Alberto Abaterusso

View Alberto Abaterusso's Comments BY TICKER:
  • China Xiniya Fashion: A Cheap Opportunity? [View article]
    Daniel,

Thank you.

My thoughts about this stock are not positive, mainly for this reason: there is cash to buyback shares and to pay dividends. But they don't do it. They don't repurchase their own shares because it would reduce the annual fee they get from the bank: '' [...] we received from the depositary reimbursement totaling $965,253 for our ADR program-related expenses'' (see page 63 from their 20-F for FY 2013, source: http://1.usa.gov/1yKKCud).

Oct 17, 2014. 02:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Xiniya Fashion: A Cheap Opportunity? [View article]
    Thank you for your answer, Daniel.

I know I can find an answer to my question by reading company's Q&A sections.

But what's your (personal) opinion about number 1 topic?

Thank you.
    Oct 17, 2014. 11:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Xiniya Fashion: A Cheap Opportunity? [View article]
    Good morning Daniel,

Nice article.

I have two questions:

1) If the share price is cheap and the stock is financially robust, why does not XNY repurchase some of its own shares?
    2) do you think there is room for XNY to enter Western markets in the near future?

Thank you.
    Oct 16, 2014. 06:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China XD Plastics Incurs Long-Term Debt: Some Scenarios [View article]
    I have no positions in any stocks mentioned and I never had one.
    Jul 29, 2014. 04:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China XD Plastics Incurs Long-Term Debt: Some Scenarios [View article]
    How will the management use the money raised through the issuance of corporate debt? In my opinion this is the matter of interest for any investor (the topic of my article). With the issuance of senior notes if the company has found a specific investment opportunity that make the stock capable of investing retained earnings at a return which is higher than the'' normal'' rate of capitalization (see http://seekingalpha.co...), this kind of investment decision will be justified by the results even though a short-term debt at 7% apparently seems to be more convenient than a long term debt at 11.75%.
    Jun 5, 2014. 08:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Xiniya Fashion Limited: Can We Look Into This Made In China Stock Without Prejudice? [View article]
    Hi User 9636831, why are they hesitant to buyback or issue annual dividend?

Thank you.
    Apr 8, 2014. 09:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotechnology Micro-Caps And Their Lack Of Liquidity: How To Make A Virtue Out Of Necessity [View article]
    x bullchin, GreenGrowthGeek and Crazysight: thanks for sharing.
    Mar 27, 2014. 06:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China XD Plastics Incurs Long-Term Debt: Some Scenarios [View article]
    For Lrr12: Richard X Roe has expressed his own opinion like the others. If you have got a different one you can post yours here. The purpose of my article and the consequent debate should be, in my opinion, to provide a background broad enough to include what it might be for the shareholders after this issuance of senior notes (from good signs to red flags for the shareholders). I think anyone interested in this stock has the right to be informed as much as possible on what might be the pros and cons for the shareholders after the issuance of this debt.
    Mar 22, 2014. 05:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China XD Plastics Incurs Long-Term Debt: Some Scenarios [View article]
    Richard X Roe: and how do you interpret the fact that CXDC amended the maturity date of series D junior convertible preferred stock to be February 4, 2019 (same maturity's year of senior notes)?

Thank you.

Source: http://bit.ly/1llxi9Q

Mar 20, 2014. 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China XD Plastics Incurs Long-Term Debt: Some Scenarios [View article]
    Richard X Roe, which consequences you think the issuing of senior notes by CXDC might have for the shareholders?

Thank you.
    Mar 19, 2014. 04:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China XD Plastics Incurs Long-Term Debt: Some Scenarios [View article]
    I see things in a wider range than you do because we use a different approach in analyzing this company's figures. You take them at their word, me not. But not because I have some prejudice towards this company or its management. If I am looking for investing opportunities where to put my money on, I prefer to be critical as much as possible because if the investment doesn't go in the way I expected I don't want to blame myself because I was not prudent enough as investor. I use this approach with every stock.
    Concerning receivables and sales I am with Richard X Roe (see commentator's question below), but again not because I have some prejudice but because it is my approach in analyzing company' figures.
    Concerning the question to the management why they are issuing guaranteed senior notes at a rate of 11.75% due in 5 years when they can borrow from banks at 6%, I think it wasn't necessary to ask them. I believe that for the company a 11.75% loan to be paid back in 5 years is more opportune than a 6% loan to be paid back in 1 year.
    In my opinion the management's answer to your question was easily expected.
    Welcome to Seeking Alpha platform as I noticed from your number of comments posted to date that you are new here.
    Mar 18, 2014. 06:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China XD Plastics Incurs Long-Term Debt: Some Scenarios [View article]
    Thank you for your comment Micro_Cap_Maven,

I think I have provided a background broad enough to include what it might be for the shareholders after this issuance of senior notes.
    Mar 17, 2014. 12:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Nuclear Option: Russia's Threat To Dump Treasuries [View article]
    Thank you for your piece, James.

Looking forward to read your 2014 outlook.
    Mar 17, 2014. 05:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Xiniya Fashion Store Visits Reveal Efficient Business Model And Long-Term Opportunities [View article]
    Liquidity is not a proxy for size, but XNY is a micro-cap stock. On the basis of this assumption, if the share price is cheap and the number of shares that can be effectively traded on the stock market is enough to perform a buyback, it still stay difficult to understand why the company does not repurchase some of its own shares. If the price is not cheap maybe there isn't a sufficient number of shares that can be repurchased. But this is just my opinion.
    Mar 15, 2014. 08:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I mean those sold on U.S. stock exchange.

''We completed the initial public offering of 8,000,000 ADSs, each representing four ordinary shares, on November 29, 2010. On November 23, 2010, we listed our ADSs on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “XNY.”'' (see at the bottom of page 1 here: http://1.usa.gov/1cI3U4B).
    Mar 7, 2014. 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment