Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Here Is My High-Yield, Zero-Leverage, Low-Cost Diversified Secret Fund [View article]
    You are correct about both NCZ and PHK. While both are decent CEF's, one would be nuts to pay a premium to own them.
    Nov 10 09:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Protected Principal Retirement Strategy: FISHing For Marlin Midstream Partners [View article]
    I too have only a small position.
    Nov 9 02:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Bruce -

Thanks for the comment. I have owned CMLP since the mid-2012's and completely agree with you.

As for FISH, we will have to wait and see. No one should ever purchase any stock just for the yield.
    Nov 9 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sorry you do not like the symbol - I never really paid much attention to it.

I purchased FISH just under $17 and believe it is a value at that price.
    Nov 9 09:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    You are correct, the New Mexico facility is not yet a part of FISH.

From a cursory view of financial I believe that FISH is in a much better position than MEP.
    Nov 9 09:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    No facilities in Albuquerque.

You can short it if you wish - you are entitled to your opinion.
    Nov 8 05:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks. As far as I am concerned limit orders should be used for any stock purchase.
    Nov 8 03:18 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITS: The Time Is Now To Buy... Not Sell [View article]
    Where do I say that earnings will be worse in Q4?

I do believe that dividends will be cut once again though.
    Nov 8 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITS: The Time Is Now To Buy... Not Sell [View article]
    FFO and AFFO ARE earnings for the REITs.
    Nov 8 12:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITS: The Time Is Now To Buy... Not Sell [View article]
    Cash

I would really keep an eye on them and close mental stops.
    Nov 8 12:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITS: The Time Is Now To Buy... Not Sell [View article]
    You are correct about the unrealized losses part. Unfortunately, the losses in both AGNC and NLY have been anything but small. AGNC has dropped from the $33's to the $21's (about 37%), while NLY has dropped from the $16's to the $10's (about 38%). These are anything but "small" losses.

If you have read my articles you know that I have no,t and do not short stocks of any kind. I am just giving you advice from someone that has been investing for over 40 years, and who unfortunately experienced the mREIT carnage of 2008-2009.
    Nov 8 11:21 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITS: The Time Is Now To Buy... Not Sell [View article]
    Cash

Ten years from now many of them will be gone.
    Nov 8 11:15 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITS: The Time Is Now To Buy... Not Sell [View article]
    If you look at earnings you will see that they continue to fall below prior quarter dividends. This will (has to) result in additional cuts.

The fact that both RS and myself have been warning folks about the mREIT collapse for almost a year now does not show any irresponsibility whatsoever - it shows that we know what we are saying.
    Nov 8 10:39 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITS: The Time Is Now To Buy... Not Sell [View article]
    I don't believe that you experienced the mREIT debacle of 2008-2009. If you didn't you should research it thoroughly - it is being repeated at the present time.

Don't think (based on current price) that NLY bottomed in July.

You need to review the dividend history of your mREIT favorites. All have cut repeatedly, and based upon recent earnings releases, additional cuts are most certainly forthcoming.

The mREITs are not an asset class to be exposed to at the present, and for several quarters to come.
    Nov 8 09:16 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Calumet Specialty Products: No Fuel For Growth [View article]
    I'm shaking in my boots. With $611 million in available liquidity and their hedges in place, a dip offers an opportunity to add to my position.

At my basis price, CLMT presently yields over 13%.

Just a guess - you are already short CLMT.
    Nov 7 04:21 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment