Albert Alfonso

View Albert Alfonso's Comments BY TICKER:
  • AT&T: Another Dividend Hike For This Dividend Stalwart [View article]
    Siwanoy,

Are you sure? The info I used is right from the PR.

Also, the current ATT is the old SBC (a baby bell), which acquired ATT corp in 2005. http://bit.ly/uaIlf6

edit: more info about the old ATT http://bit.ly/1zO7K9q
    Dec 22, 2014. 11:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pengrowth Energy: The Sky Is Not Falling [View article]
    Founder, keep in mind that my article was written when oil had just breached $70 per BBL.

I agree with the view that current oil prices are off the chart towards the downside. No one was expecting $55 WTI.
    Dec 22, 2014. 09:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Penn West Cuts Dividend 80%, Now Yields 6% [View article]
    While different from "making money", many areas generate positive FCF all the way down to $30 per BBL range. Some heavy oil plays can go down all the way to $20ish per BBL.

From what we saw last week, the oil market is bound for a big move. Up or down, something has to give. The current status quo is untenable.
    Dec 21, 2014. 02:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: The 2015 Outlook Could Have Been Better [View article]
    LibertyBelle,

One of my primary reasons for holding GE, besides the dividend, is its safety. It is a very diversified blue-chip. Every portfolio should have a high concentration of "sleep well at night" stocks. It is not a growth stock nor has it been for over a decade.

GE is lagging the markets. However, it should rise again if and when we see the dollar weaken.
    Dec 21, 2014. 02:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Windstream: Will The REIT Spin-Off Create Any Real Value? [View article]
    Rump refers to the post split-off Windstream.
    Dec 20, 2014. 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Realty Capital: Death By A Thousand Cuts [View article]
    Tack,

I think ARCP will trade flat to modestly down, so selling calls works in that scenario. I got 15 cents for the DEC $10 and 25 cents for the NOV $10.

To put it another way, if ARCP were to go to $10, I would sell in an instant. Why not make some income along the way?
    Dec 19, 2014. 12:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: Finally, Some Good News [View article]
    The article discusses other upstream MLPs, a tiny sector, and which happens to be LINE's.
    Dec 19, 2014. 12:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: Finally, Some Good News [View article]
    RLP,

Thanks for the link. Very useful.

I think VNR has some of those collars. I know they have been switching over to "costless" swaps.
    Dec 19, 2014. 12:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: Finally, Some Good News [View article]
    DSandman999,

That is why I keep most of my high yield (and thus high risk) positions at at most 2.5% of my portfolio. Only exception is PGH. I also invest at least 50% in ultra safe blue chips (KO, MCD, WMT, PG, APPL).
    Dec 19, 2014. 12:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Realty Capital Properties: Some Good News And Some Bad News [View article]
    Someone informed the audit committee, unless they discovered the error independently. Also, the CAO informed other "senior management" beside Kay and NS. I am just wondering who they are.
    Dec 19, 2014. 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Steve,

Thank you for providing your feedback. You sure know your stuff!

Yes, so someone else informed the audit committee and got the ball rolling? Could it have been Kay or Nick, or other unnamed "senior management"? See the second point in the complaint.

I wonder who else was informed of the errors once they were discovered. Who are these other "senior management", is that the COO or CFO?
    Dec 19, 2014. 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Steve,

Wasn't the audit committee formed AFTER she made the initial compliant?

Also, ARCP's auditors, Grant Thornton, sure seem to have been inactive.
    Dec 19, 2014. 09:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: The 2015 Outlook Could Have Been Better [View article]
    It was priced into Alstom. I have read that they had reserved up to $1.0B for that settlement.
    Dec 18, 2014. 01:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: Finally, Some Good News [View article]
    Jazz,

The yield is calculated assuming new capital. Obviously, if you bought in higher, the yield would be lower.

For LINE, I think current and future investors need to pencil in a dividend cut. Oil at $55 is hurting all E&P's.

Speaking of PGH, it has thankfully recovered from its low. It went from $6 to $2 almost in an instant. Insane given its profitability. I estimated FFO to come in between $0.90 to $1.00 per share in 2015. Historically, these stocks should trade at between 6x to 8x FFO...

As for PSEC, I hope you are reinvesting dividends. I'm actually green in that name due to these dividends and lowering my basis when applicable. They bounced back after hitting $8 per share. We may see $9 by year-end.
    Dec 18, 2014. 01:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Windstream slides after detailing REIT plans [View news story]
    Windstream's plan is rather confusing. Converting into an LLC will cause major tax issues for those who own the stock in an IRA. The REIT spin-off is a dividend cut anyway you frame it. Furthermore, that REIT is going to trade for a deep discount to peers due to it holding only telecom assets.
    Dec 18, 2014. 12:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment