Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Prospect Capital: A 12% Yield Backed By Strong Loan Originations [View article]
    I have owned PSEC in the past, but have recently sold the position. Few of the BDC's look really good going forward at this time.

Factoids provides the best analysis of the BDC asset class of anyone on SA.

I have cut my BDC positions to one - TCPC, and about the only one I am looking to add to my portfolio would be MCC.
    Jan 15, 2014. 12:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Target: Bad News Equals Buy Window [View article]
    Never been either long or short TGT.

Just common sense - they are in a mess.
    Jan 13, 2014. 04:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Target: Bad News Equals Buy Window [View article]
    Well, I guess the cashiers know what they are talking about - NOT. Their jobs will be at stake - what would you expect them to say.

Seems to me the Target mess began in the early Fall and they chose to not mention it for two months.
    Jan 13, 2014. 04:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Target: Bad News Equals Buy Window [View article]
    By the time this mess is over and the lawsuits get settled, I believe that Target will be on the ropes, fighting for survival, and stock wise, in the same boat with JCP.
    Jan 13, 2014. 02:07 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Resource Partners: One Response To The Distribution Cut [View article]
    There are many midstream MLP's that have increasing DCF, good coverage ratios, decent CAGR's and high projected total returns. No reason whatsoever to invest in NRP, which is iffy at best going forward.
    Jan 13, 2014. 09:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Two High Yielders To Buy On Dismal Jobs Report [View article]
    OHI has closed higher each day since the downgrades.
    Jan 12, 2014. 09:52 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Has Bottomed: Multiple Reasons To Buy [View article]
    PMT is an mREIT - performance wise a much better one than either AGNC or NLY of late.

AGNC has declined in price from the $33 level to $20, and the dividend has declined from $1.40/Q to $.80/Q with at least one further cut coming.

PMT's dividend has INCREASED from $.35/Q to $.59/Q.

Y'all just keep buying AGNC and NLY. Despite the fact that PMT has a superior return, I am not buying it here because it is an mREIT.
    Jan 11, 2014. 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Has Bottomed: Multiple Reasons To Buy [View article]
    They know who they are.
    Jan 10, 2014. 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Has Bottomed: Multiple Reasons To Buy [View article]
    You mREIT fanatics might look at PMT. Raised the dividend from $.57 to $.59.

But I guess 10% is not a high enough yield for you yield chasers.
    Jan 10, 2014. 01:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Northern Offshore: Improved Revenue Visibility Can Trigger More Than 55% Upside [View article]
    You fail to mention the dividends paid by Northern. Are you aware of this?
    Jan 9, 2014. 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • For These 2 REITs, The Best Offense May Be A Good Defense [View article]
    A little advice - sell NLY and buy O.
    Jan 6, 2014. 02:47 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Nuveen Real Asset Income And Growth Common Fund: You're Going To Need It [View article]
    Like JRI as long as the market trends upward. With their heavy leverage a market correction will be magnified in their stock price.
    Jan 6, 2014. 12:26 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The One mREIT That Will Easily Rise In 2014 [View article]
    I don't know about Bruce but writers like Regarded Solutions and myself have been warning folks since the end of November 2012.
    Jan 2, 2014. 06:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The One mREIT That Will Easily Rise In 2014 [View article]
    I have no idea what it is going to take for the mREIT crowd to wise up. For over a year now they have watched as their dividends have been cut, book values declined and principal has been destroyed.

My guess is that in 2014 we will see a few of the larger ones hit the bankruptcy button as they did in 2008.
    Jan 2, 2014. 06:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Crank Up Your Portfolio's Yield With This Rock Star Fund [View article]
    Where do I say anything about my methodology being "flawless"?

Didn't mean to hurt your precious feelings.
    Dec 31, 2013. 10:07 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment