Albert Alfonso

View Albert Alfonso's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Kinder Morgan Energy Partners Easily Beats Expectations [View article]
    Butterfly seeker,

Regarding the Q/Q vs Y/Y coverage ratio:

That is why I provide both metrics. The TTM average does give a better read overall. However, do note that DCF seems to have grown inline with the distribution. If that were not the case you would have a weaker coverage ratio y/y.

I agree on the "language" and that is why the article was titled as such. KMP beat its own internal projections for DCF this quarter. The company is pretty much implying that this will continue for most of 2014.
    Apr 21 10:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Energy Partners Easily Beats Expectations [View article]
    R.Fitz,

EPD is growing faster than KMP. However, its valuation is currently stretched. Just look at what happened to MWE when they came out with weaker than expected guidance...
    Apr 21 08:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Income Investors Earn 11.32% Annual Yield Rate Now [View article]
    Richard,

Good overall article. However, as a former INTC bull, I cannot take my eyes off the declining FCF and EPS figures. INTC is priced for some growth. Just look at its premium to AAPL. Yet, we are being told to wait until 2015.

Given its position in a highly competitive environment, INTC needs to innovate or risk becoming the next Dell or HPQ. As a result, you are taking on more risk when buying and holding the stock.
    Apr 21 08:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Inc.: A Return To Dividend Growth [View article]
    von murgenthal,

All markets need buyers and sellers, bulls and bears.

KMP/KMI are cheap largely due to perceptions regarding the IDRs. As seen by the earnings report, both stocks are growing, albeit slower than in the past.
    Apr 18 01:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Inc.: A Return To Dividend Growth [View article]
    Bruce,

And how has ETP done compared to ETE? Recall when ETP went 5 years without a distribution increase? ETE is the definition of a bad GP.
    Apr 17 09:21 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: Don't Panic About The Distribution [View article]
    RLP,

Tell me about it. I own 10 mlps so I know exactly what that is all about. But with LNCO, folks are buying it expecting dividends, not a return of capital. This topic may deserve its own article.
    Apr 17 08:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: Don't Panic About The Distribution [View article]
    Chippy,

That is news to me. So LNCO's "dividends" are actually non-taxable distributions and hence require adjusting the tax basis lower? No wonder then on the discount to LINE.
    Apr 17 01:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: Is A New CEO On The Way? [View article]
    taplinger,

UTX is fairly cheap with a 16x PE and 12% forward growth rate. Not at all a bad stock.
    Apr 16 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: Is A New CEO On The Way? [View article]
    I have heard this accusation many times before yet have never seen any proof being provided. IMO, GE was not doing anything improper during Welch's time. Its valuation was insane during the early 2000's, much like with most stocks.
    Apr 15 10:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: Is A New CEO On The Way? [View article]
    Ed,

With GE now focusing on its core industrial segments, I have become a fan of the stock.

However, let us not fool ourselves. You would have lost money buying GE during anytime before 2008.

GE took on massive risk in Immelt's early years and paid the price. GE Capital loss more than a decades worth of earnings during the financial crisis.
    Apr 15 10:12 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ConocoPhillips: A Return To Growth? [View article]
    gawilley,

I added to PGH when it hit $6.00 recently. Up a cool 5% since then. It remains my largest holding.

As for QRE, I have been a seller recently, largely to lock in gains. I still hold a core postion.

As for MEMP, I am still holding it. I think it is still undervalued.

Apr 14 10:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: Don't Panic About The Distribution [View article]
    i3udfrog16,

No, I am not long LINE.

However, I am long other upstream MLPs, namely (QRE), (VNR), and (MEMP).
    Apr 14 10:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital: A 12.30% Yield With 15% Upside Potential [View article]
    Guardian,

The active ATM program is one of the reasons why I limit my holdings in PSEC. I think the stock could easily rise above $12.00 if they would only stop issuing shares.
    Apr 14 10:40 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital: A 12.30% Yield With 15% Upside Potential [View article]
    George,

I think so. The ETFs are huge holders of stock in the BDCs. PSEC is lucky as it is one of the most liquid and has not declined much.
    Apr 14 10:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: Don't Panic About The Distribution [View article]
    arbtrdr,

LINE's decline was multifaceted. Up until the Q4 results, the stock was doing well. However, these weak earnings led to speculation on the distribution and its safety, causing the first drop and downgrade.

The second decline was very likely related to the first as investors started digesting the news. You can sorta tell a stock is out of favor if Cramer joins the bandwagon.

While Cramer may not have been the direct cause, he definitely accelerated the already ongoing sell-off.
    Apr 14 08:57 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment