Alan Brochstein, CFA

View Alan Brochstein, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
AAPL, ABPI, ACET, ACF, ADY, AEO, AFL, AGCO, AGG, AGN, AKAM, ALGN, ALGT, ALTR, AMAT, AME, AMJ, AMRN, AMT, ANIK, ANN, APKT, APOG, ARCB, ARCC, ARO, ASFI, ATMI, ATX, AUXL, AVP, AVTC, AVX, AYR, B, BAC, BBBY, BBK, BBOX, BCPC, BEN, BFAM, BGFV, BH, BHE, BIZD, BIZM, BJRI, BKCC, BLPG, BNCC, BPO, BRCM, BRDT, BSET, BSX, BTH, BYI, CAG, CAH, CAKE, CANN, CANV, CAS, CATO, CBCAE, CBIS, CBRL, CCC, CDWC, CE, CENT, CFC, CFR, CHEF, CHS, CHSI, CLB, CLF, CLH, CLRK, CMG, CPRT, CREE, CRR, CRWS, CSCO, CSCX, CSH, CSL, CSS, CTL, CTSH, CVD, CVS, CVX, DAKT, DE, DFS, DGI, DGX, DIA, DKS, DMLP, DORM, DRIV, EA, EAPH, EDE, EES, ELY, ENRT, ENV, ESL, ESRX, EWRS, EWSM, EXAC, EXAS, EZPW, FAST, FCFS, FINL, FIO, FIVE, FL, FLIR, FLO, FNGN, FRAN, FRD, FRTD, FSC, FULL, FXE, GAIN, GCVRZ, GE, GEGSQ, GEOY, GLD, GLDD, GM, GMCR, GNI, GNTX, GOOG, GTAT, GTY, GWPH, HAS, HBIO, HEMP, HLF, HOLX, HP, HPQ, HRL, HRS, HURN, IIVI, IJR, IM, INFY, INGR, INTC, IR, IRG, ISRG, ITW, IWM, IYH, JCP, JNJ, JOSB, JPM, JW.A, KBALB, KCAP, KSWS, L, LAND, LAYN, LEDR, LEH, LIHR, LINE, LMNX, LNCO, LNKD, LOW, LQDT, LVB, MAKO, MASI, MAT, MATK, MBND, MCF, MCHP, MCIG, MDBX, MDT, MFLO, MFLX, MGT, MIDD, MJMD, MJNA, MKC, MLI, MMR, MNK, MPAA, MPR, MSFT, MSM, MW, MWW, NATI, NBY, NEM, NGVC, NICK, NTAP, NUVA, NVLX, NVT, OAS, OCLS, OHI, OMEX, OMI, ONTY, OPK, OPTN, ORB, ORN, OUTR, OXPS, PANW, PAYX, PBI, PCOM, PCP, PETS, PHOT, PLPC, PLPL, PNNT, PNR, POWR, PRIM, PSMT, PTNT, PTY, PWER, PXD, QCOM, QQQ, QUMU, RAVN, RDSMY, REZ, RMD, ROSE, ROVI, RRC, RRGB, RSH, RTIX, RTSX, SCVL, SD, SDRL, SDY, SEB, SFE, SHFL, SIG, SIRF, SIRI, SKF, SKX, SLXP, SMCI, SNY, SPY, SRC, SRE, STJ, STKL, SUNE, SURW, SWI, SYNO, TA, TARO, TCAP, TDG, TDW, TECD, THO, TIBX, TICC, TITN, TLT, TQQQ, TRLG, TRTC, TST, TUES, TWGP, TWI, TWM, TXN, TXRH, TYPE, UGHS, UHAL, ULTA, UNFI, UNXL, USNA, VAPE, VAR, VIFL, VMC, VMEM, VNO, VOLC, VRNG, VRTS, VSH, VZ, WAG, WBMD, WCG, WDAY, WFC, WFM, WIRE, WMS, WMT, WRLS, WSM, WSR, WTW, XEC, XLF, XLK, XLP, XLY, XOM, XONE, XUII, YELP, YHOO, ZINC, ZMH
  • Getting SLAPPed By Penny Stocks [View article]
    OK, like you said, neither you nor I are lawyers. Let's disagree on this one and see how it plays out. In any event, I wanted to be clear that there is a difference here. TRTC has always tolerated criticism in social media and on blogs to the best of my knowledge.
    Aug 20 06:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting SLAPPed By Penny Stocks [View article]

"Tortious interference is a common law tort allowing a claim for damages against a defendant who wrongfully interferes with the plaintiff's contractual or business relationships."

I guess it remains to be seen if the information was "true" or not, but the intent of these entities was to damage the company. The SA contributor did so for self-disclosed reasons of personal gain.
    Aug 20 04:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting SLAPPed By Penny Stocks [View article]
    I fully concur that companies shouldn't stifle constructive criticism. EAPH is just ridiculous, but FITX isn't the party involved. Rather, it is Randy Hamdan, who hasn't yet served you. On TRTC, I think you leave out a major point. The actions of a Seeking Alpha anonymous author as well as Norman Gates (AKA @laughinpaulryan) were clearly tortious interference. This is illegal, and I applaud TRTC for its efforts. These individuals/groups apparently sent material to government officials to discredit the company in an attempt to hurt the company's chances for zoning permits. None of these individuals or groups has any business whatsoever in Clark County. I am all for free speech, but this crosses the line in my opinion.

Don't be intimidated by bullies!
    Aug 20 02:49 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CannaVest Makes Big Non-Cash Profit And Terminates HempMedsPX [View article]
    It wouldn't surprise me if LLamas and gang are trying to screw CannaVest, which I hear wanted MJNA to pay up. I thought CannaVest was the preferred vehicle, but it's hard to tell (remember the $0.60 shares he got?). At this point, maybe the plan is to make MJNA work for him. How many shares does CannaBank own (and what percentage is that) lol?
    Aug 19 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CannaVest Makes Big Non-Cash Profit And Terminates HempMedsPX [View article]
    Rolling O, do you think that maybe MJNA has a contingency plan: http://www.endoca.com shows some "Raw CBD" products
    Aug 19 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CannaVest Makes Big Non-Cash Profit And Terminates HempMedsPX [View article]
    I was going to "like" your comment, but it is now a facebook like. Yes, as a contributor, I find the new regime to be less favorable to me.
    Aug 19 02:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In The Birth Of Canada's Medical Marijuana Industry [View article]
    Seriously, on CANV? They are in a dispute with their 90+% customer, can't get paid, aren't cashflow positive and have a boat-load of $1 shares coming unlocked.
    Aug 18 09:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CannaVest Makes Big Non-Cash Profit And Terminates HempMedsPX [View article]
    Nice job of clearing the smoke...
    Aug 18 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Think Hemp Inc. Is Soon Going Back Down To Under 10 Cents Per Share [View article]
    Not sure that there are any yet. There are a lot of hemp companies, but not publicly traded. It's not my focus in any event, as I focus on medical marijuana and legal marijuana
    Aug 17 01:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CEN Biotech: Survival Of The Fittest [View instapost]
    rise51, do you know the amount Delta 9 is permitted by license to sell? Bill C and team swung big with their application that permit up to 1.3mm lbs per year.
    Aug 17 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hemp - awesome. HEMP - not so much. Don't confuse this worthless penny stock with the commodity.
    Aug 16 08:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Medical Marijuana Stock: Organigram (OGI), A MMPR Licensed Producer, Scheduled To Go Public Late August [View instapost]
    Nice job!

Arsenault has several interviews on the web:

CannabisFN: http://bit.ly/1pPApGK

WeedStock Conference: http://bit.ly/1pPApX0
    Aug 14 11:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Medical Marijuana, Inc. Prepares To Spit Out Canchew Biotechnologies [View article]
    Do you think that this will benefit MJNA? It will cost $30mm or more to develop a HE drug. Where will they get that from?
    Aug 8 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Capitalizing On Cannabis: A Dark Cloud Lingers [View article]
    I was aware of Money Runners but not the others - these types of promoters are terrible. Glad to see the SEC cleaning up this sleazy part of the industry. My recollection was that these pumps didn't move the stock that much at the end, but I don't have full access to all the data. Perhaps they were doing stuff in early January - not sure. The fact that they were doing it on PHOT and HEMP doesn't implicate either company in my view - these appear to be activities of third parties.
    Aug 6 08:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Creative Edge Nutrition – Beneath The Surface [View instapost]
    Nice job, Samuel! Congrats on your first instablog!
    Aug 5 08:16 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment