Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Seadrill Management Is Too Focused On The Stock [View article]
    Remember, this author has six whole years as an investor.
    Jul 14, 2014. 07:41 AM | 24 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This New High Dividend Stock Is A Great Play On 2 Fast-Growing Markets [View article]
    If one is looking for safety stick with the larger cap midstream MLPs like EPD, PAA, OKS, MWE, ETP etc.
    Jul 13, 2014. 08:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Uncle-

It is incredible the number of authors being published on SA that haven't a clue about MLP's.
    Jul 12, 2014. 05:08 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jobless Claims Lower Than Expected [View article]
    Another reason why the statistics are looking so good over the past several months (from BLS):

Are undocumented immigrants counted in the surveys?

It is likely that both surveys include at least some undocumented immigrants. However,
    neither the establishment nor the household survey is designed to identify the legal
    status of workers. Therefore, it is not possible to determine how many are counted in
    either survey. The establishment survey does not collect data on the legal status of
    workers. The household survey does include questions which identify the foreign and
    native born, but it does not include questions about the legal status of the foreign
    born. Data on the foreign and native born are published each month in table A-7 of
    The Employment Situation news release.
    Jul 11, 2014. 04:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Jobless Claims Lower Than Expected [View article]
    I am more than capable, thanks.

My business is doing very well - just not planning on adding new employees.
    Jul 11, 2014. 03:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Jobless Claims Lower Than Expected [View article]
    Self employed are almost universally denied unemployment benefits and therefore are not able to be included in the "statistics".

I know that statistics can be manipulated to show just about anything one wishes to show. And the clowns in DC are pretty darn good at it.

I run a small business, and like most other small business owners that I know there are no plans to add employees - due to all of the regulatory crap spewed out by our benevolent government.
    Jul 11, 2014. 03:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Jobless Claims Lower Than Expected [View article]
    I believe that is what I said in my first statement. My point is that these statistics are manipulated.

I notice there were no comments on the other two statements I made.

When you have unemployment data that do not reflect self employed persons or those that have just given up on finding work, it is easy to show a decline in the unemployment rate. The labor force participation rate is a much better indicator of the health of the workforce - and it is in critical condition.
    Jul 11, 2014. 01:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My No. 1 Way To Reduce Interest-Rate Risk [View article]
    fidelity -

Haven't you noticed how over the past several months more and more articles are touting penny stocks? The more articles published (and read), the more revenue for SA.

I can't say I blame them as they are in business to make money; however, the caliber of writing has seriously deteriorated of late.
    Jul 11, 2014. 10:14 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My No. 1 Way To Reduce Interest-Rate Risk [View article]
    Try to buy when the discount is close to the 52 Week Low and sell when it reaches the 52 Week High.
    Jul 10, 2014. 07:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My No. 1 Way To Reduce Interest-Rate Risk [View article]
    So, subscribe to my newsletter and find out how.

One can go to cefconnect.com, use their Fund Screening link and find these for free.
    Jul 10, 2014. 06:36 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jobless Claims Lower Than Expected [View article]
    Remember, jobless claims and the unemployment rate are manipulated by the government. As an example, with each new release the prior data are usually revised - downward.

The unemployment rate of 6.1% was due in large part to the ending of extended unemployment benefits.

The labor force participation rate is about at its lowest point ever, and according to latest estimates approximately 92 million Americans are either out or work or have just given up.

So don't be so quick to drink the government kool-aid.
    Jul 10, 2014. 03:38 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital Is The BDC For Me [View article]
    Norman -

I have owned PSEC in the past, so kinda familiar with it.

Right now I am concerned about what the Fed will say later today about interest rates. I am looking to move out of both MCC and TCPC soon as BDC's do not fare well in adverse interest rate environments.
    Jul 9, 2014. 08:23 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital Is The BDC For Me [View article]
    Most recent quarter's NII of $.31 unfortunately does not cover their dividend. You might look at better BDC's such as TCPC or MCC.
    Jul 9, 2014. 08:03 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Surge Energy: This 7.8% Dividend Yield Stock Will Surge [View article]
    I own it. When do you plan on buying it?
    Jul 7, 2014. 02:34 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why German Energy Majors Need To Adapt Their Long-Term Strategy And Business Model [View article]
    Scooter -

Good seeing you show up - hope you are well.
    Jul 7, 2014. 01:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment