Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is Saudi Arabia Targeting U.S. Shales? [View article]
    i-am-seeker-2 -

In my opinion, Putin is the second most dangerous person in the world (after our Prez). I believe we will all find this out in due time.
    Dec 26, 2014. 06:02 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Pareto (80/20) Portfolio To Start The New Year [View article]
    I'm seeing a current price around $35 US on Pembina.
    Dec 26, 2014. 11:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Saudi Arabia Targeting U.S. Shales? [View article]
    Have no idea what the real reasons for the Saudi actions are, but we must remember that Saudi Arabia encourages and supports terrorism - 15 of the 19 9/11 islamic terrorists were Saudis, so I would not put anything past them.
    Dec 26, 2014. 09:10 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dual Momentum Fixed Income [View article]
    From the author's profile he might be looking for business.
    Dec 25, 2014. 01:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Warren Resources Has More Upside [View article]
    Good article - when will you be buying WRES?
    Dec 24, 2014. 11:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorEnergy Is Substantially Undervalued With Upside Of 75% And An 8.5% Yield [View article]
    If Ultra were to go bankrupt, they would no longer be able to maintain the lease payments.

Also, if the prices of oil/NG continue to decline many E&P's would shut down, there would be less flowing through the pipelines and lower revenues for the midstream companies, which would also have an impact on CORR's earnings.
    Dec 23, 2014. 08:50 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REIT Basket Strategy: Added 100 Northwest Healthcare Properties REIT At C$8.3 [View article]
    Coe76 -

Generally they do - 15%. If held in an IRA there might not be any withheld, although it will depend upon the transfer agent used by your broker.
    Dec 22, 2014. 07:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Yield 50/50 Portfolio Strategy Built With BDCs And MREITs. [View article]
    High Yield-

I believe that you are set up to learn a very hard lesson, but then it is your money.
    Dec 22, 2014. 12:10 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Your portfolio is "very high risk" at best. A number of your BDC's NII does not cover the dividends - hence future dividend cuts are likely.

Not much needs to be said about the mREITs - just look at their history of dividend cuts, declining NAV etc.

Have you ever heard of "diversification"?
    Dec 22, 2014. 10:33 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Write On Seeking Alpha? [View article]
    Having written many articles for SA in the past, some months ago I made the decision to cease.

My reasons included: a proliferation of articles by authors with few, or no qualifications; SA was beginning to turn into a penny stock pumping site, SA no longer had much discernment as to whom they publish - it's all about PV's and ads; and petty bickering among authors.
    Dec 21, 2014. 04:41 PM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Penn Virginia Corporation: The Energy Play That Could Ignite Your Portfolio In 2015 [View article]
    Don't rely so much on Yahoo data - some of it is flawed.

Also the dividends declared are not on the common shares.
    Dec 19, 2014. 10:07 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorEnergy Infrastructure Trust: The Energy REIT You've Always Wanted [View article]
    Couple of things to be concerned about:

They will have only three properties under triple-net leases.

If oil prices remain in the tank, the midstream and downstream revenue chains could be disrupted.

If this were to happen, it would not be far-fetched to envision one, or more tenants possibly defaulting on their lease agreements.
    Dec 19, 2014. 10:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Memorial Production Partners' $150M Buyback Is A Huge Positive [View article]
    learning -

MEMP is about the only E&P I am interested in. Hoping to add to my position around $10's.
    Dec 18, 2014. 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    biceps-

I could probably throw the money further.

By the way I own MEMP so am not bashing it.
    Dec 18, 2014. 11:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Albert -

While what they said is encouraging, and although I realize they are heavily weighted with NG, the market is pricing in substantial distribution cuts throughout the E&P sector.

Although not an MLP, I remember JF stating a few months ago that SDRL's dividend was "sustainable" into 2016. I guess he wasn't lying since he never said that it would be "sustained" for that period of time.

Truth is I do not trust these announcements any further than I can throw the CEO's.
    Dec 18, 2014. 11:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment