View as an RSS Feed
View Alan Kotok's Articles BY TICKER:
Sanofi Bolsters Vaccine Business
- Sanofi's vaccine business was the only company division to show a sales decrease in the first half of 2014.
- A large late-stage clinical trial shows Sanofi's high-dose flu vaccine more effective than the standard dose among older persons, who are more vulnerable to the virus.
- Sanofi has several vaccine candidates, some addressing unmet medical needs, in late-stage trials or awaiting regulatory approval.
Shire Acquisition Bolsters Its Rare, And Maybe Not-So-Rare, Disease Portfolio
- Shire plc gains two more rare disease drug candidates from its acquisition in May 2014 of Lumena Pharmaceuticals.
- One of Shire's new candidates addresses a rare liver condition also associated with obesity, type 2 diabetes, and high cholesterol.
- Investors should look for signs Shire seeks synergies from the acquisition to develop therapies for these more widespread chronic disorders.
New GlaxoSmithKline Diabetes Drug Needs Innovative Marketing Strategy
- A new FDA-approved drug enters GSK into the growing type 2 diabetes market.
- But the field of diabetes drugs is crowded and has many well-established competitors.
- Thus the drug needs an imaginative strategy to succeed in this crowded field.
- A strategy connecting the drug to personal wellness and disease management should appeal to patients and providers alike.
- Myriad Genetics' Acquisition Of Crescendo Bioscience: A Question Of Timing
- Bayer's Curious Acquisition Of Cancer Drug Maker Algeta
- Walgreen's Mobile Strategy Scores With Retail Customers
- Celgene Expanding R&D Portfolio Into Regenerative Medicine
- Stratasys Prepares For 3-D Synthetic Biomaterials
- St. Jude Medical Boosts Anti-Pain Portfolio In $40M Deal
- Clearing The Air On The Sanofi-Regeneron Asthma Drug Trial
- Shire's New Rare Disease Deal: Interesting Science Meets Unique Financing
- Biogen Idec Retools After ALS Drug Trial Failure
- GlaxoSmithKline Positioning For Clinical Trial Data Advantage
- Monsanto, Alnylam To Apply Genomics To Agricultural Pests
- Nokia Using Open Innovation To Break Into Mobile Health Sector
- Minding The Alternative Energy Commercialization Gap
- Health Care Report Connects Dots Between Genomic Research And Patient Records
- New Examples Of Open Innovation To Stimulate Company R&D
Innovations Needed In Both Process And Product To Revitalize American Manufacturing
Feb. 27, 2012 • 7 Comments