Albert Alfonso

View Albert Alfonso's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • IBM Announces Large Dividend Raise [View article]
    I like this move by IBM. They shifted capital from the buyback (which was having dubious benefits) to the dividend. Long-time shareholders will see increased income and the stock is now on my radar at a 3% yield.
    Apr 28, 2015. 12:45 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Shocking Dividend Cut At American Capital Agency [View article]
    Chancer,

That was a good move in hindsight.

I own AGNC/MTGE/CYS, though their % of my invested capital has fallen since I have not added new capital since Q1 2014. I look at them as a hedge for my equity long position.
    Apr 28, 2015. 12:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Shocking Dividend Cut At American Capital Agency [View article]
    Ralph,

I am shocked since they more than covered the dividend with spread + dollar roll income. I just did not see this coming.
    Apr 28, 2015. 12:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Shocking Dividend Cut At American Capital Agency [View article]
    rosenose,

Yup, you are correct. If you listened to what Mr. Kain said on the MTGE call, you'll have notice how conservative he has become. MTGE lowered its dividend for the same reasons, though that cut was sharper than in needed to be, IMO.
    Apr 28, 2015. 12:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Shocking Dividend Cut At American Capital Agency [View article]
    drking,

I am in the same boat. Red on AGNC in capital losses, though green when dividends are included. I might add on this dip to lower my cost basis even further.
    Apr 28, 2015. 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Shocking Dividend Cut At American Capital Agency [View article]
    daver202,

AGNC generated $0.70 per share and paid out $0.66 in dividends. That is a 1.06x coverage ratio. They lowered it due to expected lower returns in the near future as leverage falls.
    Apr 28, 2015. 12:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • WSJ: FCC may reject $3.3B Dish Network spectrum discount [View news story]
    DISH is getting what it deserves for rigging the auction.
    Apr 28, 2015. 03:56 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency income and book value slip in Q1 [View news story]
    A rise in rates has been "imminent" since late 2013. Everyone was banking on an increase in June. Now the forecast is for sometime in Q3. Fact is nobody knows what the Fed will do. But I can bet you that we wont see a 200bp increase when rates in Europe are negative.
    Apr 28, 2015. 03:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vanguard Natural Resources Buys LRR Energy - Is It A Good Move? [View article]
    gawilley,

Regarding PGH,

I am sure if they would have known oil would have fallen 50% in weeks that the Lindbergh project would have been postponed. That being said, it is built already and no one is going to take that production away. Based on $10 per BOE reserves, PGH is worth ~$7.00. The market has clearly overreacted.

As for VNR and VNRAP,

The preferred units are "debt-like", so the distribution is their main appeal. IMO, they are too pricey compared to the common. Assuming forward strip pricing, VNR can easily cover its distribution going forward. If we get to $70 or $80 oil, the distribution will likely start getting raised.

As for QRE/BBEP,

You know my opinion on them. QRE got taken over by a weaker player. BBEP severely mismanaged its liquidity and got burned. Its a bad situation, though the worst is over.
    Apr 27, 2015. 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments Sets The Bar Pretty Low [View article]
    CYS made the right moves in Q1 and saw BV stay flat. I think the cautious approach paid off. No need to repeat 2013 and potentially see 10% Q/Q decline due to a surprise move (or implied move) by the Fed.
    Apr 23, 2015. 03:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments talks buybacks and the rate outlook in earnings fall [View news story]
    Telling comments from the CEO. CYS has 20%+ upside if it were not for the uncertainty with rates.
    Apr 23, 2015. 03:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: Investor Sentiment Has Turned Bullish [View article]
    Anasazi101,

GE still has a lot of shareholders who are underwater from way back when it had a 50+ PE ratio. Now that it is cheap, they hate it. Never understood that.

Same thing applies to ATT, Ford, GM, C, BAC, and many others.
    Apr 23, 2015. 03:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: The GE Capital Exit Is Moving Quickly [View article]
    FA,

You can get SYF for your GE shares.

Also, these asset sales are giving GE the cash needed to buyback stock and grow industrial earnings. These segments posted 16% growth in Q1 despite weakness in oil & gas.
    Apr 23, 2015. 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Proves Its Doubters Wrong [View article]
    gawilley,

The pessimism on this name was unbelievable. Ma Bell is worth holding for the income alone.
    Apr 23, 2015. 03:00 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Proves Its Doubters Wrong [View article]
    Stone Fox Capital,

I have not seen any recent articles about T from you. Care to share your thoughts?

My view is that the doom and gloom was overdone. Churn was at a record low. The Sprint/TMUS promotional activity did not have a material impact.
    Apr 23, 2015. 02:57 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment