Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
  • MarkWest Energy Partners Is A Perfect Income Growth Play [View article]
    MWE is 60% fee-based.

When are you going to buy MWE?
    Feb 28, 2015. 11:08 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ecopetrol Could Be The Hidden Bull Of Big Oil [View article]
    Austin-

Being truthful is good, and appreciated.

When I was an active SA writer I presented the facts on various companies, the idea being to stimulate folks to do their own research and not act on the whims of what SA authors publish. Therefore, I never recommended buying a stock, nor did I put a target price on one either.

You have presented some very good information but then set a target of $22 by 3/31 and $60 for the long term. Being located in Columbia, EC is a very risky investment since the country is a known location for drug cartels and terrorists (FARC). One incident could easily tank EC.

If you are going to set targets, at least present the financial data necessary to establish such prices.
    Feb 27, 2015. 04:10 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ecopetrol Could Be The Hidden Bull Of Big Oil [View article]
    Once again I will ask - why do you not own it?
    Feb 27, 2015. 12:21 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ONEOK Partners: 2015 Will Prove To Be A Challenging Year [View article]
    Albert-

I have a small position in OKS, one which I entered primarily because they are 77% fee-based and an investment quality midstream MLP.

While I see that most are trimming CAPEX and reducing forecasts, I am willing to accept a distribution increase that will be in the range of $.09 - $.16 in 2015.

Will consider adding a bit to my position if the price drops much below $40.
    Feb 26, 2015. 11:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • American Midstream Partners LP: Be Cautious, Yield Moths! [View article]
    richandmer-

Some of us have been investing in individual MLP's for over a decade and prefer to make our own choices.

You might want to look at some of the closed-end fund MLP options also.
    Feb 24, 2015. 04:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Midstream Partners LP: Be Cautious, Yield Moths! [View article]
    With the exception of Q2 of 2014, AMID's coverage ratio has been well above 1.00X. Their debt/EBITDA ratio is about 1.90X - excellent for a midstream.

Feb 24, 2015. 02:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Midstream Partners LP: Be Cautious, Yield Moths! [View article]
    As holder of a small position in AMID I will wait until their release on 3/9 to decide on whether or not to add; don't need to subscribe to the author's newsletters to figure things out.
    Feb 24, 2015. 02:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Preliminary Review Of Energy Transfer Partners' Q4 2014 Results [View article]
    Ron-

Good article. The numbers do not compare very well with these:

Feb 24, 2015. 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    caperdory-

ETP is 75% fee-based.
    Feb 24, 2015. 12:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ONEOK - What Happened To The Dividend Growth? [View article]
    OKS is 77% fee-based and I personally think they are sandbagging a bit. A 3% to 5% growth in the distribution would take it to $3.25 - $3.32.

I have a small position and will be holding - possibly adding under $40.
    Feb 24, 2015. 11:33 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Big Bad Boy Dividend Dogs Bust 15.87% To 57.59% February Upsides [View article]
    Is the author buying any of these? A lot of cute word interplay, but what does it all mean?
    Feb 24, 2015. 09:32 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Catch This Falling Knife [View article]
    Harm-

You notice the author does not own it.
    Feb 23, 2015. 09:55 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Euronav: New Kid In Town Becoming Analysts' Best Pick Among Crude Tanker Plays [View article]
    Sorry, not seeing any dividends being paid. Am I missing something?
    Feb 20, 2015. 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • DGI Retirees Buy When Others Are Fearful: Oil Bottom Or Value Trap? [View article]
    George-

See my comment above (2/15 @ 10:06 AM).
    Feb 20, 2015. 12:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Awilco Drilling - Best Of A Bad Bunch? [View article]
    As with SDRL, RIG etc. Awilco's dividend will not be sustainable. If one of their units is taken out of service for an extended period of time, they will be in deep doo-doo.

Why do you not own it?