View Alcaraz Research's Articles BY TICKER:
Amazon Gets Upgraded, PT Raised To $480; Starts Price War Versus Apple And Samsung
- Amazon is deliberately targeting the iPad Mini, iPad, and Galaxy Tab with timely price-cuts. Amazon’s reduced market share in 2013 is mainly due to $100 white box tablets from China.
- The $199 Kindle Fire HDX has superior technical specs than the $399 iPad 4th Generation.
- The $480 Price target and BUY recommendation from Argus analysts confirms that Bezos sales-growth-first policy is still attractive to analysts.
Amazon Phablet Can Disrupt iPhone 6 And Galaxy S5 Sales
- Amazon doesn’t need 3-D image viewing technology to steal buyers away from Apple and Samsung. It just needs to be phablet-sized and Xiaomi Mi3-cheap.
- Amazon should emulate the success of the Xiaomi Mi3 – great phone with high-end specs but with mid-range price tag.
- A 10 million sales target for Amazon for this year is feasible. It will be better for the company to release the phone earlier than the iPhone 6.
The Amazon Fire TV Can Burn Down Apple TV, Roku And Chromecast
- Jeff Bezos timely release of the Amazon Fire TV spoils Tim Cook’s plan for the Apple TV 4. Chromecast is cheaper, but has no game controller.
- Amazon’s huge library of movies, music, and games poses a serious threat to Roku and Apple’s market share in the media streaming business.
- The Fire TV also includes support for gaming which is what Apple is trying to do with the new upcoming Apple TV. Amazon Prime also benefits from the Fire TV.
- Amazon: Revenue And Free Cash Flow Growth Are All That Matter