Alex Cho

View Alex Cho's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple's Mac Revenue Will Outpace Competitors By A Healthy Margin [View article]
    I hangout at Starbucks quite often, like almost everyday, and I see a much broader diversity of PCs. Admittedly, my observations aren't representative of a very large sample.
    Nov 6, 2014. 05:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple And The Second Renaissance Of The Macintosh [View article]
    I have another article coming out soon. I think the analysis will interest you. I'm taking on some of the biggest analytic firms when I offer my alternative scenario. It'll be out of embargo in about 12 more hours.
    Nov 5, 2014. 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple And The Second Renaissance Of The Macintosh [View article]
    When Steve Jobs came back, and focused heavily on redesigning the Mac. There were many versions of the macbook and mac prior to the ones that you're using today.
    Nov 4, 2014. 08:55 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bulls Vs. Bears: A Survey Of Recent Seeking Alpha Articles On IBM [View article]
    Quite frankly Praveen, your summary of my article was pretty vapid and it's different from what I wrote. You just included my title, mentioned IBM's revenue, and discussed the comments in the article. Makes me wonder if you had actually read the article. So I'll give you an A for effort, but for a commentator on IBM that doesn't understand the difference from middleware, hardware, and enterprise services and how that's all interconnected and is competing with non-branded systems, or systems built from scratch without the additional effort from an OEM like IBM, you missed the entire point of the article.
    Nov 4, 2014. 04:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Shiller P/E Is Useless [View article]
    Wait, wait, someone earlier stated that GDP growth is purely a function of monetary policy. But that's not true, true economic growth is driven by increases in productivity, which is where Terrier is going with his analysis. Over the long-haul, an economy can only expand in size when it can support greater aggregate supply at lower average cost = increase in productivity. When doing the GDP calculation on a nominal basis, yes inflation will be a factor. However, when we exclude CPI inflation from growth to come up with real GDP, we can logically conclude that productivity outpaced the increase in cost, which is indicative of growth. Granted, the Fed's policy objective is for stable interest rate, GDP growth, and stable inflation rates. The direction the Fed should be going is to raise rates closer to historical norms, and hope that the increase in "interest income" will drive higher spending, and induce higher demand for interest bearing securities, which will increase the incentive to invest. Investors hungry for returns will find that the overall yield across rated securities will increase, and may induce a healthier environment for businesses to borrow and invest. Admittedly, this sound counter-intuitive, but I'm pretty sure we're moving further and further away from the keynesian supply and demand curve, and we're starting to move to classical curve in which surplus dollars will not increase economic activity, and only an improvement in productivity will drive economic activity. This is why many have criticized the policy stance as being way too accommodative. And people with a fairly reasonable background in economics, can argue that it's time to own securities as the business cycle will allow the government to de-lever, as businesses start to lever-up. Anyhow, that's my nuts and bolts on macro, hope you guys had a great weekend.
    Nov 3, 2014. 05:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook And Twitter: What Should You Expect Going Forward? [View article]
    I get what everyone is saying, I've been talking about the two names in isolation for a whole year. Admittedly, they're different entities, but.... I can't really compare Twitter to Google, or make Facebook comparisons to Yahoo. The two closest entities to one another in "social" is perhaps Twitter and Facebook even though they operate and target different markets, and fulfill different needs.
    Nov 3, 2014. 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook And Twitter: What Should You Expect Going Forward? [View article]
    Indeed Leopard, very thoughtful comment.
    Nov 3, 2014. 03:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon's Media Segment Will Eventually Stagnate And Decline [View article]
    Yeah, pretty good point mike, thanks for the comment.
    Oct 29, 2014. 05:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Has Upside Due To Unlimited Data On One Drive [View article]
    :) hahaha
    Oct 29, 2014. 05:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTunes And Beats Music Should Not Be Merged [View article]
    Lawrence that was pretty insightful, thank you.
    Oct 28, 2014. 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTunes And Beats Music Should Not Be Merged [View article]
    @Michael that was the funniest thing I read all day.
    Oct 28, 2014. 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTunes And Beats Music Should Not Be Merged [View article]
    Yeah, when I go up to California, I know quite a ton of people who want to meet me. I'll have to run into you as well! Send you a private message with your e-mail, and we'll have to follow up!
    Oct 28, 2014. 03:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Microsoft Pushed IBM Out Of The Enterprise [View article]
    Yeah, IBM is getting destroyed in the cloud.
    Oct 28, 2014. 03:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft: Further Upside May Be Limited [View article]
    EPS figures are impaired due to short-term restructuring charges following the acquisition of Nokia. They expect this to roll off the books over the fiscal year, and with operating metrics improving in various segments, the business saw meaningful financial improvement sequentially and year-over-year. Also, the migration of licenses to subscription will lower revenue on the front-end, but over time the average revenue per licenses is higher, so expect a change in mix to impact revenue and net income negatively, but will increase overall earnings over a period of years.
    Oct 28, 2014. 12:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iTunes And Beats Music Should Not Be Merged [View article]
    I have great faith in Apple's management team, but recent efforts in music haven't been all that great, that's my opinion. Many may not agree with it, but based on data and facts, I think I can back my opinion intelligently.
    Oct 28, 2014. 12:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment