Akaralph

View Akaralph's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Fed Stands Pat, Stocks And Income In The FTG Retiree Portfolio Soar To Record Heights [View article]
    George-

Sorry, but you are not.
    Aug 1, 2015. 11:35 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    George-

I am quite serious George. When I was writing for SA I never, ever recommended that anyone buy any stock that I discussed. My advice was for them to do their DD.

The problem with SA is that their are too many "experts" writing, most of whom don't know diddly - they are here to try to make a little extra money from page views.

A few year ago, SA was interesting and informative, now there are probably about two handfuls of writers worth reading.
    Jul 31, 2015. 06:11 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    George-

I actually like a lot of your FTG portfolio.

I have the comments I made when you were implementing your crazy BBEP and LNCO/LINE strategy. Anyone whom was silly enough to keep buying these down lost a bunch of money (you included, from reviewing the dates on my comments).

If an author makes a recommendation (tells readers to buy or sell), then he/she is sure as hell responsible to give them a heads up when it is time to close the position. How do you think a broker operates?
    Jul 31, 2015. 03:50 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    market-

I might be wrong, but I do not remember him writing an article advising his followers to get out of BBEP and LINN/LNCO (hopefully he did).

I know his strategy was to continue buying both on drops. If anyone is still following this silly strategy, they are in one heck of a hole - one that is inescapable.
    Jul 31, 2015. 02:38 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retired Dividend Growth Investors Are Lulled Into A False Sense Of Security [View article]
    George-

Speaking of BBEP, LINE/LNCO could you put up the link to the article where you got your followers out of these without suffering tremendous losses?

As you might remember, I warned time and time again about distribution cuts and/or eliminations and that your strategy of continuing to buy the declines would lead to trouble.
    Jul 31, 2015. 12:34 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Memorial Production Partners Now Yields 20% [View article]
    Robert-

Looks like you are already underwater.
    Jul 27, 2015. 03:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Memorial Production Partners Now Yields 20% [View article]
    You will note that MEMP made a new 52 week low after the announcement. Owning any E&P MLP's automatically qualifies one for a visit to the head doctor.
    Jul 27, 2015. 01:57 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EXG: The Distribution Is Your Return [View article]
    In 2013, EXG returned 26% and in 2012 it returned 20%. Last year, the return dropped to 4.5%.
    Jul 25, 2015. 12:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Two Harbors' Diversity Should Protect It In A Volatile Interest Rate Environment [View article]
    Beg to differ, but I do not think there is such a thing as a SWAN mREIT.
    Jul 24, 2015. 06:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Historical Dividend Growth Has Mattered Little For Recent HCP Investors [View article]
    I think I smell a short coming on.
    Jul 24, 2015. 11:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Crescent Point Is Starting To Look Interesting [View article]
    Is all of that the result of currency?
    Jul 21, 2015. 03:29 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crescent Point Is Starting To Look Interesting [View article]
    Praveen-

What are you looking at?

Jul 21, 2015. 03:17 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crescent Point Is Starting To Look Interesting [View article]
    CPG is an E&P that is not coming anywhere close to covering the dividend, which has been slowly declining since 6/2014.
    Jul 21, 2015. 12:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Crestwood Midstream Partners Isn't As Stable As You Think [View article]
    You are aware that CMLP is being absorbed by its GP, CEQP, aren't you?
    Jul 21, 2015. 11:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy - Buy When There's Blood In The Streets [View article]
    Perhaps we should wait until there are dry bones in the street.

IMO, buying any of the E&P MLP's is pure foolishness. More distribution cuts (elimination) coming for all of them.
    Jul 20, 2015. 10:32 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment