Albert Alfonso

View Albert Alfonso's Comments BY TICKER:
  • EIA Petroleum Inventories [View news story]
    Q2 is the time when refiners start building inventories for the summer driving season. This is a seasonal cycle. Demand for crude will go up fast in coming weeks.
    Apr 1, 2015. 01:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BreitBurn Energy Partners: Short-Term Pain For Long-Term Gains [View article]
    Steve,

Oil wont see 100. However, 60 to 70 for a few months would make BBEP a $10 stock. High risk, high reward.
    Apr 1, 2015. 09:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BreitBurn Energy Partners: Short-Term Pain For Long-Term Gains [View article]
    DHL-2,

Earlier this year I bought BBEPP at $19 and sold at $23. I think we'll get a similar opportunity short-term.
    Apr 1, 2015. 09:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BreitBurn Energy Partners: Short-Term Pain For Long-Term Gains [View article]
    gawilley,

QRE was better hedged compared to BBEP and had less of a debt problem. I did suggest selling the pre-merger spike higher. I only own BBEP since I held on to my QRE "winnings".

As for BBEP, I understand that investors are bitter. However, I think the company was left with little choice in this whole affair.
    Apr 1, 2015. 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has General Electric Hit A Snag? [View article]
    1GreatCFA,

The share price has been stagnant. However GE has made major moves towards its long-term goals. The SYF spin-off was started, Appliance division, sold, etc. Time is on GE's side.
    Mar 31, 2015. 01:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Until There's A Dividend, This REIT Remains A Pig In A Poke [View article]
    Brad,

ARCP will start paying a dividend. They are only leaving the actual dividend policy up to the new mangers. Your article toys with the notion that ARCP will not have any dividend.

As expected, the Q4 report had a huge write-down of Cole Capital. This is a prudent housekeeping move. This is a negative, but was widely expected.

As for O buying ARCP, I also think this is possible. However, as a shareholder of both O and ARCP, I would prefer an asset sale over an outright merger. A smaller ARCP would lead to more value creation.
    Mar 31, 2015. 01:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BreitBurn Energy Partners Solves Its Debt Problem [View article]
    Griffin Mungus,

It is just not the North Sea. Legacy "old" oil wells will decline world-wide. SA and Russia are only the real low cost producers left. Areas like Venezuela and Canada with huge potential need higher prices.
    Mar 31, 2015. 01:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BreitBurn Energy Partners Solves Its Debt Problem [View article]
    Tack,

Wow, what bearishness!

E&P investing was done assuming too high prices. I agree on your point. However, cost fundamentals must dictate the terms eventually. That being said, I can see why so many are down on oil. The pain will continue for years.
    Mar 31, 2015. 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: What's A Proper Buyback? [View article]
    Bill,

Paradoxically, Apple does better with its buyback if the stock price stays depressed. A too high valuation will gimp the accretive effect of buying back shares in terms of EPS and saved dividend payments.

I wish Apple would trade below $90 again so I could add. I bought big in 2012/2013 and my only regret was not buying more. Apple is as dominate now just how Microsoft was back in the 1990s. I say this as a compliment :)
    Mar 31, 2015. 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BreitBurn Energy Partners Solves Its Debt Problem [View article]
    Jeffrey Pickett,

Come on now. If oil stays at current levels we will see production declines world-wide. The price cannot be below the cost of production for a long period of time.

I think we'll see $60 in 2015 and $70 in 2016 and 2017. Brent could be at $80 by 2016/2017 if China and Europe were to get growth going.
    Mar 31, 2015. 11:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BreitBurn Energy Partners Solves Its Debt Problem [View article]
    Rawenergy,

BBEP solved its short-term debt problem. They now have enough liquidity to survive through 2016.

I do not think BBEP will be using equity to save cash on its interest expense or preferred distributions. They already cut the common distribution... no need to dilute unit-holders even further.
    Mar 30, 2015. 10:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BreitBurn Energy Partners Solves Its Debt Problem [View article]
    Scooter-Pop and RLP,

Yes, I was referring to the recent deals in the biotechs and tech space. Cheap debt is fueling all that.
    Mar 30, 2015. 10:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BreitBurn Energy Partners Solves Its Debt Problem [View article]
    Griffin Mungus,

Most of the E&P MLPs will be goners if oil does not recover by 2017. Keep in mind that BBEP does have some hedges for that year. I would also say that your LOE and maintenance capex estimates could be lowered. I estimate BBEP should be cash flow positive at $60 oil even without hedges.
    Mar 30, 2015. 10:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Has General Electric Hit A Snag? [View article]
    Can we put the 2009 dividend cut to rest? Its been over 5 years now. Company was overly exposed to financial engineering and got burned.
    Mar 30, 2015. 10:54 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BreitBurn Energy Partners Solves Its Debt Problem [View article]
    Pablomike,

Yeah, short-term debt is dirt cheap. That is why you are seeing a ton of M&A activity in various sectors.
    Mar 30, 2015. 10:51 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment