Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Market Is Mispricing Prospect Capital [View article]
    Looks to me like they are estimating NII within a range of $.31 to $.35. No guarantee of $.34.
    Jun 17 09:30 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Is Mispricing Prospect Capital [View article]
    One concern about PSEC is that its NII for the most recent quarter does not cover the dividend.

Even with the new guidance it will take NII of $.34 for dividend coverage.

I too am long the stock.
    Jun 17 09:05 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Protected Principal Retirement Strategy: Silver Threads And Golden Needles [View article]
    I just drink a few now and then but don't follow any.

We are in Athens, Ga.
    Jun 16 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Don't believe in possessing enough ammo to take down a small country - just enough to protect my family.

Where do you live?

Happy Father's Day.
    Jun 16 09:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Scooter

If one timed the purchase correctly, one came out well.

Gun collection value is no surprise at all.

I think too many folks have taken a few of my more humorous comments too seriously.

Enjoy your weekend.
    Jun 15 08:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah, with all of the government agencies stocking up on ammo I guess we all have targets on our backs.

Keep you eyes on your security cameras!
    Jun 15 08:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Where have I ever suggested investing in 0% return government bonds??

No one takes our economic mess more seriously than I.

If you read the articles I have written over the past year you will see that I am pretty heavily allocated to the energy sector, particularly the MLPs.

My take on precious metals near term is that there is more downside than upside. That could change though.

I guess I need to be more careful about being facetious in some of my articles.
    Jun 15 08:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I was being a little facetious. However, there probably is some truth to this.
    Jun 14 01:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Aside from gold's run up from about $250 to $1700 (before declining) it was probably one of the worst investments in history.

Who are these "trusted local agents"? Are they representatives of our "trusted" Federal government?
    Jun 14 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Perhaps at some point.
    Jun 14 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • These 6 Companies Cannot Support Their Dividends [View article]
    Article is not very well thought out. Particularly what is said about LSE and SDRL.
    Jun 14 09:22 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs Buyers Beware, Economic Data Threatens The Rally [View article]
    You have hit the nail on the head. It is unfortunate that there are so many folks chasing these yields while forgetting what happened to the entire mREIT sector during the last bear market (2007 - 2009).

They will ignore all of the warnings and be crushed when dividends are slashed overnight.
    Jun 14 08:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    CAGR is taken from Yahoo Finance.
    Jun 13 08:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital Corporation: A 12.38% Dividend With The Earnings To Cover The Expenses [View article]
    Guidance was for NII in the range of $.31 - $.35. It will take $.33 to cover.
    Jun 12 01:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It will take NII of just over $.33 to cover the dividend.

By the way, I am not bashing PSEC as it is one of my larger holdings.
    Jun 12 09:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment