Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Best Idea For 2014: Newcastle Investment, An 'Aging' REIT [View article]
    Does it bother you that NCT's NII is not as yet covering the $.10 dividend?
    Dec 22 09:58 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Protected Principal Retirement Strategy: Preliminary Portfolio Re-Balancing [View article]
    If you go back and read the first four or five articles that I have written (around July 2012) you can get a handle on my approach. I focus of those folks that are close, or into retirement that do not have a few million to invest.

The strategy seeks around an eight percent portfolio yield without taking significant risks or chasing high yields.

When I say "I believe" it implies that based upon my research that is what I think. I would never be so presumptuous to say "I know".

Thanks for the comment.
    Dec 22 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think the reduction was in line with the continuing decline of the eREITs. The yield is still very good, and JRS holds the large cap REITs.
    Dec 22 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    And Merry CHRISTmas to you also.
    Dec 21 08:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    CEFL looks like a leveraged ETF. I don't follow ETF's or ETN's.

What is "crusty"?
    Dec 21 07:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I don't follow GBDC but noticed that last quarter their NII did not cover the entire dividend. Factoids - who writes on SA covers the BDC's better than anyone and you might want to follow him.

PNNT's NII has failed to cover the dividend for the past three quarters.
    Dec 21 07:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    JRS is a bit over 70% ROC, while RQI is all income and gains.

I always check the sources of dividends. Personally, I have little problem with ROC as long as the stock price appreciates. If you search for return of capital here on SA you will get to read what has become an on-going argument over ROC.
    Dec 21 07:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    No such CEF with the symbol JRF. Yield on RQI as of yesterday's close is 7.75%.
    Dec 21 01:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why BDC Portfolio Weighted Average Yields Are Falling [View article]
    Bob -

Rest your mind and have a Merry CHRISTmas!
    Dec 21 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    smurf -

There have been a few articles on DUNDF on SA. Search the symbol and they should come up.

In order to get their website I had to enter Dundee International into Google, which worked.

Dundee is a large Canadian REIT with several different stocks. I have been reading that the German economy is supposed to be strong next year and DUNDF is almost 100% in German real estate. Don't own any yet, and still considering it.

Merry CHRISTmas to you.
    Dec 21 10:16 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am good with it.
    Dec 20 08:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    JRI is an infrastructure CEF. Has Reits, utilities energy etc.

EOD has picked up since the div was reduced.
    Dec 20 07:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency Corp.: Yet Another Dividend Cut [View article]
    If anyone has noticed NLY (another mREIT with a great? management team) has also cut their dividend for the nth time.

At some point, the cult of the mREIT stocks will finally realize their foolishness and salvage what remains of their principal.
    Dec 20 12:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why BDC Portfolio Weighted Average Yields Are Falling [View article]
    Bob -

Any reason that you have not added TCPC to your lists?
    Dec 20 10:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Hot Shipping Stocks For 2014--And 2 To Avoid [View article]
    NM is the GP to NMM. Why not go with NMM?
    Dec 19 02:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment