Albert Alfonso

View Albert Alfonso's Comments BY TICKER:
  • CVR Refining: Looking Into The Puzzling 30% Decline [View article]
    Pinkrabbit,

There are charts for Crack spreads and thus expected margins. However, I may not be able to link to them since they are not public and I am not sure about fair use. Just google "NYMEX 2-1-1 Crack spreads" and you'll find several pricing sources.
    Jan 2, 2015. 12:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon: Deeply Undervalued With A Near 5% Yield [View article]
    Mainly because that is where I deploy some extra funds every quarter and hold all my long-term dividend paying stocks.
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons Why Prospect Capital Is Set To Rebound In 2015 [View article]
    mlnlaw,

I am sorry if you feel that way. I wrote about PSEC towards year-end since I think it is undervalued. It has given back the gains posted from the insider buys. No new news, just weird price action. As I noted in the piece, this may be related to tax-loss harvesting.

Just as an aside, SA is crowd sourced. Contributors can choose to write about any stock. We are not assigned anything.

I often cover very small companies, usually offering high yields. I find these names interesting, hence why I talk write about PSEC frequently. Same goes for RSO, CYS, AGNC, and many E&P names (LINE, VNR, BBEP, MEMP).

You will not see me discussing a high flying tech or biotech related stock with a dubious valuation. I like cold hard cash and buying things on the cheap. PSEC fits that mold.
    Dec 31, 2014. 02:27 PM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: When Will The Pain Stop? [View article]
    dundey,

I sure hope you are being sarcastic. LINE is a high risk security. Do not bet the farm. I limit my exposure to high risk stocks to at most 2.5% of capital per position.
    Dec 31, 2014. 12:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon: Deeply Undervalued With A Near 5% Yield [View article]
    opportunity cost?

Let us get this clear: T and VZ are not for a total return focused investor. These are safe income stocks. You may want to consider them on a risk adjusted basis.
    Dec 31, 2014. 12:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon: Deeply Undervalued With A Near 5% Yield [View article]
    Regarding ATT,

DTV is an immediate boost to FCF per share. Both VZ and T are buys at current prices. I will be starting a position in one or both in January in my IRA.
    Dec 31, 2014. 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Nick Schorsch's Non-Traded REIT Empire [View article]
    The article is reflecting on the downfall of Nick, not the financial viability of the REITs.
    Dec 31, 2014. 09:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Nick Schorsch's Non-Traded REIT Empire [View article]
    Do not forget that the Fed's 5 year old ZIRP has provided these companies near unlimited access to low interest rates. America's financial health would be much different without it.
    Dec 31, 2014. 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ONEOK: Get Ready For A 14% Dividend Increase In 2015 [View article]
    I meaning to do a write up on WMB/WPZ for ages. Those two seem way undervalued. OKE/OKS are as well. Its a coin flip.
    Dec 31, 2014. 09:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: When Will The Pain Stop? [View article]
    Oil supply growth is outpacing demand growth. Most estimates point towards a 2M BBL/D surplus for 2015.
    Dec 30, 2014. 06:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: When Will The Pain Stop? [View article]
    I was being facetious :)
    Dec 30, 2014. 12:11 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vanguard Natural Resources: Some Candid Words For 2015 [View article]
    RLP,

Thanks for the link. NGLs are indeed tricky.

I just hate that such a key number is so hard to figure out. Really throws a curveball for new investors.
    Dec 30, 2014. 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Enerplus: The Dividend Is On Borrowed Time [View article]
    River18,

Heh, I also make more than my fair share of typos. I blame my tablet. No worries.
    Dec 30, 2014. 11:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: When Will The Pain Stop? [View article]
    Maybe Cramer was right to dump LINE and focus on KMI! Did he see the oil rout coming?
    Dec 30, 2014. 11:41 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vanguard Natural Resources: Some Candid Words For 2015 [View article]
    RLP,

Do you know of any source which has a good estimate for NGL pricing? Currently, I need to estimate this number using forward propane, ethane, etc.
    Dec 30, 2014. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment