View as an RSS Feed
View Alan Brochstein, CFA's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, ABCO, ACF, ADY, AGG, AGN, AINV, ALGT, AMBC, AMJ, ANF, ANTM, APH, APOG, ARCC, ATX, AVP, AVTC, B, BFAM, BGFV, BIZD, BJRI, BKCC, BKE, CAH, CANN, CBG, CBIS, CE, CFR, CHS, CHSI, CLRK, CPN, CSCO, CSCX, CSL, CVD, CVX, DORM, DRIV, EDE, EES, EGOV, ELY, ENRT, ENV, EPAX, ESRX, EWRS, EWSM, EZPW, FLIR, FRTD, FSC, FULL, GAIN, GE, GLD, GLYT, GM, GMCR, GNI, GNTX, GOOG, GTY, GWPH, HAS, HEMP, HRL, HTGC, HWCC, IJR, IRG, ISRG, ITW, IWC, IWM, IYH, JCP, KCAP, LNCR, LOW, MAIN, MAKO, MASI, MATK, MCF, MCGC, MCIG, MFLX, MIDD, MJNA, MLI, MW, MYGN, NATI, NTAP, OPTN, ORN, OUTR, PAG, PANW, PBI, PCP, PHOT, PLPC, PLPL, PMCB, PNNT, PPDI, PRIM, PSEC, PSMT, QQQ, RAVN, RRGB, RTIX, SCVL, SDY, SHFL, SLRC, SOX, SPY, SRDX, SRNA, STJ, SWI, SYNO, TCAP, THO, TICC, TITN, TLT, TRLG, TRTC, TST, TUES, TXRH, UA, ULTA, UNFI, VOLC, WCG, WFM, WIRE, WMT, WSM, WTW, XLE, XLF, XLG, XLK, XLP, XLY, YELP
Capitalizing On Cannabis: An Interview With Surna CEO Tom Bollich
- Surna is an equipment manufacturer focused on the cannabis industry.
- CEO Tom Bollich was a co-founder of Zynga.
- The company's products aim to reduce energy consumption costs.
Capitalizing On Cannabis: A Dark Cloud Lingers
- The SEC has suspended 10 cannabis-related companies since March.
- Following a suspension, companies are automatically relegated to the Grey Market.
- The process to escape the Grey Market is difficult and fundamentally flawed.
- The fear of an SEC suspension continues to haunt investors in the sector.
The Story Behind The Marijuana Investment Story No One's Telling
- BDC Full Circle Capital is tied to a marijuana-related company.
- A recent email solicitation by an investment newsletter suggested that the stock is undervalued.
- The pitch fails to take into account recent negative news about the marijuana-related company.
- FULL now trades at a substantial premium to its NAV.
SEC Suspends Fortitude Group Yet Cannabis Stocks Rally
- FINRA and the SEC have been actively policing cannabis stocks.
- Fortitude Group was the 8th suspension since early March.
- The company issued a bold press release earlier in the week that likely triggered the suspension.
- Unlike recent suspensions, the market shook off the Fortitude Group's.
Medical Marijuana, Inc. Prepares To Spit Out Canchew Biotechnologies
- MJNA has quietly prepared to spin out a subsidiary, Canchew Biotechnologies.
- Canchew Biotechnologies has failed to gain traction with its lead product.
- The transaction is unlikely to create value for MJNA shareholders.
Capitalizing On Cannabis: Key Addition To GrowLife Management Team Solidifies Story
- GrowLife is an early leader benefiting from the build-out of legal cannabis cultivation facilities.
- Following the joint venture with CANX USA LLC, 3 talented independent directors have joined the Board of Directors.
- The addition of President Marco Hegyi in late 2013 brings additional skill sets and an intense focus on business processes and new business models.
- GrowLife, with its strong management team, access to capital and solid business model, is capturing investor attention as the market transitions from the black market to legal cannabis.
Capitalizing On Cannabis: An Interview With Robert McAllister, CEO Of Enertopia
- The Canadian medical marijuana rules are undergoing a significant change.
- Enertopia is attempting to capitalize by investing in cannabis growers.
- Enertopia CEO Robert McAllister shares his perspective.
- Capitalizing On Cannabis: High Returns Yet Again
- Capitalizing On Cannabis: Marijuana Investing Moves To Main Street
- Capitalizing On Cannabis: Mountains Of Money Amassing For Marijuana Investment
- Capitalizing On Cannabis: Key Considerations For Cannabis Stock Investors
- Capitalizing On Cannabis: Don't Get Caught In A 'Green Crush'
- Looking To 2014: Don't Sell SPY Without Considering This Indicator
- Capitalizing On Cannabis: A Volatile Month Caps A Wild Year In The Sector
- Capitalizing On Cannabis: An Interview With Robert Frichtel, CEO Of Advanced Cannabis Solutions
- Did Dixie Narc On Medical Marijuana, Inc. To The SEC?
- Capitalizing On Cannabis: New Leaders Emerge From A Cloud Of Pink Smoke
- Medical Marijuana, Inc: Definitely A Dope Opera
- GW Pharma: Capitalizing On Cannabis Science
- Middleby Finds Yet Another Growth Driver
- Capitalizing On Cannabis: Some Sizzle In The Sector
- A Hole In Carlisle Companies' Earnings Could Lead To Buy Opportunity
- Capitalizing On Cannabis: An Interview With Paul Rosenberg, CEO Of MCig
- Capitalizing On Cannabis: Many Prices Aren't Right Despite The 'Green Light'
- Capitalizing On Cannabis: Divergence Among The Pot Stocks
- Apogee Enterprises: Long-Term Thesis Intact Despite Soft Quarter
- Capitalizing On Cannabis: An Interview With Sterling Scott, CEO Of GrowLife
- Capitalizing On Cannabis: An Interview With Derek Peterson, CEO Of Terra Tech
- Chico's FAS Attracts Activist Investor Cliff Robbins
- Medical Marijuana Inc. To Launch New Products
- Plandaí Biotechnology: Avoid This Green Tea Fantasy
- Encore Wire: Doing Well Despite Tough Times