Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What Do I Do With My Stocks If The Market Crashes? Part 1 [View article]
    Chuck - I have tracked the prices of hundreds of stocks and CEF's from the market top on Oct. 9, 2007 to the bottom on Mar. 9, 2009. Only Wal-Mart increased in value over that period.

I feel it is very likely based on the world scenario that the next big drop will take the DOW below 6000. There is no place to hide in such a scenario, except perhaps something like LAG.

Perhaps you have some others?
    Mar 20, 2014. 06:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Closer Look At North Atlantic Drilling's Opportunity In The Arctic [View article]
    Would like to know. I forgot about some NATDF shares with Schwab and they will not allow it.
    Mar 20, 2014. 04:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Conversion date has passed.
    Mar 20, 2014. 02:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brazil Resources: A Gold And Uranium Double Play [View article]
    "The time to purchase inflation hedges such as gold mining stocks is now, before the rest of the investment herd belatedly tries to muscle in on the action and boosts their prices."

When will you be taking a position?
    Mar 20, 2014. 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This 7% Yielding Oil And Natural Gas Producer Deserves The Attention Of Income Investors [View article]
    When will you be selling LINE and buying PGH?
    Mar 19, 2014. 02:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Love My 'Magic Pants' And My Partners Wear Them Proudly [View article]
    It seems to me that a new trend is present in SA articles, which I am sure is designed to add page views.

Have seen an increasing number of articles penned to refute specific articles written by other authors.

I think this is now happening to you Chuck.
    Mar 19, 2014. 11:26 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REIT Focus: Associated Estates Realty Corporation [View article]
    So AEC is over-priced, yet you are neither long nor short. And your point in writing this article is?
    Mar 18, 2014. 11:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: The Next Great Growth Area [View article]
    My comment was for samurai.
    Mar 17, 2014. 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: The Next Great Growth Area [View article]
    .. and I'll bet you also believe in global warming.
    Mar 17, 2014. 08:16 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Caledonia Mining Is Too Cheap To Ignore [View article]
    It always helps to know when folks have skin in the game. Thanks.
    Mar 15, 2014. 06:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Caledonia Mining Is Too Cheap To Ignore [View article]
    Please let us know when you plan to put your own money into play on this one.
    Mar 15, 2014. 05:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dozen Energy Stocks Worthy Of Your Portfolio [View article]
    CHKR, SDR and PER are all finite life trusts and none of them come even close to being a good investment. All are falling way short of their target distributions, and in case you haven't noticed are falling in price also. One year after the required number of wells are drilled they no longer have to meet subordinated threshold level for distributions.

Articles like this, written by authors whom haven't a clue about the type of companies they write about are very dangerous to readers.
    Mar 14, 2014. 10:30 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Closed-End Funds: The Best Way To Play An Elevated Stock Market [View article]
    None whatsoever.
    Mar 14, 2014. 09:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    JGT pays its dividends in the currencies of the companies that it owns. Therefore you gain exposure to foreign currencies through the exchange rate when the dividend is credited to your account.

I don't think this guy has a lot of knowledge in this area.
    Mar 14, 2014. 09:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    21% of CEN's holdings consist of El Paso, Kinder Morgan and Boardwalk. No wonder you do not own it.
    Mar 13, 2014. 09:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment