Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Crank Up Your Portfolio's Yield With This Rock Star Fund [View article]
    I don't think there is anything "relative" about paying more for a stock than it is worth. Buying NCZ here is no different than paying $1.06 for a quart of milk with a retail price of $1.00.
    Dec 31, 2013. 10:00 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crank Up Your Portfolio's Yield With This Rock Star Fund [View article]
    Does it not bother you that NCZ is trading at about a 6% premium to NAV - it should.
    Dec 31, 2013. 09:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Consider Emerging Market Stocks In 2014 [View article]
    And you will be taking positions in emerging market stocks when?
    Dec 30, 2013. 11:03 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil & Gas Royalty Trusts - Opportunities Or Value Traps? [View article]
    That's what I thought. Have owned several perpetual trusts over the years - think that DMLP is about the best of the bunch since they can expand operations.
    Dec 29, 2013. 09:19 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil & Gas Royalty Trusts - Opportunities Or Value Traps? [View article]
    Petrobras?
    Dec 29, 2013. 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil & Gas Royalty Trusts - Opportunities Or Value Traps? [View article]
    And you are saying what?
    Dec 29, 2013. 02:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dynagas LNG Partners LP: A Dynamite Investment? [View article]
    I'd like to learn more about your favorite MLP's, but it appears that I have to pay for it.
    Dec 27, 2013. 03:12 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A 10.6% Yielding Energy Issue For Your Income Portfolio [View article]
    I note that you do not own any of the stocks that you write about. Do you ever intend to hold any of them?
    Dec 27, 2013. 10:31 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Yielding Kinder Morgan Should Yield More Soon [View article]
    Unfortunately, the author doesn't seem to have a clue about the relationship between KMI and KMP.

Useless blather.
    Dec 26, 2013. 12:47 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014: The Case For 'Reverse Rotation' Into Bond CEFs [View article]
    None of the taxable bond funds in your table are even close to the 52 week low discount to NAV.

Would avoid any of these until the discounts approach the 52 week lows.
    Dec 25, 2013. 10:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Protected Principal Retirement Strategy: Preliminary Portfolio Re-Balancing [View article]
    Thanks, too many folks have forgotten what CHRISTmas is really about.

I have looked at UIT's a bit, but I have enough trouble keeping up with stocks.
    Dec 23, 2013. 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Projecting The Upcoming Dividends For MORL And MORT [View article]
    Just guessing that many of the mREIT crowd have been hitting the Christmas kool aid early.
    Dec 23, 2013. 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Best Idea For 2014: Newcastle Investment, An 'Aging' REIT [View article]
    Thanks, I owned NCT for a while about a year back and did well with it. Will wait a quarter or so before getting back in - NII is important to me.
    Dec 22, 2013. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    As I mentioned in a prior reply, some folks are not bothered by ROC and some are. You can find a lot of articles on SA addressing it.

My name is Bob; I just use akaralph as a screen name. My first Golden Retriever was named Ralph and he was a great dog, so I decided to use his name.
    Dec 22, 2013. 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Best Idea For 2014: Newcastle Investment, An 'Aging' REIT [View article]
    Does it bother you that NCT's NII is not as yet covering the $.10 dividend?
    Dec 22, 2013. 09:58 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment