Albert Alfonso

View Albert Alfonso's Comments BY TICKER:
  • General Electric: Get Ready For The 'Synchrony Financial' IPO [View article]
    z28,

I believe GE will be accelerating its share buybacks this year.
    Mar 14 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: Get Ready For The 'Synchrony Financial' IPO [View article]
    GE will be getting around $4B for the 20% of (SYF). There is no change in the overall intrinsic value of the company. However, EPS may fall short-term as GE capital is a cash cow.
    Mar 14 09:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Jim Cramer Sells Linn Energy, Tells Investors To Buy Kinder Morgan [View article]
    elliot,

I feel the same way. LINE and KMP are not really comparable.
    Mar 13 11:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Cramer does sometimes get them right. Last year he suggested selling mREITs right before they started falling due to taper. He also has been right in regards to avoiding coal stocks and utilities.
    Mar 13 11:09 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "Swapping out" involves selling LINE to then buy KMP.
    Mar 13 11:05 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look Inside Vanguard Natural Resources' Results [View article]
    Hi,

Just a heads up on the VNR preferred stock: I believe they issue a K-1 just like the common. So they may not be suitable for IRAs.
    Mar 13 11:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: NGLs Are The Key To Higher Distributions [View article]
    I am sorry for the confusion. As linked below, NGLs is the abbreviation for natural gas liquids. Some companies report them alongside light oil production. For LINE, it reports them separately.
    Mar 13 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's Wrong With Prospect Capital? [View article]
    The link in my article has Russell ETFs at under 10 days trading volumes for PSEC.
    Mar 11 07:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy: NGLs Are The Key To Higher Distributions [View article]
    If you are invested in LINE you need to be able to stomach the daily volatility. A 9% yield should tell you that this is a high-risk investment.

I have owned several upstream MLPs for years now. The best ones I buy on dips. The others I hold for income. However, I limit each stock to at most 5% of my portfolio.
    Mar 11 06:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Boardwalk Pipeline Partners: Is There Anything To Be Salvaged From This Fiasco? [View article]
    Thanks for the links to my articles.

BWP sure has a rough road ahead. I actually think more downside is likely, especially if the bluegrass pipeline is nixed.
    Mar 11 06:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Reasons Why I'm Staying Bullish On Units Of QR Energy [View article]
    I have a few issues with this article:

Most of the article is boilerplate information. Upstream MLPs are a complicated sector and a much more indepth analysis is needed.

You are using TTM PE ratio for valuing MLPs. This is almost always a useless metric. Try using DCF per unit.

QRE has not raised its payout in many quarters. The last increase was in 2012.

There is no mention as to why QRE is surging. (the GP buyout). The stock was diluted in early 2013 due to the GP payment. This will no longer be the case.
    Mar 11 05:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Discovers A Clever Way Around The Crude Oil Export Ban [View article]
    The Jones Act is pretty much the only reason why we still have a merchant marine worth mentioning.
    Mar 10 09:26 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Penn West: Expect Little Growth Until 2016 [View article]
    Michael,

Sorry for the delayed response. I think the market liked PWE results, hence the spike higher on Friday.

Those in PWE today need to know that production and FFO will continue to drift lower through 2014 and most of 2015. However, netbacks should improve as the company sheds some high cost production.
    Mar 9 03:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Penn West: Expect Little Growth Until 2016 [View article]
    PBA is a good pick. Still kicking myself for not buying it last year at under $30. I used to be long that stock via my old (PVX) shares.
    Mar 7 04:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What's Wrong With Prospect Capital? [View article]
    Dee N,

While it may seem corny, Disney (DIS) is a great long-term pick for kids.
    Mar 7 04:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment