Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How To Buy REITs Like Sir John Templeton [View article]
    Another great article Brad. Like your investment heroes, but can't understand Trump being on the list.

He did it all with Daddy's money, and, if I am not mistaken has gone bankrupt at least twice. His only claim to being any type of role model would be his hairstyle.
    Jan 27 10:11 AM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency: The Bottom Is Here And Risk Is To The Upside [View article]
    That is November 2012.
    Jan 26 07:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chris -

I guess if you turn out to be correct in your assessment I could, at the very least compliment you on your call.
    Jan 26 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chris -

Interesting, but I would not put any money on it.
    Jan 26 10:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ...and I believe that Chris (the author) will confirm this.
    Jan 25 05:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    See my above comment and then tell me about guessing.
    Jan 25 04:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Let's see, last November I began posting warnings about the mREIT sector and advised selling all mREIT stocks. In retrospect, I would say I hit the nail squarely on the head.
    Jan 25 04:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    We will have to wait and see, but my GUESS is that AGNC will see $15 before $25 and over the next several quarters there will be additional dividend cuts.
    Jan 25 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VOC Energy Trust: A Forecast Of Future Distributions [View article]
    What would be the effect of rising oil prices over the remaining life of the trust?
    Jan 25 09:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Time To Buy Western Asset Mortgage Capital [View article]
    It may have paid a great dividend, but the underlying stock price has dropped from $24 to the $14's.
    Jan 24 03:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Valuation: Why Best Buy's Stock Is Worth $49 [View article]
    My guess is that Best Buy will emulate Circuit City.
    Jan 23 01:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 3 Monthly Dividend Stocks For A Roth IRA [View article]
    You are referring to UBTI for MLPs. You are not taxed until the total UBTI (not distributions) in the account totals at least $1000.
    Jan 22 04:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 3 Monthly Dividend Stocks For A Roth IRA [View article]
    Assume you mean BDC's. You can get an excellent handle on BDC values by reading the metrics presented on SA by Factoids.
    Jan 22 11:41 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 3 Monthly Dividend Stocks For A Roth IRA [View article]
    Good overall strategy, particularly including VNR.

You might want to re-visit PSEC though. Third quarter NII failed to cover the dividend, fourth quarter and first quarter 2014 are not expected to cover the dividend either. Better BDC's out there now.
    Jan 22 10:31 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PIMCO's Strategic Global Government Common Fund Is Now A Buy [View article]
    Being semi-retired I have a longer term outlook. Midstream MLP's, some CEF's, a few BDC's and the like.

I just have a general prejudice about paying more for a CEF than its NAV.
    Jan 21 11:02 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment