Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • American Capital Agency: The Bottom Is Here And Risk Is To The Upside [View article]
    ...and I believe that Chris (the author) will confirm this.
    Jan 25, 2014. 05:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    See my above comment and then tell me about guessing.
    Jan 25, 2014. 04:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Let's see, last November I began posting warnings about the mREIT sector and advised selling all mREIT stocks. In retrospect, I would say I hit the nail squarely on the head.
    Jan 25, 2014. 04:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    We will have to wait and see, but my GUESS is that AGNC will see $15 before $25 and over the next several quarters there will be additional dividend cuts.
    Jan 25, 2014. 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VOC Energy Trust: A Forecast Of Future Distributions [View article]
    What would be the effect of rising oil prices over the remaining life of the trust?
    Jan 25, 2014. 09:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Time To Buy Western Asset Mortgage Capital [View article]
    It may have paid a great dividend, but the underlying stock price has dropped from $24 to the $14's.
    Jan 24, 2014. 03:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Valuation: Why Best Buy's Stock Is Worth $49 [View article]
    My guess is that Best Buy will emulate Circuit City.
    Jan 23, 2014. 01:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 3 Monthly Dividend Stocks For A Roth IRA [View article]
    You are referring to UBTI for MLPs. You are not taxed until the total UBTI (not distributions) in the account totals at least $1000.
    Jan 22, 2014. 04:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 3 Monthly Dividend Stocks For A Roth IRA [View article]
    Assume you mean BDC's. You can get an excellent handle on BDC values by reading the metrics presented on SA by Factoids.
    Jan 22, 2014. 11:41 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 3 Monthly Dividend Stocks For A Roth IRA [View article]
    Good overall strategy, particularly including VNR.

You might want to re-visit PSEC though. Third quarter NII failed to cover the dividend, fourth quarter and first quarter 2014 are not expected to cover the dividend either. Better BDC's out there now.
    Jan 22, 2014. 10:31 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PIMCO's Strategic Global Government Common Fund Is Now A Buy [View article]
    Being semi-retired I have a longer term outlook. Midstream MLP's, some CEF's, a few BDC's and the like.

I just have a general prejudice about paying more for a CEF than its NAV.
    Jan 21, 2014. 11:02 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PIMCO's Strategic Global Government Common Fund Is Now A Buy [View article]
    I too look for an 8% yield (or better) on CEF's.

As far as RCS is concerned, there are (to me) significant negatives: 1) high leverage as you mention - good in a bull market, bad in a bear; 2) I don't pay a premium for CEF's. If RCS were to drop below its low premium level or 4% it might be more attractive; 3) the 1.55% expense ratio is quite high.

It is a good one to keep an eye on though.
    Jan 21, 2014. 10:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • NGL Energy Partners: Price Is Wrong, Growth Is Right [View article]
    NGL is an MLP. As such, the financials that matter are not revenues and EPS, but DCF, the coverage ratio and CAGR.

Seeing no mention of these metrics, your information is questionable at best.
    Jan 20, 2014. 06:22 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Just Energy Group: This Growing Utility Yields Over 10%, Paid Monthly [View article]
    Jonathan -

All of the data in the Financials and Performance part of your article are quite negative, yet in your Conclusion you state that you "believe" the dividend to be safe. What is the data-backed basis for this statement.

I follow JE and wouldn't touch it.
    Jan 19, 2014. 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Triangle Capital Suffers From Repayments: But Is It An Opportunity? [View article]
    I did read that. The potential for higher dividends is there based upon their NII by itself.
    Jan 18, 2014. 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment