Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Medallion Financial: Unwarranted Drop Creates A Buying Opportunity [View article]
    Please let us know when you purchase TAXI.
    Aug 13 03:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Retail Investors About To Get Fleeced Again [View article]
    Aside from stating the obvious, the purpose of this article? is?
    Aug 11 09:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SandRidge Permian Trust: Solid Results, Fairly Valued [View article]
    Thanks to all of the distributions received, my original buy price has been reduced to the mid-$14's. Was also fortunate to write a few covered calls, but decent premiums no longer exist. So, at this point I think my alternatives are about played out.

The lesson to be learned is to stick with perpetual trusts such as CRT, PBT, SJT etc.
    Aug 10 06:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons Why Falcon Has Huge Upside Potential [View article]
    At least the downside is only fifteen cents.
    Aug 7 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Wrong To Take A Position In A Stock And Then Write About It On Seeking Alpha? [View article]
    Luciom -

Therein lies the problem.
    Aug 7 08:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hess' MLP Will Unleash Even More Shareholder Value [View article]
    As of right now I do not think you are missing anything relative to the MLP IPO's. A year down the road, who knows?
    Aug 6 03:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    You say:

"Trading first and then writing an article designed to push the stock in the direction of your trade is not front running."

Then you go on to say:

"Investors who publish articles about stocks they have positions in are not front running."

Perhaps you mean the same thing in both statements, in which case what you say in your article is sound. However, if you mean these statements literally, then I believe you have a problem.

If you or I have owned a stock for some period of time and then decide that it's merits warrant an article that is fine. Unfortunately, there are some (like me) that would object to a person buying a stock in the morning and then deciding "oh, I think I'll write an article this afternoon".

I believe there is far too much of the latter scenario going on, particularly in the incredible number of penny stock articles being written on SA of late.
    Aug 6 03:10 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hess' MLP Will Unleash Even More Shareholder Value [View article]
    Michael -

If you note, I alluded to the "current group of clowns", not any one particular person (but he is one too). I am talking about Repubs and Dems alike - they are all in it now to advance their own interests.

So I guess it didn't take much to blame Bush - heck everybody does. Perhaps some day before the 2016 elections, the current resident of the WH will take some responsibility for his own mess.

I remain concerned about the recent splurge in MLP IPO's - while I don't think DC will do anything near term (they have trouble finding their way home), the large number of new ones might draw someone's attention (if they remain awake).
    Aug 5 07:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hess' MLP Will Unleash Even More Shareholder Value [View article]
    Michael -

Current administration and oil shale:

I understand the Sage Grouse is very good eating.
    Aug 5 12:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hess' MLP Will Unleash Even More Shareholder Value [View article]
    Michael -

I don't think they will either, but with the current group of clowns who knows?
    Aug 5 10:13 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hess' MLP Will Unleash Even More Shareholder Value [View article]
    The latter.
    Aug 5 09:31 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hess' MLP Will Unleash Even More Shareholder Value [View article]
    Michael -

I have owned MLP's for about ten years now.

Was wondering if you are getting as concerned as I am with the growing number of MLP IPO's over the past three or so years?
    Aug 5 08:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vanguard Natural Resources: Hunt Oil Asset Acquisition Will Boost Monthly Distributions [View article]
    Pretty "much", not might.
    Aug 4 05:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Looks like coverage of only 0.90X this quarter. Pretty might a mirror of last quarter at first glance.
    Aug 4 05:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    alschroed -

She is extremely aggressive with her projections. Writes off increased distributions to "additional transactions" - easy to say.

Over the past two quarters, VNR's DCF has actually declined from $53M to $42M and $41M. It has been a few quarters since VNR has covered the distribution. MRQ's coverage ratio was only 0.80X.

Will be interesting to see how things went for them last quarter when they release earnings after the market close today. I will settle for VNR getting back to a coverage ratio >1.0X.

I too have been long VNR for several years so I have no reason to bash the company.
    Aug 4 12:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment