View as an RSS Feed
View Alan Brochstein's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, ABCO, ACF, ADY, AGG, AGN, AINV, ALGT, AMBC, AMJ, ANF, APH, APOG, ARCC, ATX, AVP, AVTC, B, BFAM, BGFV, BIZD, BJRI, BKCC, BKE, CAH, CANN, CBG, CBIS, CE, CFR, CHS, CHSI, CLRK, CPN, CSCO, CSCX, CSL, CVD, CVX, DORM, DRIV, EDE, EES, EGOV, ELY, ENV, EPAX, ESRX, EWRS, EWSM, EZPW, FLIR, FSC, GAIN, GE, GLD, GLYT, GM, GMCR, GNI, GNTX, GOOG, GTY, GWPH, HAS, HEMP, HRL, HTGC, HWCC, IJR, IRG, ISRG, ITW, IWC, IWM, IYH, JCP, KCAP, LNCR, LOW, MAIN, MAKO, MASI, MATK, MCF, MCGC, MCIG, MFLX, MIDD, MJNA, MLI, MW, MYGN, NATI, NTAP, NVLX, OPTN, ORN, OUTR, PAG, PANW, PBI, PCP, PHOT, PLPC, PLPL, PNNT, PPDI, PRIM, PSEC, PSMT, QQQ, RAVN, RRGB, RTIX, SCVL, SDY, SHFL, SLRC, SOX, SPY, SRDX, STJ, SWI, SYNO, TCAP, THO, TICC, TITN, TLT, TRLG, TRTC, TST, TUES, TXRH, UA, ULTA, UNFI, VOLC, WCG, WFM, WIRE, WLP, WMT, WSM, WTW, XLE, XLF, XLG, XLK, XLP, XLY, YELP
- Paired Trade: Buy EZCORP, Sell Aaron's Rents
- Sector Review: Energy Moving Toward the Lead
- Fully Invested, but Defensively So
- Dorman Slashes Inventory Without Sacrificing Margin
Ready for Range Trading?
on May. 17, 2009 • Comment!
- Pair Trades: Bard and Intuitive Surgical
- A Coming Flood of Equity Issuance, aka The Dilution Solution
- Use Conservative Growth to Conquer the Current Market
- Paired Trade: Columbia Sportswear vs. Under Armour
Stock Returns by Sector and Market Cap
on May. 1, 2009 • 3 Comments
- Has April Powered Toward the Rally's Last Hours?
- Healthcare Stocks Have a Serious Drug Problem
- Consumer Discretionary Stocks: Predicting an Upturn, but Don't Bet on a Recovery
- Contract Research Organizations: Nothing but Woes
This Spring Fling Could Become a Summer Bummer
on Apr. 20, 2009 • 16 Comments
- Paired Trade: Sell Allergan, Buy Johnson & Johnson
- Intuitive Surgical: Operating Well Even During Challenging Times
- Small Caps with Small Debt: Big Opportunity
- Warning: Financials Flashing Yellow
- 24 'Expensive' Stocks That Just Might Go Higher
- Big Debt and Big Returns Could Be Spurring This Rally
- S&P 500 Watch: March 'Winners' Are Actually the Biggest Losers
- Small Energy Stocks Offer Big Opportunities
- The S&P 500's Strongest Balance Sheets
- Lucky 7s for the S&P 500: Could This Be a Near-Term Top?
- Cash Mirages: S&P 500 Companies with Large Balances But Not So Visible Liabilities
- Cash Analysis: Wal-Mart, Lilly, Verizon Not Quite So Rich
- Capitally Challenged Stocks That Could Be Diluted or Extinguished
- Paired Trades: Short Nalco Holding, Long Met-Pro
- In This Devil of a Market, Could 666 Be the Bottom?
- Market Overview: The 'Generals' Appear to Be Retreating
- Intuitive Surgical: Great Company, Bargain Price