Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Impressive Growth From A REIT: Inland Real Estate [View article]
    Let us know when you buy it.
    Nov 12 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MFA Financial Is Outperforming In The Mortgage REIT Sector. [View article]
    As far as the mREITs go, MFA is one of the top few. That said, they have suffered since March of this year along with the rest of the pack.

My guess is that a dividend cut is definitely forthcoming.

You might want to get out here if you are still above water in the stock. There will be a time in another year or so to get back into MFA.
    Nov 12 08:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MFA Financial Is Outperforming In The Mortgage REIT Sector. [View article]
    The mREIT decline began in earnest in March 2013. Since then MFA has declined in price from about $9.60 to $7.24, about 25%.
    Nov 11 12:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • MFA Financial Is Outperforming In The Mortgage REIT Sector. [View article]
    I owned NCT for a while about a year ago - made a bit and sold. Do not follow EFC.

I do think that PMT is the cream of the crop of mREITs, but really too risky to buy here.
    Nov 11 11:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • MFA Financial Is Outperforming In The Mortgage REIT Sector. [View article]
    Personally, I do not see any bargains in the mREIT sector. Regarded Solutions and myself have been advising folks to get out since about November 2012.

IMO, mREIT holders are going to be punished going forward by further declines in BV and more dividend cuts - but what do I know; I only went through the mREIT mess in 2008-2009, which is now being repeated.

The only way to make money on the mREITs is to write articles on them for SA.
    Nov 11 10:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MFA Financial Is Outperforming In The Mortgage REIT Sector. [View article]
    I would much rather not hold any mREITs now.
    Nov 11 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MFA Financial Is Outperforming In The Mortgage REIT Sector. [View article]
    David -

MFA has missed estimates at least the past four quarters, and not once in this period has their earnings covered the dividend.
    Nov 11 08:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The REIT Way To Become A Disciplined Dividend Investor [View article]
    Continue to enjoy your articles Brad.

One suggestion - please stop bragging on Donald Trump. He has built his wealth on Daddy's money, and if I am not mistaken he has bankrupted a number of times. Not exactly a financial role model.
    Nov 11 08:30 AM | 21 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here Is My High-Yield, Zero-Leverage, Low-Cost Diversified Secret Fund [View article]
    You are correct about both NCZ and PHK. While both are decent CEF's, one would be nuts to pay a premium to own them.
    Nov 10 09:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Protected Principal Retirement Strategy: FISHing For Marlin Midstream Partners [View article]
    I too have only a small position.
    Nov 9 02:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Bruce -

Thanks for the comment. I have owned CMLP since the mid-2012's and completely agree with you.

As for FISH, we will have to wait and see. No one should ever purchase any stock just for the yield.
    Nov 9 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sorry you do not like the symbol - I never really paid much attention to it.

I purchased FISH just under $17 and believe it is a value at that price.
    Nov 9 09:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    You are correct, the New Mexico facility is not yet a part of FISH.

From a cursory view of financial I believe that FISH is in a much better position than MEP.
    Nov 9 09:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    No facilities in Albuquerque.

You can short it if you wish - you are entitled to your opinion.
    Nov 8 05:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks. As far as I am concerned limit orders should be used for any stock purchase.
    Nov 8 03:18 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment