Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Should You Buy Prospect Capital Corporation? COO Grier Eliasek Gives Some Very Interesting Answers [View article]
    Javelina-

Would you mind listing some of the "multitude"?
    Jul 19, 2015. 08:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Javelina-

I feel for you. You must be in the world of hurt. PSEC is not within shouting distance of the "best of breed".

There are other BDC's out there that are not reducing their dividends that are more than earning them.

Do some research and you will find them.
    Jul 15, 2015. 11:36 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nuveen's Real Asset Income And Growth Fund: Possible 25% Total Return In 1 Year [View article]
    Beta-

I agree on JRI - I have been waiting for a good entry point for almost six months now.
    Jul 12, 2015. 09:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    "assuming the market realizes the market opportunity (driving the trading price up to normal trading levels), total distributions (fund income + capital gains), and narrowing discount to the fund's net asset value"

This same premise could be applied to any CEF or stock.
    Jul 11, 2015. 04:24 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Better Than Realty Income: The High-Yielding, Investment Grade Dream Office REIT [View article]
    DUNDF - exposure to Germany.
    Jul 8, 2015. 02:54 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 50/50 Portfolio (BDCs And mREITs) High Yield 10%, H1 2015 Update [View article]
    31-

VNQ is an equity REIT ETF, not an mREIT one. Big, big difference. Would be a bit careful with NEWT as Q1 was the first quarter their NII covered the dividend in a year.
    Jul 5, 2015. 10:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    IncomeYield-

EPD my biggest holding - have owned since about 2004. GAB and GRX my largest CEF's. NRZ my only mREIT.
    Jul 4, 2015. 07:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    GGjr-

Got you by a few years.

I have investment grade mid stream MLP's. CEF's are moderately conservative. My BDC's have NII that more than covers the dividends, and my lone mREIT is among the best (I believe).
    Jul 4, 2015. 07:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    GGjr-

Just guessing, but I think I have been around a lot longer than you, but maybe it is close.

What I was saying is he almost might as well take the money to Vegas and roll the dice.

No, I am not all cash. Own a combination of MLP's, CEF's, two BDC's and one mREIT.
    Jul 4, 2015. 12:37 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    GGjr-

If you go back to 2007 - 2009 (bear market), you will see how several of the largest mREITs went bankrupt, the others cut dividends (and continue to do so in 2015). Many of his BDC's have NII that does not cover the dividend and have made some cuts also.

I'll bet his medicine chest is full of sleeping pills.

This portfolio is one step above going to Vegas.
    Jul 4, 2015. 10:48 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    GGjr-

Was being facetious. He is going to be in the world of hurt - and so will anyone following these portfolio ideas.
    Jul 4, 2015. 10:24 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I sincerely hope that the author's portfolio is a hypothetical and not real one.
    Jul 4, 2015. 09:25 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MLP Review - Q2 2015 [View article]
    No, they have not been at all resilient. Even the investment grade midstreams have dropped 20% or more.
    Jul 3, 2015. 08:53 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MLP Review - Q2 2015 [View article]
    Wow! A two paragraph article.
    Jul 3, 2015. 06:19 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CorEnergy Infrastructure Trust Makes A BIG Purchase [View article]
    Picked up some CORR at $6.09 last week - think I will be pleased long-term.
    Jun 30, 2015. 03:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment