Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Royalty Trusts And The ETF Retirement Portfolio [View article]
    The perpetual trusts do not have "extreme" distributions. Typical yields run in the the 7% range.
    Aug 17, 2014. 10:19 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Royalty Trusts And The ETF Retirement Portfolio [View article]
    You can use the screen at CEF Connect to find them.
    Aug 17, 2014. 10:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Royalty Trusts And The ETF Retirement Portfolio [View article]
    DMLP is an excellent example.
    Aug 17, 2014. 10:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Royalty Trusts And The ETF Retirement Portfolio [View article]
    I think the big lesson to be learned here is to avoid the finite trusts and stick with the perpetual trusts like SJT, PBT, CRT etc.
    Aug 17, 2014. 08:29 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Africa Opportunity Fund: Unappreciated, Underestimated And Undervalued. [View article]
    Not exactly some of the most stable countries on the continent. But, a positive would be the limited downside risk.

No thanks.
    Aug 15, 2014. 10:26 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cornerstone Progressive Return - A CEF With A 20% Dividend [View article]
    I would guess that the yield is too good to be true - hence it has been cut in the past.
    Aug 14, 2014. 09:32 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cornerstone Progressive Return - A CEF With A 20% Dividend [View article]
    Aside from the dividend cuts, the biggest red flag is that it trades at a premium to its NAV.

Why anyone would pay more than it is worth is beyond me. It is akin to paying $1.08 for a quart of milk that is selling for $1.00.

There are far better CEF alternatives out there.
    Aug 14, 2014. 08:49 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medallion Financial: Unwarranted Drop Creates A Buying Opportunity [View article]
    Please let us know when you purchase TAXI.
    Aug 13, 2014. 03:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Retail Investors About To Get Fleeced Again [View article]
    Aside from stating the obvious, the purpose of this article? is?
    Aug 11, 2014. 09:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SandRidge Permian Trust: Solid Results, Fairly Valued [View article]
    Thanks to all of the distributions received, my original buy price has been reduced to the mid-$14's. Was also fortunate to write a few covered calls, but decent premiums no longer exist. So, at this point I think my alternatives are about played out.

The lesson to be learned is to stick with perpetual trusts such as CRT, PBT, SJT etc.
    Aug 10, 2014. 06:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons Why Falcon Has Huge Upside Potential [View article]
    At least the downside is only fifteen cents.
    Aug 7, 2014. 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Wrong To Take A Position In A Stock And Then Write About It On Seeking Alpha? [View article]
    Luciom -

Therein lies the problem.
    Aug 7, 2014. 08:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hess' MLP Will Unleash Even More Shareholder Value [View article]
    As of right now I do not think you are missing anything relative to the MLP IPO's. A year down the road, who knows?
    Aug 6, 2014. 03:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    You say:

"Trading first and then writing an article designed to push the stock in the direction of your trade is not front running."

Then you go on to say:

"Investors who publish articles about stocks they have positions in are not front running."

Perhaps you mean the same thing in both statements, in which case what you say in your article is sound. However, if you mean these statements literally, then I believe you have a problem.

If you or I have owned a stock for some period of time and then decide that it's merits warrant an article that is fine. Unfortunately, there are some (like me) that would object to a person buying a stock in the morning and then deciding "oh, I think I'll write an article this afternoon".

I believe there is far too much of the latter scenario going on, particularly in the incredible number of penny stock articles being written on SA of late.
    Aug 6, 2014. 03:10 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hess' MLP Will Unleash Even More Shareholder Value [View article]
    Michael -

If you note, I alluded to the "current group of clowns", not any one particular person (but he is one too). I am talking about Repubs and Dems alike - they are all in it now to advance their own interests.

So I guess it didn't take much to blame Bush - heck everybody does. Perhaps some day before the 2016 elections, the current resident of the WH will take some responsibility for his own mess.

I remain concerned about the recent splurge in MLP IPO's - while I don't think DC will do anything near term (they have trouble finding their way home), the large number of new ones might draw someone's attention (if they remain awake).
    Aug 5, 2014. 07:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment