Alex Cho

View Alex Cho's Comments BY TICKER:
  • AMD's Second Half Guidance Seems Unrealistic: Zen Will Not Topple Skylake [View article]
    Look at the stock price. If they were living up the hype from all their prior investor presentations, product presentation, and various other presentations they would be on top of Intel, and Intel would be begging AMD for a free handout in the form of licensing litigation. That obviously hasn't happened, and the scale of Intel's R&D and process advantage is tough to over come. Samsung is behind Intel, and Samsung is known to develop some of the most complex and elaborate solutions in the industry. Intel has superior yields in comparison to any other fab, so ramping profitability without any compromise to performance is worth keeping in mind.
    May 8, 2015. 09:17 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well, her name is quite literally Dr. Su.
    May 8, 2015. 06:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Nope, not with an inferior products. That's why I mentioned Zen versus Skylake.
    May 8, 2015. 06:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    It's Dr. Su not Dr. Lu.
    May 8, 2015. 04:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    That has got to be a joke. No, AMD is not going to deliver on financial results. They almost never do.
    May 8, 2015. 04:26 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah, but Intel is expecting a 5% drop-off in that particular segment that AMD is talking about.
    May 8, 2015. 04:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD Product Roadmap Leak: Some Salvation For 2016 [View article]
    Guys, I'm going to be starting a hedge fund soon. I don't need another writing job. I just really enjoy the process of publishing research on this website. Interacting with readers hasn't always been my strength, but I try my best. Usually, I tend to get a ton of positive support on the content I publish. However, whenever I present a contrarian viewpoint, and am simply correct, readers become dogmatically and diametrically opposed to my candid approach to stocks. It's been this way since I started publishing on this website three years ago. I have been consistent, and consistently good. People are welcome to debate that, but I can back this up with quantifiable results, and a long list of examples.
    May 7, 2015. 09:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD's Financial Analyst Day: What Did We Learn? [View article]
    Look at his past track record. It's just bad.

May 7, 2015. 05:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel May Buy Altera: Does An Acquisition Even Make Sense? [View article]
    It's an incredibly complex product. You have to cut some slack on this, seriously. I'm not a hardware designer, and the ones I know, get paid over $200K year to do this. So, if I knew everything about semiconductor design, I would be an engineer, not a SA author.
    May 7, 2015. 05:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel May Buy Altera: Does An Acquisition Even Make Sense? [View article]
    You didn't answer the question. Look, no one thinks it's worth $54/share other than Intel. If it's paying a premium it has to justify this to shareholders. I can't do with wishy-washy reasoning, but that's just me.
    May 7, 2015. 05:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD Product Roadmap Leak: Some Salvation For 2016 [View article]
    Yeah, they're fake. However, any news regardless of real or not, will impact the price of a stock. So, I decided to cover the topic. Now if you don't like my articles, you can read content from a different publisher. I won't complain, because I have a strong audience on this platform, and whatever comments made to demean the quality of my analysis is not reflected in my stats. Also, if no one found the content I published useful, I would not be generating 2million + page views in a year. I have readers, I have results, and I have done my best to represent my views with integrity and honesty. I would never go out of my way to mislead readers or investors.

You can verify my track record on a different website. If I don't enjoy the process of writing, or find the endeavor not worth pursuing, I will quit. And I will never return, but until that happens you can choose to read my articles, or not. No one is forcing you to read my content.

May 7, 2015. 05:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Will Maintain Growth In 2015 Thanks To The iPhone [View article]
    @Piptief, thank you for the compliment.
    May 6, 2015. 06:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Will Maintain Growth In 2015 Thanks To The iPhone [View article]
    Glad to hear Carl Icahn is going to be publishing another report on Apple. He's a very astute investor. I understand that now, after watching his ability to get involved in boards, or buy into nascent business opportunities like Netflix. He's a very flexible type of investor that knows how to leverage various situations. He can go down both extremes of value and growth, but at the same time find ways to add incremental value whenever he gets involved. So, again, I look forward to hearing what he has to say.
    May 6, 2015. 06:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Will Maintain Growth In 2015 Thanks To The iPhone [View article]
    It will take a while, but I believe market forces will eventually balance out, and a higher valuation will be arrived at a reasonable time frame. short-term selling is not indicative of the long-term fundamentals. Buying on dips is known to be an effective strategy during times like these.
    May 6, 2015. 06:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Will Maintain Growth In 2015 Thanks To The iPhone [View article]
    Thank you for the support Retired One. I have been needing positive reinforcement for quite a while. Thankfully I know where to find you all!
    May 6, 2015. 06:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment