Albert Alfonso

View Albert Alfonso's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Atlas Resource Partners - A Distribution Cut Plus Possible Liquidity Concerns [View article]
    BobInStocks,

The prior distributions were for cash flows generated in 2014.
    Feb 24, 2015. 05:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Enerplus: Is The Stock Now A Buy After The Dividend Cut? [View article]
    Founder,

Maybe? It depends if energy stabilizes. ERF was up 100% after they started drilling in the Marcellus. Who says they cannot do that again?
    Feb 23, 2015. 08:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart: A Very Disappointing Dividend Increase [View article]
    Tax,

I want to sell. However, I do not have a strong "push" factor. Where would I deploy the cash? WMT has been in my portfolio for ages and has an outsized gain. As a result, I am holding, but I am not a happy camper.
    Feb 23, 2015. 05:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart: A Very Disappointing Dividend Increase [View article]
    Harm,

I sure do hope not to sound like sour grapes. I am mad at the size of the dividend increase since my thesis for holding assumes double-digit dividend growth. However, WMT is in my IRA and did not report a bad Q4. Furthermore, I think it is still cheap.
    Feb 23, 2015. 02:13 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pengrowth Energy: Weathering The Storm [View article]
    Javelina,

I sure hope you have diversified your holdings. Even as a PGH bull, I keep my position as a small percent of invested capital. This is a high-risk stock.
    Feb 23, 2015. 02:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CVR Refining: A Feast Or Famine Distribution [View article]
    jerrywengler,

I am also long UAN. They are silly cheap. If fertilizers prices stay flat, the yield in 2015 could top 15%.
    Feb 22, 2015. 06:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CVR Refining: A Feast Or Famine Distribution [View article]
    sc21,

I need to do that. CVI does seem cheaper, they have other assets other than its stakes in UAN and CVRR. However, they are also very tied to Carl Icahn.
    Feb 22, 2015. 04:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CVR Refining: A Feast Or Famine Distribution [View article]
    pokalolo,

I am more than a tad puzzled by my inability to come close in predicting these variable distributions for refiners. It seems as if the industry data publicly available lags the "real" metrics by at least 2 weeks.

As for the FIFO issue, a few commentators nailed that point. Tells you the value of Seeking Alpha when something as obscure as that was predicted on a small-cap.
    Feb 22, 2015. 06:19 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Williams Companies: A Solid Dividend Growth General Partner, Now On Sale [View article]
    There were some rumors on this front early last year. However, with Republicans now in control of Congress, any tax increases seem unlikely.
    Feb 22, 2015. 06:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola: Another Pay Raise From This Dividend Champ [View article]
    KO cut the buyback by $1B in 2014. That is more than enough to fund the increased dividends for 2014 and 2015 without increasing net capital returns.
    Feb 22, 2015. 06:13 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola: Another Pay Raise From This Dividend Champ [View article]
    I did not see the announcement for PEP's dividend increase. Was it in the conference call? They would need to do an 8-k if they made it there.
    Feb 22, 2015. 06:12 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Enerplus: The Dividend Is On Borrowed Time [View article]
    ERF cut the dividend earlier than when I was expecting. What a shame. I'll have more on this on Monday.
    Feb 22, 2015. 06:07 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: An Abysmal Quarter To End 2014 [View article]
    headguru,

LINE had around 70% of its oil hedged. They were prepared for a small to medium price decline, not the historic 55% plunge.
    Feb 22, 2015. 06:00 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Textainer Group Holdings: A Strong Choice For Income, Thanks To Its Nearly 6% Dividend Yield [View article]
    Sajit Kapurvalapil,

They are buying new containers and expanding the fleet. Adjusted capex to match depreciation and you'll get a better sense of TGH's real cash flow. This comes out to around $200M per year.
    Feb 22, 2015. 01:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: An Abysmal Quarter To End 2014 [View article]
    alschroed,

Prices out to 2016/2017 were in the high $70 to low $80 range when oil was near $100.
    Feb 22, 2015. 01:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment