Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 7 Insiders Are Buying Martin Midstream Stock [View article]
    MMLP does NOT pay a dividend! You might bone up a bit on MLP's before writing about them.

Also, the fact that a few insiders bought very few shares has no effect on the stock - you did not draw any conclusion from your data.
    Jun 17, 2014. 09:23 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ensco: 4 Different Insiders Have Sold Shares During The Last 30 Days [View article]
    If you look at these versus the past few years of insider transactions, these look even more meaningless.

I sure would not label this as "intensive", but it does get one's attention.
    Jun 16, 2014. 04:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Looks like there is a pattern to this selling - same approximate volumes May/June 2013, Non/Dec. 2013, and May/June 2014.

Totally meaningless.
    Jun 16, 2014. 04:11 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Generation X Really Up A Creek? [View article]
    I guess I see things differently from ground level.

Some day I believe the markets are not going to recover from a bear cycle.
    Jun 16, 2014. 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Generation X Really Up A Creek? [View article]
    Roger -

Not only are Gen-X'ers up the creek but probably the other generations as well.

Do you think that with the folks running the show in D.C. (and I am speaking in a bi-partisan way), that we will escape all the following:

Russia taking back the original USSR and eastern Europe

China going after Japan/Taiwan

Israel and its on-going escalation with Iran, Hamas, and every other mid-east country

North Korea vs. anyone and everyone

The Iraq fiasco and our stupidity to seek a potential alliance with Iran?

Opening the gates to illegals, including cartel members.

I omit many of the minor potential military conflicts and, of course our own staggering economy.

Before one labels me a pessimist, let me say I do not have a pessimistic bone in my body. I am, however a hyper-realist.

So, as Neil Diamond once sang "Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies"
    Jun 16, 2014. 01:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Have No Fear Of A Market Crash Or A Significant Correction, Here's Why: Part 1 [View article]
    Thanks. I have tried very hard to identify decent stocks that actually increased in value during this period. WMT is about the only one with any significant gain.
    Jun 16, 2014. 08:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Another great article Chuck.

Did you check the prices of these stocks from the period 10/9/2007 (market highs) and 3/9/2009 (bear market lows0?
    Jun 15, 2014. 12:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ram Power: An Asymmetric Bet On Green Energy [View article]
    Well, at least the downside is only $.03.
    Jun 11, 2014. 09:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Seabridge Gold's Dirt, Dirt-Cheap And Buy It Now [View article]
    Guess he is not going to respond.
    Jun 10, 2014. 03:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is DryShips Finally On The Road To Recovery? [View article]
    NMM has never cut their distribution; however it has only been raised once in the past 12 quarters.
    Jun 10, 2014. 03:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Seabridge Gold's Dirt, Dirt-Cheap And Buy It Now [View article]
    Life changing?

It would appear that all three points under "Why Buy Now" are couched in potentially questionable terms - "expects to receive", "expects to receive" and "engaged in talks".

What are the odds of points 1. and 2. occurring? If either approval is turned down it could be the ball game for SA.

What is your downside if any, or all of your three points do not come to fruition?
    Jun 10, 2014. 01:34 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is DryShips Finally On The Road To Recovery? [View article]
    NMM is not coming close to covering their div. SFL is even a better choice.
    Jun 9, 2014. 03:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A New High-Dividend Stock With Strong Future Dividend And Cash Flow Growth [View article]
    smurf -

Zero, I have owned it for two quarters now.
    Jun 9, 2014. 09:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Plug Power: Worth $1.76 Per Share [View article]
    I have no assumptions about PLUG - do not own it and never had.

Just read the article as a point of interest and found it to be lacking.
    Jun 6, 2014. 10:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Plug Power: Worth $1.76 Per Share [View article]
    Regardless of the author's valuation, the article lacks any real factual information with which to back his assumptions. Pretty easy to say "I assume this", "I assume that". Pure supposition.

This article is a prime reason why there needs to be close reviews made by the SA editors prior to acceptance.
    Jun 5, 2014. 02:15 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment