Alan Brochstein

View Alan Brochstein's Comments BY TICKER:
AAPL, ABFS, ABPI, ACET, ACF, ADY, AEO, AFL, AGCO, AGG, AGN, AKAM, ALGN, ALGT, ALTR, AMAT, AME, AMJ, AMRN, AMT, ANIK, ANN, APKT, APOG, ARCC, ARO, ASFI, ATMI, ATX, AUXL, AVP, AVTC, AVX, AYR, B, BAC, BBBY, BBK, BBOX, BCPC, BEN, BFAM, BGFV, BH, BHE, BIZD, BIZM, BJRI, BKCC, BNCC, BPO, BRCM, BRDT, BSET, BSX, BTH, BYI, CAG, CAH, CAKE, CANN, CANV, CAS, CATO, CBIS, CBRL, CCC, CDWC, CE, CENT, CFC, CFR, CHEF, CHS, CHSI, CLB, CLF, CLH, CLRK, CMG, CPRT, CREE, CRR, CRWS, CSCO, CSCX, CSH, CSL, CSS, CTL, CTSH, CVD, CVS, CVX, DAKT, DE, DFS, DGI, DGX, DIA, DKS, DMLP, DORM, DRIV, EA, EDE, EES, ELY, ENRT, ENV, ESL, ESRX, EWRS, EWSM, EXAC, EXAS, EZPW, FAST, FCFS, FINL, FIO, FIVE, FL, FLIR, FLO, FNGN, FRAN, FRD, FSC, FULL, FXE, GAIN, GCVRZ, GE, GEGSQ, GEOY, GLD, GLDD, GM, GMCR, GNI, GNTX, GOOG, GTAT, GTY, GWPH, HAS, HBIO, HEMP, HLF, HOLX, HP, HPQ, HRL, HRS, HURN, IIVI, IJR, IM, INFY, INGR, INTC, IR, IRG, ISRG, ITW, IWM, IYH, JCP, JNJ, JOSB, JPM, JW.A, KBALB, KCAP, KSWS, L, LAND, LAYN, LEDR, LEH, LIHR, LINE, LMNX, LNCO, LNKD, LOW, LQDT, LVB, MAKO, MASI, MAT, MATK, MBND, MCF, MCHP, MCIG, MDBX, MDT, MFLO, MFLX, MGT, MIDD, MJNA, MKC, MLI, MMR, MNK, MPAA, MPR, MSFT, MSM, MW, MWW, NATI, NBY, NEM, NGVC, NICK, NTAP, NUVA, NVLX, NVT, OAS, OCLS, OHI, OMEX, OMI, ONTY, OPK, OPTN, ORB, ORN, OUTR, OXPS, PANW, PAYX, PBI, PCOM, PCP, PETS, PHOT, PLPC, PLPL, PNNT, PNR, POWR, PRIM, PSMT, PTNT, PTY, PWER, PXD, QCOM, QQQ, QUMU, RAVN, RDSMY, REZ, RMD, ROSE, ROVI, RRC, RRGB, RSH, RTIX, RTSX, SCVL, SD, SDRL, SDY, SEB, SFE, SHFL, SIG, SIRF, SIRI, SKF, SKX, SLXP, SMCI, SNY, SPY, SRC, SRE, STJ, STKL, SUNE, SURW, SWI, SYNO, TA, TARO, TCAP, TDG, TDW, TECD, THO, TIBX, TICC, TITN, TLT, TQQQ, TRLG, TRTC, TST, TUES, TWGP, TWI, TWM, TXN, TXRH, TYPE, UGHS, UHAL, ULTA, UNFI, UNXL, USNA, VAPE, VAR, VIFL, VMC, VMEM, VNO, VOLC, VRNG, VRTS, VSH, VZ, WAG, WBMD, WCG, WDAY, WFC, WFM, WIRE, WMS, WMT, WRLS, WSM, WSR, WTW, XEC, XLF, XLK, XLP, XLY, XOM, XONE, XUII, YELP, YHOO, ZINC, ZMH
  • AVTC Files $100mm Libel Lawsuit Against Seeking Alpha Contributor And 420 Investor Founder Alan Brochstein [View instapost]
    Thanks for the support!
    Mar 24 04:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Author Update On MCig And Turn Your Cash Into Vapor [View article]
    MCIG is a stellar company. We can debate valuation ad nauseum. It was much easier for me to recommend it at .10 than here, but the company has done some exceptional things in my view.

>>>.It is not clear to me if VitaCig has contributed any meaningful sales, but my best guess it has not.<<<

VitaCig, which will be spun off shortly, hasn't even launched, so, no, no sales. The nature of the product wasn't even mentioned here. The CEO contributed his shares to the company, a smart move that will likely accelerate the company's uplisting to the NASDAQ.

Rosenberg, the CEO, has been extremely shareholder-friendly. He did the Vapolution acquisition with his own shares, and he also used them to compensate a new hire, the COO.

MCIG.com was owned by someone before the company was launched. I applaud Mr. Rosenberg for not wasting shareholder money to procure the domain.
    Mar 24 02:32 PM | 26 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cannabis Stocks: Wait For Proof Of Business Concept [View article]
    I have found the community to be extraordinarily thoughtful compared to any other I have seen. Have you ever been to I-Hub?
    Mar 24 06:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cannabis Stocks: Wait For Proof Of Business Concept [View article]
    I want to commend both Abdalla and Matt Finston. It's great to see two young guys diving into this exciting new sector and willing to discuss both the positives and negatives. It leads to a thoughtful dialogue that helps all of us become better informed. What a great growth industry this will be. It won't always be as easy as it has been in Q1-14 - DD will become increasingly important.
    Mar 23 10:48 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Should Avoid AVT, Inc. [View article]
    Thanks. I researched this comany after several asked me about it.
    Mar 23 08:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cannabis Stocks: Wait For Proof Of Business Concept [View article]
    Ageofconan, an excellent point! I think that this company is doing a lot of the right things. If someone handed me $100mm, I don't think I would buy every share, but making a small bet here seems very interesting. It's very easy to find companies with much higher valuations and less compelling stories.
    Mar 23 02:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cannabis Stocks: Wait For Proof Of Business Concept [View article]
    Finewine88, it will actually be officially launched very soon
    Mar 23 02:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cannabis Stocks: Wait For Proof Of Business Concept [View article]
    I think that you have done a good job here of introducing Seeking Alpha to a very interesting company. I don't agree with your conclusion that it's a sell (disclosure: We remain long in the paper portfolio "Flying High" since our purchase at $0.51 following the webinar you referenced). In fact, if the company announces that it has signed its first client, I think the stock could move considerably higher. BRDT is not widely followed, and the positives that you point out will resonate well with investors, specifically the quality of management. It should be noted that Sagee described the Hebrew University license as being very friendly in terms of cost.

I understand that valuations are quite tricky at this stage. How does one value a start-up? Certainly one can't look at just sales or even balance sheet items - otherwise there would be no biotech industry. My own research tells me that genetics are a key way for legal cannabis growers to effectively improve the economics, and this will be increasingly important as the industry moves towards legal away from the black market. I like that BRDT appears to be an early leader, but it is certainly a high-risk investment at this point. With contract wins, the stock will capture more investor attention.
    Mar 23 01:31 PM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks. I didn't even try to oppose them -just pointed out stuff from their own filings.
    Mar 23 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you so much, southgent1951. Not only were the financial objectives met, but the word got out, which is very important to me. Small investors are exposed to all sorts of pumps, but there are substantial disincentives for people to share cautionary views. I also had a lawyer reach out to me with interest in taking on the case.
    Mar 23 12:13 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Marijuana Stocks: Canadian Schwag Or A Stealth Crusader? [View article]
    I spoke to someone at Schwab and they are trying to change the policy.
    Mar 22 03:14 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dazed And Confused By Growlife - Shares Are Worth A Small Fraction Of Their Current Price [View article]
    From what I understand, growing pot is really easy. Growing it efficiently for a competitive industry? Not so easy. The secret to PHOT isn't the products - it's the relationships, the industry knowledge at the top down to the store-level and now the capital behind them.
    Mar 22 01:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I was thinking about trying to settle, but that's not going to work. I have always said that nothing is more important than integrity, and I am not changing my view now!

Mar 22 11:08 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Marijuana Stocks: Canadian Schwag Or A Stealth Crusader? [View article]
    Nice job, Matt.
    Mar 21 06:21 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Volatility Creates Trading Opportunities For Marijuana Stock, Growlife [View article]
    You are 100% right, David. People get way too defensive about SA articles that are contrary to their own position.

In Q3, they were slightly negative I believe, but we'll see for Q4. In my view, the company really transformed in Q4 in terms of its business model and opportunities, so even looking at Q4 numbers isn't likely to be helpful.
    Mar 21 09:09 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment