Alan Brochstein, CFA

View Alan Brochstein, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
AAPL, ABPI, ACET, ACF, ADY, AEO, AFL, AGCO, AGG, AGN, AKAM, ALGN, ALGT, ALTR, AMAT, AME, AMJ, AMRN, AMT, ANIK, ANN, APKT, APOG, ARCB, ARCC, ARO, ASFI, ATMI, ATX, AUXL, AVP, AVTC, AVX, AYR, B, BAC, BBBY, BBK, BBOX, BCPC, BEN, BFAM, BGFV, BH, BHE, BIZD, BIZM, BJRI, BKCC, BLPG, BNCC, BPO, BRCM, BRDT, BSET, BSX, BTH, BYI, CAG, CAH, CAKE, CANN, CANV, CAS, CATO, CBCAE, CBIS, CBRL, CCC, CDWC, CE, CENT, CFC, CFR, CHEF, CHS, CHSI, CLB, CLF, CLH, CLRK, CMG, CPRT, CREE, CRR, CRWS, CSCO, CSCX, CSH, CSL, CSS, CTL, CTSH, CVD, CVS, CVX, DAKT, DE, DFS, DGI, DGX, DIA, DKS, DMLP, DORM, DRIV, EA, EAPH, EDE, EES, ELY, ENRT, ENV, ESL, ESRX, EWRS, EWSM, EXAC, EXAS, EZPW, FAST, FCFS, FINL, FIO, FIVE, FL, FLIR, FLO, FNGN, FRAN, FRD, FRTD, FSC, FULL, FXE, GAIN, GCVRZ, GE, GEGSQ, GEOY, GLD, GLDD, GM, GMCR, GNI, GNTX, GOOG, GTAT, GTY, GWPH, HAS, HBIO, HEMP, HLF, HOLX, HP, HPQ, HRL, HRS, HURN, IIVI, IJR, IM, INFY, INGR, INTC, IR, IRG, ISRG, ITW, IWM, IYH, JCP, JNJ, JOSB, JPM, JW.A, KBALB, KCAP, KSWS, L, LAND, LAYN, LEDR, LEH, LIHR, LINE, LMNX, LNCO, LNKD, LOW, LQDT, LVB, MAKO, MASI, MAT, MATK, MBND, MCF, MCHP, MCIG, MDBX, MDT, MFLO, MFLX, MGT, MIDD, MJMD, MJNA, MKC, MLI, MMR, MNK, MPAA, MPR, MSFT, MSM, MW, MWW, NATI, NBY, NEM, NGVC, NICK, NTAP, NUVA, NVLX, NVT, OAS, OCLS, OHI, OMEX, OMI, ONTY, OPK, OPTN, ORB, ORN, OUTR, OXPS, PANW, PAYX, PBI, PCOM, PCP, PETS, PHOT, PLPC, PLPL, PNNT, PNR, POWR, PRIM, PSMT, PTNT, PTY, PWER, PXD, QCOM, QQQ, QUMU, RAVN, RDSMY, REZ, RMD, ROSE, ROVI, RRC, RRGB, RSH, RTIX, RTSX, SCVL, SD, SDRL, SDY, SEB, SFE, SHFL, SIG, SIRF, SIRI, SKF, SKX, SLXP, SMCI, SNY, SPY, SRC, SRE, STJ, STKL, SUNE, SURW, SWI, SYNO, TA, TARO, TCAP, TDG, TDW, TECD, THO, TIBX, TICC, TITN, TLT, TQQQ, TRLG, TRTC, TST, TUES, TWGP, TWI, TWM, TXN, TXRH, TYPE, UGHS, UHAL, ULTA, UNFI, UNXL, USNA, VAPE, VAR, VIFL, VMC, VMEM, VNO, VOLC, VRNG, VRTS, VSH, VZ, WAG, WBMD, WCG, WDAY, WFC, WFM, WIRE, WMS, WMT, WRLS, WSM, WSR, WTW, XEC, XLF, XLK, XLP, XLY, XOM, XONE, XUII, YELP, YHOO, ZINC, ZMH
  • The Story Behind The Marijuana Investment Story No One's Telling [View article]
    The stock has declined since I wrote about it. The company is on a June fiscal year-end and will report soon. I expect a decline in the NAV. One wildcard is that there are rumors that the company is trying to rescue CANN - this would be positive, but I am not sure of the likelihood of success. Already CANN has brought in an Executive Chairman, a hint that there is some sort of plan in play. Bottom-line, I don't find FULL attractive now. If they are able to rescue CANN from the Grey Market, it could change the outlook.
    Aug 30, 2014. 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cen Biotech: A Promise Delivered  [View instapost]
    rise51, again, your efforts are tremendous!
    Aug 28, 2014. 07:24 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In The Birth Of Canada's Medical Marijuana Industry [View article]
    Fully diluted, there are 51mm shares and 87mm for O and B, so about $100mm (Canadian) for the pair. Coincidentally, perhaps, TWD has a market cap of $100mm!
    Aug 27, 2014. 07:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In The Birth Of Canada's Medical Marijuana Industry [View article]
    Jaberwock, any thoughts on the price action in Bedrocan and OrganiGram this week?
    Aug 27, 2014. 05:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Capitalizing On Cannabis: A Dark Cloud Lingers [View article]
    GWPH and MCIG are at the top of the list of stocks worth investigating, but there are several others as well.
    Aug 24, 2014. 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Access To Ground Floor Investment Opportunities In The Cannabis Industry [View instapost]
    Thanks, Tom! It's very exciting to see some of these new companies. I am going to this in Denver - can't wait:

Aug 23, 2014. 05:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting SLAPPed By Penny Stocks [View article]
    OK, like you said, neither you nor I are lawyers. Let's disagree on this one and see how it plays out. In any event, I wanted to be clear that there is a difference here. TRTC has always tolerated criticism in social media and on blogs to the best of my knowledge.
    Aug 20, 2014. 06:12 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting SLAPPed By Penny Stocks [View article]

"Tortious interference is a common law tort allowing a claim for damages against a defendant who wrongfully interferes with the plaintiff's contractual or business relationships."

I guess it remains to be seen if the information was "true" or not, but the intent of these entities was to damage the company. The SA contributor did so for self-disclosed reasons of personal gain.
    Aug 20, 2014. 04:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting SLAPPed By Penny Stocks [View article]
    I fully concur that companies shouldn't stifle constructive criticism. EAPH is just ridiculous, but FITX isn't the party involved. Rather, it is Randy Hamdan, who hasn't yet served you. On TRTC, I think you leave out a major point. The actions of a Seeking Alpha anonymous author as well as Norman Gates (AKA @laughinpaulryan) were clearly tortious interference. This is illegal, and I applaud TRTC for its efforts. These individuals/groups apparently sent material to government officials to discredit the company in an attempt to hurt the company's chances for zoning permits. None of these individuals or groups has any business whatsoever in Clark County. I am all for free speech, but this crosses the line in my opinion.

Don't be intimidated by bullies!
    Aug 20, 2014. 02:49 PM | 21 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CannaVest Makes Big Non-Cash Profit And Terminates HempMedsPX [View article]
    It wouldn't surprise me if LLamas and gang are trying to screw CannaVest, which I hear wanted MJNA to pay up. I thought CannaVest was the preferred vehicle, but it's hard to tell (remember the $0.60 shares he got?). At this point, maybe the plan is to make MJNA work for him. How many shares does CannaBank own (and what percentage is that) lol?
    Aug 19, 2014. 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CannaVest Makes Big Non-Cash Profit And Terminates HempMedsPX [View article]
    Rolling O, do you think that maybe MJNA has a contingency plan: http://www.endoca.com shows some "Raw CBD" products
    Aug 19, 2014. 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CannaVest Makes Big Non-Cash Profit And Terminates HempMedsPX [View article]
    I was going to "like" your comment, but it is now a facebook like. Yes, as a contributor, I find the new regime to be less favorable to me.
    Aug 19, 2014. 02:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In The Birth Of Canada's Medical Marijuana Industry [View article]
    Seriously, on CANV? They are in a dispute with their 90+% customer, can't get paid, aren't cashflow positive and have a boat-load of $1 shares coming unlocked.
    Aug 18, 2014. 09:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CannaVest Makes Big Non-Cash Profit And Terminates HempMedsPX [View article]
    Nice job of clearing the smoke...
    Aug 18, 2014. 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Think Hemp Inc. Is Soon Going Back Down To Under 10 Cents Per Share [View article]
    Not sure that there are any yet. There are a lot of hemp companies, but not publicly traded. It's not my focus in any event, as I focus on medical marijuana and legal marijuana
    Aug 17, 2014. 01:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment