Alan Brochstein, CFA

View Alan Brochstein, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
AAPL, ABPI, ACET, ACF, ADY, AEO, AFL, AGCO, AGG, AGN, AKAM, ALGN, ALGT, ALTR, AMAT, AME, AMJ, AMRN, AMT, ANIK, ANN, APKT, APOG, ARCB, ARCC, ARO, ASFI, ATMI, ATX, AUXL, AVP, AVTC, AVX, AYR, B, BAC, BBBY, BBK, BBOX, BCPC, BEN, BFAM, BGFV, BH, BHE, BIZD, BIZM, BJRI, BKCC, BLPG, BNCC, BPO, BRCM, BRDT, BSET, BSX, BTH, BYI, CAG, CAH, CAKE, CANN, CANV, CAS, CATO, CBCAE, CBIS, CBRL, CCC, CDWC, CE, CENT, CFC, CFR, CHEF, CHS, CHSI, CLB, CLF, CLH, CLRK, CMG, CPRT, CREE, CRR, CRWS, CSCO, CSCX, CSH, CSL, CSS, CTL, CTSH, CVD, CVS, CVX, DAKT, DE, DFS, DGI, DGX, DIA, DKS, DMLP, DORM, DRIV, EA, EAPH, EDE, EES, ELY, ENRT, ENV, ESL, ESRX, EWRS, EWSM, EXAC, EXAS, EZPW, FAST, FCFS, FINL, FIO, FIVE, FL, FLIR, FLO, FNGN, FRAN, FRD, FRTD, FSC, FULL, FXE, GAIN, GCVRZ, GE, GEGSQ, GEOY, GLD, GLDD, GM, GMCR, GNI, GNTX, GOOG, GTAT, GTY, GWPH, HAS, HBIO, HEMP, HLF, HOLX, HP, HPQ, HRL, HRS, HURN, IIVI, IJR, IM, INFY, INGR, INTC, IR, IRG, ISRG, ITW, IWM, IYH, JCP, JNJ, JOSB, JPM, JW.A, KBALB, KCAP, KSWS, L, LAND, LAYN, LEDR, LEH, LIHR, LINE, LMNX, LNCO, LNKD, LOW, LQDT, LVB, MAKO, MASI, MAT, MATK, MBND, MCF, MCHP, MCIG, MDBX, MDT, MFLO, MFLX, MGT, MIDD, MJMD, MJNA, MKC, MLI, MMR, MNK, MPAA, MPR, MSFT, MSM, MW, MWW, NATI, NBY, NEM, NGVC, NICK, NTAP, NUVA, NVLX, NVT, OAS, OCLS, OHI, OMEX, OMI, ONTY, OPK, OPTN, ORB, ORN, OUTR, OXPS, PANW, PAYX, PBI, PCOM, PCP, PETS, PHOT, PLPC, PLPL, PNNT, PNR, POWR, PRIM, PSMT, PTNT, PTY, PWER, PXD, QCOM, QQQ, QUMU, RAVN, RDSMY, REZ, RMD, ROSE, ROVI, RRC, RRGB, RSH, RTIX, RTSX, SCVL, SD, SDRL, SDY, SEB, SFE, SHFL, SIG, SIRF, SIRI, SKF, SKX, SLXP, SMCI, SNY, SPY, SRC, SRE, STJ, STKL, SUNE, SURW, SWI, SYNO, TA, TARO, TCAP, TDG, TDW, TECD, THO, TIBX, TICC, TITN, TLT, TQQQ, TRLG, TRTC, TST, TUES, TWGP, TWI, TWM, TXN, TXRH, TYPE, UGHS, UHAL, ULTA, UNFI, UNXL, USNA, VAPE, VAR, VIFL, VMC, VMEM, VNO, VOLC, VRNG, VRTS, VSH, VZ, WAG, WBMD, WCG, WDAY, WFC, WFM, WIRE, WMS, WMT, WRLS, WSM, WSR, WTW, XEC, XLF, XLK, XLP, XLY, XOM, XONE, XUII, YELP, YHOO, ZINC, ZMH
  • Medijane Pump Campaign Being Funded By Shareholder(S) By Up To $400,000 Weekly Budget! [View instapost]
    What a waste of money - not working!
    Jun 9 07:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Newly Transformed Nuvilex To Enjoy Strong 2014 [View article]
    Again, they are not doing marijuana research. Neither is CARA from what I can tell. It's a shame that the government makes it very difficult to do so.
    Jun 8 06:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Newly Transformed Nuvilex To Enjoy Strong 2014 [View article]
    I see. No, they are not doing marijuana research. Thanks for sharing the follow-up.
    Jun 8 05:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Very Different Exposures To The Marijuana Industry [View article]
    I have been extinguishing other fires, so sorry, no. I never looked into CIIX. There is palm-greasing among in Clark County, but there really isn't much information to go on. It seems like local ownership percentage was important.
    Jun 8 11:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Terra Tech: A Natural-Born Capital Killer [View article]
    It's actually @laughinpaulryan (no g), and he uses this on I-Hub as well (Suspended until July 22nd).

Jun 8 11:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Terra Tech: A Natural-Born Capital Killer [View article]
    Again, you are saying something that I believe is incorrect. Norman Gates is likely not the author of this article, though he may have contributed information to the author.
    Jun 8 11:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Terra Tech: A Natural-Born Capital Killer [View article]
    Norman Gates isn't the author of this contribution to Seeking Alpha.
    Jun 8 06:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Newly Transformed Nuvilex To Enjoy Strong 2014 [View article]
    ARNA? They must have a stealth program, Greenfire87.
    Jun 7 11:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Terra Tech: A Natural-Born Capital Killer [View article]
    He isn't the author. I believe that person posted below with a pseudonym "nmarnier"
    Jun 7 03:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medical Marijuana, Inc. Prepares To Spit Out Canchew Biotechnologies [View article]
    I serendipitously stumbled upon this nugget of information:

These guys manufacture Canchew Gum for HempMedsPX - I verified this. Interestingly:

"If you would like a gum, lozenge or chewable tablet product developed incorporating your hemp oil, please contact Bob Estey (410) 316-1080 x100 or info@mastixmedica.com"
    Jun 7 02:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Terra Tech: A Natural-Born Capital Killer [View article]
    Even simpler, he or she is betting on the stock to decline.
    Jun 7 01:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Terra Tech: A Natural-Born Capital Killer [View article]
    That is a great post. I too have found Derek to be honest and passionate, qualities that seem rare in the OTC space.
    Jun 7 01:02 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Terra Tech: A Natural-Born Capital Killer [View article]
    3 is three votes, as I explained above. My opinion is that most of the article rehashed issues that are well known. I shared some other thoughts here regarding an inaccuracy. The one issue that I found potentially disturbing is the payment to Small Cap Voice. I am curious about the nature of those services. Over the past 10 months, I haven't seen any promotions, so I am not sure what was bought.
    Jun 7 12:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Terra Tech: A Natural-Born Capital Killer [View article]
    I will defend the author. This is not too different than someone buying a stock, saying he or she is long and then writing a very bullish article. Some have told me that if such an article were fraudulent, it would expose the author to securities laws violations, while a bearish article that were fraudulent then that would not be the case. I am not sure about that, but I do believe that if someone published a fraudulent article in a negative manner, then that person could face civil action.

Let me make a suggestion or two. If you really object to this article, respond to the points or provide some balance by sharing some of the many positives of the story. I plan to re-read this, but as one who has followed the story closely, none of this is particularly new to me.
    Jun 6 10:22 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Terra Tech: A Natural-Born Capital Killer [View article]
    The SEC allowed two S-1s to go effective within the past year, and the company is in the middle of an S-3 process. Most of the issues discussed in this article have been vetted publicly. There is a material mistake here too, probably several, but one that sticks out is that Peterson's wife was required to buy back the stock. This is not true. What is true is that the purchase came to close to a previous sale. It seems like a silly law, but it's a fact that she should not have made that purchase. The consequence was that she was required by the SEC to rebate the profits as a penalty.
    Jun 6 07:24 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment