Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Protected Principal Retirement Strategy: You Miss A Lot When You Take A Week Off [View article]
    Wiza

I do not follow all of these. MPLX has been a great performer this year. I watch MMLP a bit, but it is not what I would call a true midstream MLP.

You might check the MLP board on iVillage:

A lot of smart folks there.

Also Hinds Howard:

Jul 9 03:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If you consider LINN to be a Ponzi scheme then you must be crazy to invest in it.

If, like many others you are looking at LINN like an undervalued stock that has been bashed by a hedge fund and an author of questionable knowledge writing for SA, then you are probably justified in buying it.
    Jul 9 01:08 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks, am very aware of both.
    Jul 9 12:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: Many Ponzi-Like MLP Blow-Ups To Follow [View article]
    Was

Itching to comment, but others have beaten me to the punch.

You might want to refer to Hinds Howard' articles and commentaries on MLPs. He is light years ahead of this guy.

Point is that what is going on with LINE and LNCO has no bearing on the other upstream MLPs.

Liking BBEP, VNR and ARP here.

Thanks James for your attempt to equate MLPs to Ponzi schemes. As usual, you fall short of the mark.
    Jul 5 02:16 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Protected Principal Retirement Strategy: Silver Threads And Golden Needles [View article]
    Gold and silver both pretty interesting since I wrote this article. At this point, I wouldn't go near any of these three stocks.

Gold looking like it will be in triple digits soon and silver headed towards $15.

Have to re-visit these in a few months.
    Jun 28 09:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Comparing Mortgage REITs [View article]
    If you were to compare NII to their dividend payments you might have something here. Unfortunately the mREITs earnings are not for the most part covering their dividends.

This is why dividends have been getting cut for the past several quarters.
    Jun 26 07:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Misunderstood And Underpriced: NorthStar Realty Finance Is Poised For Outperformance [View article]
    While I would agree that NRF is potentially one of the better performers, does it not bother you that its NII of .18 for the recent quarter does not cover its .19 dividend?
    Jun 26 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Danger Zone For This Week: REITs [View article]
    If you think NLY is a bargain here, it will be a much bigger one in coming quarters as the dividend is cut even further.

In Jun 2010, NLY was paying $.68. It has since reduced (cut) its dividend eight times to its present level of $.40.

I believe that there are definitely bargains to be found in eREITs, but certainly not in the mREIT sector.
    Jun 26 10:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Very High-Yielding Dividend Portfolio That Has Outperformed By A Big Margin [View article]
    Good cross section of divided stocks. Might want to re-consider on JE though.
    Jun 25 02:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency: Impact Of Last Week's Fed Statement On Its MBS Portfolio [View article]
    For BS Bernanke "tapering" means "ending".

For holders of the mREITs this means capitulation. You will see more, and larger magnitude cuts to mREIT dividends in coming quarters.

Not something new here - I have been warning for several months that this was coming. 2008 - 2009 revisited.

Would certainly sell all of them if I owned any.
    Jun 24 10:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Protected Principal Retirement Strategy: Hunton For A Bargain [View article]
    Sounds like a question for your CPA.
    Jun 24 07:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Protected Principal Retirement Strategy: Hunton For A Bargain [View article]
    Perhaps 1 - 2%
    Jun 24 07:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Protected Principal Retirement Strategy: Hunton For A Bargain [View article]
    See "Summary" above. Remember, I am not recommending the stock for purchase by readers - it is my personal target.
    Jun 22 07:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Protected Principal Retirement Strategy: Hunton For A Bargain [View article]
    Understand your caution based on the other companies.

To be honest I do not know that much about NSLP execs.

I own only a few hundred shares and will add not more than a like amount if it reaches my target price.
    Jun 22 05:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Protected Principal Retirement Strategy: Hunton For A Bargain [View article]
    I still own ALDW. My original objective was to hold it for about one year. I monitor the crack spread and will sell when it drops significantly.
    Jun 22 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment