Albert Alfonso

View Albert Alfonso's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Memorial's Heightened Guidance Means A Locked-In 10% Yield [View article]
    Hi Casey,

Good article on MEMP. It is perhaps the cheapest of the upstream MLPs besides maybe QRE. I loaded up on it when it was in the teens early last year. I sold half at $20 and plan to hold the rest LT.
    Feb 23 06:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Atlantic Power: Is Another Dividend Cut In The Cards? [View article]
    Hi,

Not sure where you saw that info. AT declared a dividend inline with its previous rate.

JE is another stock that had already lowered its dividend and may need to do another cut due to worsening fundamentals. However, there payout seems to be much stronger short-term compared to AT's.
    Feb 23 01:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Altria's MarkTen Has A Serious Chance To Dominate The E-Cigarette Market [View article]
    I agree. GreenSmoke is a good brand. However, it is still unproven on the retail level.

You can read my thoughts about that transaction here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Feb 20 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart: Clearly Undervalued And With An Upcoming Dividend Hike Catalyst [View article]
    I might sell my small stake as well. With a 2.5% yield, I require at least 10% DG per year to justify holding LT.
    Feb 20 12:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola: A Solid Pick For The Long-Term Investor [View article]
    So true.

By my count, PG, CL, WMT, KO, PEP, and many others have already taken charges related to currencies.
    Feb 20 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola: A Solid Pick For The Long-Term Investor [View article]
    I think LT investors in KO know that it is much more than a soda company. However, that perception is hard to shake off.
    Feb 20 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola: A Solid Pick For The Long-Term Investor [View article]
    Hmm, rereading what I wrote, I think I needed to be clearer.

Yes, the current machines are not well suited for cold beverages. However, with Keurigs are already a household name, I think consumers will be buying the new machines rather than the relatively unknown SodaStream.

I know this is not relevant, but I have never seen someone with a SodaStream. Yet, I use k-cups to make coffee nearly every day at various locations.
    Feb 20 12:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vanguard Natural Resources: An 8.3% Yield With Significant Upside Potential [View article]
    I wrote an article on MEMP early last year:

I really need to provide an update though as lots has changed since.

If I had to chose, I'll buy VNR on any dip. However, I am long both.
    Feb 20 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Zorro,

You make a good point there. My reasoning is basically that VNR may want some dry powder ASAP. Its unit price is near its high and the last equity offering was right around this level.

Yes, the ATM program is very likely the reason why the stock has remained between 29 and 30 for such a long time. Also note that quite a few unit-holders chose to DRIP their distributions, further persevering capital.
    Feb 20 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Energy Partners: Buy The Dip? [View article]
    Yea, the dip was quite tame. There seems to be loads of pent up demand for KMP units.

KMR seems like a better choice for total return focused investors. Plus it can be held in an IRA without much issue.
    Feb 19 10:51 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris: You'll Be Hard Pressed To Find A Cheaper Stock [View article]
    Russia is declining due to the increasing prevalence of illicit (untaxed) tobacco products.
    Feb 18 12:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris: You'll Be Hard Pressed To Find A Cheaper Stock [View article]
    PM has basically no presence in China due to the above mentioned restrictions.

However, the company has access to other major growth markets. Mexico, North Africa, and Nigeria all have growing middle classes that are consuming more and more premium tobacco products.
    Feb 18 12:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vanguard Natural Resources: Acquisition Marks A Big Change [View article]
    Solid article Casey.

It will be interesting to see what sort of hedges VNR was able to land given the increase seen in natgas prices.

My guess is that VNR will see tons of accretion to DCF from these assets. I am expecting a distribution boost sometime after closing.

long: VNR and MEMP
    Feb 16 05:44 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Northern Tier Energy: Expect Lower Dividends In 2014 [View article]
    The title merely reflects my view that NTI will not be yielding 10%+ this year.
    Feb 14 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Northern Tier Energy: Expect Lower Dividends In 2014 [View article]
    The WSC to WTI spread can be found here:

As for the Bakken to WTI spread, that one varies greatly from producer to producer. It ranges from as low as a few dollars to as high as $15 per BBL.
    Feb 13 01:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment