Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ram Power: An Asymmetric Bet On Green Energy [View article]
    Well, at least the downside is only $.03.
    Jun 11, 2014. 09:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Seabridge Gold's Dirt, Dirt-Cheap And Buy It Now [View article]
    Guess he is not going to respond.
    Jun 10, 2014. 03:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is DryShips Finally On The Road To Recovery? [View article]
    NMM has never cut their distribution; however it has only been raised once in the past 12 quarters.
    Jun 10, 2014. 03:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Seabridge Gold's Dirt, Dirt-Cheap And Buy It Now [View article]
    Life changing?

It would appear that all three points under "Why Buy Now" are couched in potentially questionable terms - "expects to receive", "expects to receive" and "engaged in talks".

What are the odds of points 1. and 2. occurring? If either approval is turned down it could be the ball game for SA.

What is your downside if any, or all of your three points do not come to fruition?
    Jun 10, 2014. 01:34 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is DryShips Finally On The Road To Recovery? [View article]
    NMM is not coming close to covering their div. SFL is even a better choice.
    Jun 9, 2014. 03:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A New High-Dividend Stock With Strong Future Dividend And Cash Flow Growth [View article]
    smurf -

Zero, I have owned it for two quarters now.
    Jun 9, 2014. 09:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Plug Power: Worth $1.76 Per Share [View article]
    I have no assumptions about PLUG - do not own it and never had.

Just read the article as a point of interest and found it to be lacking.
    Jun 6, 2014. 10:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Plug Power: Worth $1.76 Per Share [View article]
    Regardless of the author's valuation, the article lacks any real factual information with which to back his assumptions. Pretty easy to say "I assume this", "I assume that". Pure supposition.

This article is a prime reason why there needs to be close reviews made by the SA editors prior to acceptance.
    Jun 5, 2014. 02:15 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Eagles Dare? [View article]
    If you own it in an IRA there should be no withholding.
    Jun 4, 2014. 12:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Eagles Dare? [View article]
    Don't think one can compare Argent with Eagle.
    Jun 4, 2014. 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Capstone Infrastructure: 3 Different Insiders Have Purchased Shares During The Last 30 Days [View article]
    Looks like you made a good choice - maybe I will get the opportunity also.
    Jun 4, 2014. 11:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tom-

I also see a big drop in price between April 2011 and December 2011 (from the $8's to the $3's).

I do not "follow" technical's when trading. I do however look at longer term trends and gaps - that's as far as it goes.

It is interesting to note that MCQPF has gaps at $3.95, $3.72, $3.67 and $3.56. Sometimes these can be used to establish limit orders.

I would consider buying some in the $3.60's, but that may not happen.
    Jun 4, 2014. 10:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Tom-

When I look at Capstone's history I see a stock that periodically takes a big dive.

As I mentioned I have been looking at it a little closer of late. I am attracted far more by the current P/S, P/B, revenue and earnings increases than by a few folks buying a few shares. Not exactly enthralled by the debt/equity ratio, but it is a utility.

Looking back, on Jan 22, 2012, MCQPF was trading at $4.17 and paying $.075 quarterly (according to Yahoo Finance). That equates to an annual yield of 7.19%.

The stock seems to be stuck in the $3.50 - $4.00 range for about 2 1/2 years - I'll wait for a little better breakout myself.
    Jun 4, 2014. 09:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Tom-

The float is over 96 million shares. We do not know the circumstances of this "intensive" buying of just over 15K shares.

You might want to look more at their fundamentals before buying.

Incidentally, I follow MCQPF myself, and the last thing I would look at is insignificant insider buying. Now if it was a million shares it might be meaningful.
    Jun 3, 2014. 07:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment