Alan Brochstein

View Alan Brochstein's Comments BY TICKER:
AAPL, ABFS, ABPI, ACET, ACF, ADY, AEO, AFL, AGCO, AGG, AGN, AKAM, ALGN, ALGT, ALTR, AMAT, AME, AMJ, AMRN, AMT, ANIK, ANN, APKT, APOG, ARCC, ARO, ASFI, ATMI, ATX, AUXL, AVP, AVTC, AVX, AYR, B, BAC, BBBY, BBK, BBOX, BCPC, BEN, BFAM, BGFV, BH, BHE, BIZD, BIZM, BJRI, BKCC, BNCC, BPO, BRCM, BRDT, BSET, BSX, BTH, BYI, CAG, CAH, CAKE, CANN, CANV, CAS, CATO, CBIS, CBRL, CCC, CDWC, CE, CENT, CFC, CFR, CHEF, CHS, CHSI, CLB, CLF, CLH, CLRK, CMG, CPRT, CREE, CRR, CRWS, CSCO, CSCX, CSH, CSL, CSS, CTL, CTSH, CVD, CVS, CVX, DAKT, DE, DFS, DGI, DGX, DIA, DKS, DMLP, DORM, DRIV, EA, EDE, EES, ELY, ENRT, ENV, ESL, ESRX, EWRS, EWSM, EXAC, EXAS, EZPW, FAST, FCFS, FINL, FIO, FIVE, FL, FLIR, FLO, FNGN, FRAN, FRD, FSC, FULL, FXE, GAIN, GCVRZ, GE, GEGSQ, GEOY, GLD, GLDD, GM, GMCR, GNI, GNTX, GOOG, GTAT, GTY, GWPH, HAS, HBIO, HEMP, HLF, HOLX, HP, HPQ, HRL, HRS, HURN, IIVI, IJR, IM, INFY, INGR, INTC, IR, IRG, ISRG, ITW, IWM, IYH, JCP, JNJ, JOSB, JPM, JW.A, KBALB, KCAP, KSWS, L, LAND, LAYN, LEDR, LEH, LIHR, LINE, LMNX, LNCO, LNKD, LOW, LQDT, LVB, MAKO, MASI, MAT, MATK, MBND, MCF, MCHP, MCIG, MDBX, MDT, MFLO, MFLX, MGT, MIDD, MJNA, MKC, MLI, MMR, MNK, MPAA, MPR, MSFT, MSM, MW, MWW, NATI, NBY, NEM, NGVC, NICK, NTAP, NUVA, NVLX, NVT, OAS, OCLS, OHI, OMEX, OMI, ONTY, OPK, OPTN, ORB, ORN, OUTR, OXPS, PANW, PAYX, PBI, PCOM, PCP, PETS, PHOT, PLPC, PLPL, PNNT, PNR, POWR, PRIM, PSMT, PTNT, PTY, PWER, PXD, QCOM, QQQ, QUMU, RAVN, RDSMY, REZ, RMD, ROSE, ROVI, RRC, RRGB, RSH, RTIX, RTSX, SCVL, SD, SDRL, SDY, SEB, SFE, SHFL, SIG, SIRF, SIRI, SKF, SKX, SLXP, SMCI, SNY, SPY, SRC, SRE, STJ, STKL, SUNE, SURW, SWI, SYNO, TA, TARO, TCAP, TDG, TDW, TECD, THO, TIBX, TICC, TITN, TLT, TQQQ, TRLG, TRTC, TST, TUES, TWGP, TWI, TWM, TXN, TXRH, TYPE, UGHS, UHAL, ULTA, UNFI, UNXL, USNA, VAPE, VAR, VIFL, VMC, VMEM, VNO, VOLC, VRNG, VRTS, VSH, VZ, WAG, WBMD, WCG, WDAY, WFC, WFM, WIRE, WMS, WMT, WRLS, WSM, WSR, WTW, XEC, XLF, XLK, XLP, XLY, XOM, XONE, XUII, YELP, YHOO, ZINC, ZMH
  • Capitalizing On Cannabis: Key Addition To GrowLife Management Team Solidifies Story [View article]
    CANN yes, PHOT I need a better understanding.
    Apr 16 12:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cannabis Stocks: What The Growlife Halt Means For The Industry [View article]
    Nice job, Abdallah. This is so true: "This is evident because most financial websites fail to include convertible debt, convertible preferred stocks, warrants and options into their calculations of market cap." This is one of the things that I try to explain all the time. Some of the companies seem to go out of their way to point this out (like TRTC and even PHOT), while others seem to push back against considering the entirety of the capital structure. Another issue is that many stocks (not PHOT) have very tiny floats relative to the number of shares outstanding, and it seems that over the past few months traders have purposefully exploited this at times. CANV, CANN, FSPM and MDBX come to mind here.
    Apr 15 06:50 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Share-Based Compensation Trigger Growlife's Suspension? [View article]
    It's an issue, Rolling O, but not SEC-suspension inducing...
    Apr 15 12:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    At this point, yes, but I am the first to admit that there could be something I have been missing. I am not going to restate the obvious case about MJNA and barely know PTOG. Not sure why you would say I repeatedly "bash" it. NVLX has been overly promoted by a bunch of paid research analysts along with PLPL. Both were ironically funded by the same group, Lincoln Park Capital too. My conversations with people across Canada and the U.S. have helped solidify my view of PHOT and CANN.
    Apr 14 11:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Share-Based Compensation Trigger Growlife's Suspension? [View article]
    Can you be more specific? What would you like me to explain? The article was about how Marco Hegyi rounds out a team that I believe is one of the strongest in the industry. Again, if you want to discuss that article, I don't think that another contributor's article is the right place.
    Apr 14 03:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Share-Based Compensation Trigger Growlife's Suspension? [View article]
    That, I believe, is the case, Rolling O.
    Apr 14 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medical Marijuana, Inc.: Kiss This High Goodbye [View article]
    Rollling O, given that the company now discloses less than 50% insider ownership, shouldn't there be shareholder meetings and votes?
    Apr 14 01:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Medical Marijuana, Inc.: Kiss This High Goodbye [View article]
    Tom, one other important issue is to watch the cash. You pointed out that HDDC (CannaBank) is funding MJNA working capital. MJNA and its subs were 100% of the CANV sales in 2013. If you look at the CANV 10-K, you will see that the vast majority of sales remain uncollected.
    Apr 14 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medical Marijuana, Inc.: Kiss This High Goodbye [View article]
    Thanks for the kind words, Tom. This isn't an easy sector to cover!

CANV stock offered theoretically some support for MJNA's valuation, but this is becoming less and less of a factor as each day passes.

Your point that the A/S is restrictive is a good one. Rolling O believes that the company actually has a 5 billion A/S and has made that case. I had hoped that MJNA would have had a shareholders meeting by now and am not sure why they haven't.
    Apr 14 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Share-Based Compensation Trigger Growlife's Suspension? [View article]
    Check today's p.r. - they have been estranged for years...
    Apr 14 09:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Share-Based Compensation Trigger Growlife's Suspension? [View article]
    There is something you don't know about the wife. Makes it not an issue.

I will tell you this - these paper 144 forms stink. It makes it very hard to track what's going on.
    Apr 13 11:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Full Circle Capital Has Both Kinds Of Green - 90% Upside On A Call Option In Advanced Cannabis Solutions [View article]
    This isn't the place to discuss this issue. I would rather address it on my article and not clog up this article with an unrelated issue.
    Apr 13 09:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Share-Based Compensation Trigger Growlife's Suspension? [View article]
    No problem, and thanks for sharing your perspective. I continue to try to figure this out. I wish I knew something. Rumors that it's not a pot company??? Short-term memory issues? Hmmm!
    Apr 13 07:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I don't know that MJNA was ever going to be able to benefit - read their press releases about until "federally legal", but the rumors have been that the litigation between Dixie and MJNA will result in a split, and this makes sense to me.
    Apr 13 07:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I have heard quite the opposite regarding FULL and CANN going forward than what you conclude, so I guess we will have to see. Until FULL funds a deal, I think the current price is reasonable. If it never funds a deal there is a tiny bit of downside (to the NAV +/-). I also think that you will be sorely disappointed if you are counting on MJNA to benefit from Dixie Edibles ever. In any event, good luck.
    Apr 13 06:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment