Alan Brochstein, CFA

View Alan Brochstein, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
AAPL, ABPI, ACET, ACF, ADY, AEO, AFL, AGCO, AGG, AGN, AKAM, ALGN, ALGT, ALTR, AMAT, AME, AMJ, AMMJ, AMRN, AMT, ANIK, ANN, APKT, APOG, ARCB, ARCC, ARO, ASFI, ATMI, ATX, AUXL, AVP, AVTC, AVX, AYR, B, BAC, BBBY, BBK, BBOX, BCPC, BEN, BFAM, BGFV, BH, BHE, BIZD, BIZM, BJRI, BKCC, BLPG, BNCC, BPO, BRCM, BRDT, BSET, BSX, BTH, BYI, CAG, CAH, CAKE, CANN, CANV, CAS, CATO, CBCA, CBIS, CBRL, CCC, CDWC, CE, CENT, CFC, CFR, CHEF, CHS, CHSI, CLB, CLF, CLH, CLRK, CMG, CPRT, CREE, CRR, CRWS, CSCO, CSCX, CSH, CSL, CSS, CTL, CTSH, CVD, CVS, CVX, DAKT, DE, DFS, DGI, DGX, DIA, DKS, DMLP, DORM, DRIV, EA, EAPH, EDE, EES, ELY, ENRT, ENV, ESL, ESRX, EWRS, EWSM, EXAC, EXAS, EZPW, FAST, FCFS, FINL, FIO, FITX, FIVE, FL, FLIR, FLO, FNGN, FRAN, FRD, FRTD, FSC, FULL, FXE, GAIN, GCVRZ, GE, GEGSQ, GEOY, GLD, GLDD, GM, GMCR, GNI, GNTX, GOOG, GTATQ, GTY, GWPH, HAS, HBIO, HEMP, HLF, HOLX, HP, HPQ, HRL, HRS, HURN, IIVI, IJR, IM, IMJN, INFY, INGR, INTC, IR, IRG, ISRG, ITW, IWM, IYH, JCP, JNJ, JOSB, JPM, JW.A, KBAL, KCAP, KSWS, L, LAND, LAYN, LEDR, LEH, LIHR, LINE, LMNX, LNCO, LNKD, LOW, LQDT, LVB, MAKO, MASI, MAT, MATK, MBND, MCF, MCHP, MCIG, MDBX, MDT, MFLO, MFLX, MGT, MIDD, MJMD, MJNA, MKC, MLI, MMR, MNK, MPAA, MPR, MSFT, MSM, MW, MWW, NATI, NBY, NEM, NGVC, NHLE, NICK, NTAP, NUVA, NVLX, NVT, OAS, OCLS, OHI, OMEX, OMI, ONTY, OPK, OPTN, ORB, ORN, OUTR, OXPS, PANW, PAYX, PBI, PCOM, PCP, PETS, PHOT, PLPC, PLPL, PNNT, PNR, POWR, PRIM, PSMT, PTNT, PTY, PWER, PXD, QCOM, QQQ, QUMU, RAVN, RDSMY, REZ, RMD, ROSE, ROVI, RRC, RRGB, RSH, RTIX, RTSX, SCVL, SD, SDRL, SDY, SEB, SFE, SHFL, SIG, SIRF, SIRI, SKF, SKX, SLXP, SMCI, SNY, SPY, SRC, SRE, STJ, STKL, SUNE, SURW, SWI, SYNO, TA, TARO, TCAP, TDG, TDW, TECD, THO, TIBX, TICC, TITN, TLT, TQQQ, TRLG, TRTC, TST, TUES, TWGP, TWI, TWM, TWMJF, TXN, TXRH, TYPE, UGHS, UHAL, ULTA, UNFI, UNXL, USNA, VAPE, VAPO, VAR, VIFL, VMC, VMEM, VNO, VOLC, VPCO, VRNG, VRTS, VSH, VZ, WAG, WBMD, WCG, WDAY, WFC, WFM, WIRE, WMS, WMT, WRLS, WSM, WSR, WTW, XEC, XLF, XLK, XLP, XLY, XOM, XONE, YELP, YHOO, ZINC, ZMH
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Don't Buy Indoor Harvest Corp., This Week's Most Promoted Penny Stock [View article]
    I am focused now on the cannabis space, so I am stuck with the OTC, at least for now.

It is my opinion that you have drawn a likely incorrect conclusion by making an if-then statement that is based on faulty logic (if a company uses paid promotion, then it is a pump-and-dump doomed for failure). You admit, I believe, that your judgment is based almost solely on the fact that they engaged in a paid promotion (and have a headquarters that doesn't meet your criteria for some odd reason - again, I have toured the facility and don't understand the criticism). In my view, all companies have pros and cons. In this case, you have not looked for the positive attributes, by your own admission, so you are unable to arrive at a well-thought conclusion in my view. Investors even recently were willing to pay $0.50 for private paper (six-month restriction), so clearly they have a much different view than you do (your forecast is $0.10). Many of them have visited that facility by the way and don't judge a book by its cover apparently!
    Apr 23, 2015. 10:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If you think that the promotion is the only thing that matters, then please put a disclaimer to that effect and let everyone know that you don't believe that is necessary to dig any deeper. You clearly haven't looked into the company, how it came to market (via S-1 rather than reverse and not a "shell"), who its partners are (Tweed, MIT, PUE 1.0, City of Pasadena, TX), etc. None of the positives that you could have noted are a guarantee of success, but you make many assertions that just aren't true.

By the way, there has been no insider selling, nor will there be anytime soon from what I understand, as the CEO is locked up. Also, your photo of their leased warehouse is somewhat accurate, as that is what the exterior looks like (I live in Houston and have visited). Indeed, they share a wall with the pawn store. It's actually a large space that is being built out as a showroom. The lease seemed to be a bargain to me, and the space really serves its purpose. I really don't understand your criticism of the corporate office.
    Apr 23, 2015. 07:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    "I have no position or recommendation, nor am I a fan of stock promotions". Which part wasn't clear?
    Apr 23, 2015. 06:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The company paid for the promotions and disclosed it via 8-K:

The company also detailed its financial needs in another 8-K and actually doesn't face a risk of bankruptcy without revenue in 2015, as the author asserts. The author doesn't appear to know the fundamentals here at all. If you are interested, the company has some very interesting projects that you can easily learn about by reviewing their SEC filings.

I have no position or recommendation, nor am I a fan of stock promotions, but it's rather simple-minded, in my view, to assert that where there is smoke that there is fire.
    Apr 23, 2015. 04:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How The CARERS Act Could Impact Pot Stocks [View article]
    Insurance reimbursement is a key issue, and a copay would likely be cheaper. Also, dispensary CBD oil would likely not be pharmaceutical grade
    Apr 23, 2015. 06:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Surna: Why I'm Long This Hidden Gem [View article]
    Apr 18, 2015. 01:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Blue Line Protection Group Worth The Risk [View article]
    I like AMMJ better, but it's not a pick-one. BLPG has engaged in a lot of promotion recently - kind of disappointing. I expect the stock to perhaps test .13.
    Apr 17, 2015. 09:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Blue Line Protection Group Worth The Risk [View article]
    Gotcha. Unfortunately, they gave a pretty bad outlook. I agree, in the very early stages, profitability isn't the key metric.
    Apr 17, 2015. 07:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Blue Line Protection Group Worth The Risk [View article]
    Made 1/4 of a million? I don't think so. Huge cash burn and it is going to persist (per company statement in 10-K).
    Apr 17, 2015. 05:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Completely Transformed mCig May Be The Sleeping Giant Of The Marijuana Sector [View article]
    Yes, alance86, you got it.
    Apr 16, 2015. 10:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    No, I don't expect to be writing anything on Seeking Alpha at this time.
    Apr 16, 2015. 03:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I didn't say you can't comment - I don't have that authority. I just asked that you exercise some reading comprehension. Look up the word FROM. It is different from FOR.
    Apr 16, 2015. 03:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    trabob, you need to work on basic reading comprehension or else refrain from commenting. You have taken something and said it exactly incorrectly. If you had just said "hey, what is this $2mm charge?", then I would have simply explained it. Instead, you asserted, incorrectly, that it was to benefit the CEO. No. You have it wrong. Go back and reread it instead of simply guessing.
    Apr 16, 2015. 01:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Slides From Houlihan's Valuation Of Kannaway For MJNA [View instapost]
    I have some favorites - GWPH is one that stands out
    Apr 12, 2015. 06:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Interview With Chris DeMuth Jr., Author Of 'Sifting The World' [View article]
    Good luck topping this one, Eli!
    Apr 10, 2015. 08:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment