Albert Alfonso

View Albert Alfonso's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Kinder Morgan: Time To Get Bullish? [View article]
    I think that was supposed to be EEQ.
    Mar 25, 2015. 09:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: Time To Get Bullish? [View article]
    hallereugene@gmail.com,

The tanks are not going to get full. There is tons of storage which is not reported by the EIA. Also, refiners are going into high gear soon due to driving season starting. Maybe I need to write an article on that to clear the misinformation which is being spread.
    Mar 25, 2015. 09:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: Time To Get Bullish? [View article]
    ephud,

I wanted to include that tidbit since it was relevant and recent. Its a minor event, but still a positive.
    Mar 25, 2015. 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: Time To Get Bullish? [View article]
    HVAC52,

And why would KMI cut the dividend. They generated tons of excess cash flows in Q4 2014 and will do so again for 2015. Do not be a fearmonger.
    Mar 25, 2015. 09:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: Time To Get Bullish? [View article]
    smurf,

Maybe I should have titled this "staying bullish". I have been long KMI since 2013. I still think the stock is a buy below $40.
    Mar 25, 2015. 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: Time To Get Bullish? [View article]
    Clayton Rulli,

You may want to email KMI's IR team. They tend to reply within hours. I use them all the time with inquires.
    Mar 25, 2015. 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: Time To Get Bullish? [View article]
    Qniform,

I think that the only plus for KMI is the dividend and its potential growth until 2017.

You betcha. That is why I am bullish. However, keep in mind that the merger is also a positive. Cost of capital came way down, allowing for many transactions which previous were not accretive.
    Mar 25, 2015. 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Resource Capital: A Not So Surprising Dividend Cut [View article]
    RLP,

I am in the same boat. Bought some in the ~$5.75 range and lowered my cost basis by buying more at ~$4.75. With dividends, my total return is still in the green.

As for if you should buy more, is your position small (1% to 2% or so of total capital?) Do you have high conviction that RSO will achieve its 17% ROE this year?
    Mar 24, 2015. 12:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Mortgage: Not Worried About The Dividend Cut [View article]
    Cash King,

MTGE has not bought back meaningful amounts of stock in awhile. I agree, buying it back now seems like a wise move. Maybe they want a larger discount?
    Mar 23, 2015. 11:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ConocoPhillips: Weathering The Storm [View article]
    EdwardGLott,

Keep in mind that XOM in an integrated name so not really apples to apples. If you own COP/PSX, you'll beat XOM's performance by a mile.
    Mar 19, 2015. 05:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Some Good News [View article]
    DS,

DTV is such a cash cow. ATT will see an immediate benefit. Deal is actually much better compared to what Verizon paid for the 50% of Verizon wireless it did not own.
    Mar 19, 2015. 05:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Some Good News [View article]
    ATT is a great income play. I never understood why it is such a hated name. Not every stock is built for growth.
    Mar 19, 2015. 05:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ConocoPhillips: Weathering The Storm [View article]
    zoralsurgeon,

I am in the same boat. Been long COP since before the PSX spin-off. I see no reason to sell. Stock will recovery alongside oil.
    Mar 19, 2015. 05:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ellington Financial: The Turnaround Has Started [View article]
    logicalnumbers,

Something has changed at EFC. They made a bad bet and hedged thinking rates were heading higher in 2014. This turned out to be wrong. Hedging losses were huge in Q4.
    Mar 18, 2015. 01:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: GE Capital Gets Even Smaller [View article]
    FA,

That was like 5 years ago?! GE was on the brink as were many other companies. Warren Buffet had the cash and lended it out when liquidity was running short. He took the risk and got rewarded.
    Mar 18, 2015. 01:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment