- Description: Newsletter author.
- Interests: Bonds, Dividend stock ideas & income, ETFs, REITs, Stocks - long, Stocks - short
Invest On Your Own, but Not Alone
If you are investing on your own, you probably do so for some of the following reasons:
- *You enjoy it
- *You recognize how much money you can save by avoiding high fees charged by brokers or funds
- *You do not want your purchases and sales to be lumped into large orders that affect the price
- *You do not want to be "just another client"
- *You do not want your investment manager to stick you in a "style box"
- *You want to retain some control over your investments
We agree with all of these points, but we also recognize the challenges for the DIY investor, especially when he or she doesn"t have the time to listen to conference calls, read tons of magazines, review SEC filings, understand both technical and fundamental analysis and know about all of the factors that affect a company or its industry. We are offering "Invest By Model" as a tool to help the DIY investor leverage our expertise and avoid some of the pitfalls of investing alone.
The Invest By Model Advantages
*Lack of Conflicts of Interest: We get paid whether you act or not - no churn
*No Discrimination Against the Wealthy or the Future Wealthy: Only in the asset management business are fees based on the wallet size. At Invest By Model, you pay just a flat $20 per month per model and receive additions, deletions and position size changes plus research and access to a blog devoted to real-time coverage of names in the model.
*You Retain All Control: We help inform you, but you make the call
*Accountability: It is easy to say "buy this" or "sell that", but our models will be judged daily relative to the return on the market
*Full Disclosure: We post all of our holdings daily on our corporate website and will always disclose our positions when we submit research or make a model change. You will find that we own many of the stocks in our models, and you should be encouraged by this conviction.
Models Currently Offered
We currently offer 2 different models:
*Conservative Growth/Balanced: The Conservative Growth/Balanced Model Portfolio is a long-only portfolio designed with sustainability in mind. We invest in a portfolio of companies with strong balance sheets, fair valuation, strong management and a history of dividend growth as well as investment grade fixed-income. The portfolio is benchmarked against an index of 60% stocks and 40% bonds. This model can maintain cash balances as high as 45% in order to protect capital.
*Top 20: The Top 20 Model Portfolio is a long-only portfolio representing out best ideas. It remains fully invested and is limited to domestic individual stocks of all market capitalizations
- All caps or not, you aren't... on Did Dixie Narc On Medical Marijuana, Inc. To Th...
- Again, some naysayer, I am ... on Did Dixie Narc On Medical Marijuana, Inc. To Th...
- I don't think contacting th... on Did Dixie Narc On Medical Marijuana, Inc. To Th...
- Here are the slides: http:/... on TRTC CEO Interview
- I always watch the replay a... on TRTC CEO Interview
- jargon1 on Did Dixie Narc On Medical Marijuana, Inc. To Th...
- Alan Brochstein on Did Dixie Narc On Medical Marijuana, Inc. To Th...
- gasbag82 on GW Pharma: Capitalizing On Cannabis Science
- Rumpel Pumpel on GW Pharma: Capitalizing On Cannabis Science
- geeker on Did Dixie Narc On Medical Marijuana, Inc. To Th...