Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • BlackRock EcoSolutions: Offers A 9% Distribution Yield At A 13% Discount [View article]
    The same group that claims to have discovered global warming has now reversed course, so she has nothing to worry about.
    Jan 28, 2014. 05:33 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tell your wife not to worry. If you study climatology you will see that from time to time temperatures go up and they go down - sometimes for several years at a time.

Global warming is a figment of the government's vivid imagination.

On the subject of BQR, it holds several interesting positions - particularly water utilities and infrastructure stocks. This is an area of real concern.
    Jan 28, 2014. 09:44 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Buy REITs Like Sir John Templeton [View article]
    Another great article Brad. Like your investment heroes, but can't understand Trump being on the list.

He did it all with Daddy's money, and, if I am not mistaken has gone bankrupt at least twice. His only claim to being any type of role model would be his hairstyle.
    Jan 27, 2014. 10:11 AM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency: The Bottom Is Here And Risk Is To The Upside [View article]
    That is November 2012.
    Jan 26, 2014. 07:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chris -

I guess if you turn out to be correct in your assessment I could, at the very least compliment you on your call.
    Jan 26, 2014. 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chris -

Interesting, but I would not put any money on it.
    Jan 26, 2014. 10:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ...and I believe that Chris (the author) will confirm this.
    Jan 25, 2014. 05:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    See my above comment and then tell me about guessing.
    Jan 25, 2014. 04:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Let's see, last November I began posting warnings about the mREIT sector and advised selling all mREIT stocks. In retrospect, I would say I hit the nail squarely on the head.
    Jan 25, 2014. 04:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    We will have to wait and see, but my GUESS is that AGNC will see $15 before $25 and over the next several quarters there will be additional dividend cuts.
    Jan 25, 2014. 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VOC Energy Trust: A Forecast Of Future Distributions [View article]
    What would be the effect of rising oil prices over the remaining life of the trust?
    Jan 25, 2014. 09:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Time To Buy Western Asset Mortgage Capital [View article]
    It may have paid a great dividend, but the underlying stock price has dropped from $24 to the $14's.
    Jan 24, 2014. 03:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Valuation: Why Best Buy's Stock Is Worth $49 [View article]
    My guess is that Best Buy will emulate Circuit City.
    Jan 23, 2014. 01:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 3 Monthly Dividend Stocks For A Roth IRA [View article]
    You are referring to UBTI for MLPs. You are not taxed until the total UBTI (not distributions) in the account totals at least $1000.
    Jan 22, 2014. 04:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 3 Monthly Dividend Stocks For A Roth IRA [View article]
    Assume you mean BDC's. You can get an excellent handle on BDC values by reading the metrics presented on SA by Factoids.
    Jan 22, 2014. 11:41 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment