailing the Class D stock.
    Jul 29, 2013. 11:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Vringo Or Google Cheering The Federal Circuit's Fresenius Decision? [View article]
    Fly-

You are wrong. The decision absolutely shifted the application of the rule.

If this latest Baxter decision stands, and the USPTO rejects the claims of the VRNG patents, then all appeals of all issues in the GOOG must be completed before the appeal of the reexamination is completed. That was not true before the latest Baxter decision. Before, only a "final judgment" on the validity was arguably needed to be res judicata on the PTO/validity issue. Appeals on other issues (like royalties) could have been pending and the verdict would have been safe.

However, a lot still has to happen for the reexaminations to kill the GOOG verdict. BPAI appeal followed by Fed. Circuit appeal (if necessary) on '420, plus entire reexamination process followed by BPAI followed by Fed. Cir. appeal (if needed) for the '664. All asserted claims must be lost. And it all has to happen before the GOOG case is final - which is the goalpost just moved out by the Fed. Cir.

I'm still long VRNG.

Jul 9, 2013. 04:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo Vs. Google: Ongoing Royalty Prediction [View article]
    I think it means a sudden reversal, and so do several dictionaries: (http://bit.ly/17Uro8w; http://bit.ly/17Urr3X; http://bit.ly/17Urr42 ).

What do you think it means?

Jun 17, 2013. 10:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo Vs. Google: Ongoing Royalty Prediction [View article]
    I arrived at the same conclusion, based on Fed. Cir. precedent and the Active Video case, although I think there is a chance that the judge may split the baby a little on the royalty base. Granted, GOOG's all or nothing approach there makes it easy to reject outright.

I also think that there is a decent chance that the judge sets the rate for the November '12 to May '13 infringement and either orders expert discovery on the alleged workaround or invites a round of briefing on it.

Saying that Google has flip-flopped "yet again" on royalties, however, is wrong. They never flip flopped in the first place, which is obvious from, among other things, the JMOL briefings earlier this year. You know that, or at least you should, and you shouldn't keep repeating that.
    Jun 17, 2013. 01:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo: Where's The Money? [View article]
    This space is, and has been, a high risk, high reward, binary outcome scenario in a relatively slowly moving system. If you cannot accept that, then this space is not right for you and your money.
    Jun 4, 2013. 10:55 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment